The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

CNN show i is guessing? Now that dude looks nothing like the dude in the other picture...amazing what camera angles etc can do.

and holy poopy, that article says that dude is only 31? Hope he has a good career, pretty sure he aint gettin any hoochie coochie without payin!

Especially when he opens his mouth -- the Micky Mouse joke was a reference to the pitch of his voice: 

(Posted not for the full video, just the impression which cracks me up)

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I wonder what they will say when someone whips out a boob for him to sign? I wouldn't put it past the Ds to stage that...

To be followed by a story that Trump used to hang out at strip clubs, and signed a stripper’s show as proof.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/11/2019 at 9:47 PM, plenzmd1 said:

I think this will be a good move for CBS..I really like Norah. I think she smells BS on both sides. Good column here from Margaret Sullivan..another solid Buffalo native!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/time-to-shake-things-up-norah-odonnell-takes-over-at-ratings-challenged-cbs-evening-news/2019/07/10/6b0d8204-a33b-11e9-b732-41a79c2551bf_story.html?utm_term=.93e21c262d38

BTW, i am only speculating here..but Norah lives full time in DC, her husband is Geoff Tracy who has a chain of Chef Geoffs restaurants in DC, one in Dulles BTW..and has three kids i believe. Sure moving to DC was big win for her.

just as an aside, Chef Geoffs is an upscale Fridays in my mind, not a huge fan!

They took off an even solider Buffalo native and huge Bills fan - Jeff Glor 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:54 PM, Doc Brown said:

I'm somewhat surprised those networks pull in more than 20 million viewers combined at the 6pm time slot.  Makes Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. seem like a joke for how much people complain about them.

I am too but the question I ask if that is the case why are the cable news channels so much more influential? 

I just don't get this whole thread.......Trump acts like a crazed 8 year old in the media, calls people names like a school yard kid and then gets mad when the media calls him out on it???  In a normal work environment he would be fired based on behavior. In a normal public company he would be fired as CEO by a board for his inability to communicate effectively and his behaviors. Not sure why anyone thinks he is being persecuted. It's obviously his language. He isn't being funny, he just being mean so he gets called out for it.  If he stuck to his policies, he might actually get more praise. 

Edited by Locomark

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I just don't get this whole thread.......Trump acts like a crazed 8 year old in the media, calls people names like a school yard kid and then gets mad when the media calls him out on it???  In a normal work environment he would be fired based on behavior. In a normal public company he would be fired as CEO by a board for his inability to communicate effectively and his behaviors. Not sure why anyone thinks he is being persecuted. It's obviously his language. He isn't being funny, he just being mean so he gets called out for it.  If he stuck to his policies, he might actually get more praise. 

Seriously?

Say, what do you know about the US economy right now?  What do you know about US/foreign relations right now? How many positive article do you read each day about President Trump and the Trump administration? 

Oh and I am still waiting for you to respond to me from your drive-by last month. We get it, you live in Chicago and hate President Trump. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I just don't get this whole thread.......Trump acts like a crazed 8 year old in the media, calls people names like a school yard kid and then gets mad when the media calls him out on it???  In a normal work environment he would be fired based on behavior. In a normal public company he would be fired as CEO by a board for his inability to communicate effectively and behaviors. Not sure why anyone thinks he is being persecuted. It's obviously his language. He isn't being funny, he just being mean so he gets called out for it.  If he stuck to his policies, he might actually get more praise. 

Sniveling Locomark, what policies has Trump not stuck to?

23 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Welcome, looking forward to more of your original and keen insight into the truth about Trump.

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

That only makes it clear you didn't actually read the thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

By your logic, the media should have called out every political adversary he faced (and steamrolled) for every comment made about him. McCain. Cruz. Rubio. Obama. And of course Clinton. She was about 5 minutes into the race when she called him every -ism in the book.  Add to that list any sitting senator and congressman who painted him some media friendly broad brush...like misogynist, islamaphobe and so on. Major media outlets could do a month's long expose on political dirty deeds, backstabbing, and certainly an introspection on what honest journalism might look like if it existed. 

But, of course, they didn't. They supersized the rhetoric, treated it as mainstream up to and including the part about treasonous behavior that turned out to be the very witch hunt the perceptive president said it was.  Where are the mainstream stories about the Obama admin and surveillance on the rival candidate, gathering and using intel in a political election, and the activity of the DOJ and CIA to influence the election? 

You should he proud of our President.  He punches back, and he's redefined the rules of the political game.  No laying low when your enemies break every reasonable rule governing a fair election process.  Nope, fight back. Punch them in the face and better yet, tell the American people how and why you're doing it. 

A free and reasonably objective press is a gift to democracy and the American people. This national barnyard explosion we've come to accept as normal ain't that. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I am too but the question I ask if that is the case why are the cable news channels so much more influential? 

I don't think they are and are a creation of the news junkie bubble.  People who watch these channels usually have their political views fully formed and tend to overestimate how certain networks (FOX, MSNBC) influence other people.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

By your logic, the media should have called out every political adversary he faced (and steamrolled) for every comment made about him. McCain. Cruz. Rubio. Obama. And of course Clinton. She was about 5 minutes into the race when she called him every -ism in the book.  Add to that list any sitting senator and congressman who painted him some media friendly broad brush...like misogynist, islamaphobe and so on. Major media outlets could do a month's long expose on political dirty deeds, backstabbing, and certainly an introspection on what honest journalism might look like if it existed. 

But, of course, they didn't. They supersized the rhetoric, treated it as mainstream up to and including the part about treasonous behavior that turned out to be the very witch hunt the perceptive president said it was.  Where are the mainstream stories about the Obama admin and surveillance on the rival candidate, gathering and using intel in a political election, and the activity of the DOJ and CIA to influence the election? 

You should he proud of our President.  He punches back, and he's redefined the rules of the political game.  No laying low when your enemies break every reasonable rule governing a fair election process.  Nope, fight back. Punch them in the face and better yet, tell the American people how and why you're doing it. 

A free and reasonably objective press is a gift to democracy and the American people. This national barnyard explosion we've come to accept as normal ain't that. 

Trump doesn’t give two ***** what the media says

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

it's what full fledged flaming narcissists do.

Read up on narcissism a little bit. It will start to make sense.

...when is the last time there has been a President as caustic, obnoxious, abrasive, abusive, twitterd, or whatever adjective you choose that has turned the "good 'ol boy establishment" upside down, exposing more graft or governmental corruption since Tricky Dick Nixon or J Edgar?.....did you ever think that today's modern "politics (COUGH)" could possibly make J Edgar Hoover or Nixon look like  altar boys?.....can it be that our once thought to be bastians of governance, ala DOJ , FBI or CIA (sans their expected covert work) could be this badly corrupted?....holy s&$t.......