The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

In a series of tweets, President Donald Trump attempted to blast U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe—who said in an interview that she’s “not going to the ***** White House”—but tagged the wrong account. “and she was right to say so cry me a river plus this isn’t even her acc,” the owner of the account wrote in response to Trump’s six-tweet rant. Rapinoe, who made headlines for kneeling during the national anthem, said in an interview with Eight By Eight magazine that she wouldn’t go to the White House should they win the World Cup, and expressed doubt that Trump would even invite the U.S. women’s soccer team.

In response, Trump tweeted: “Women’s soccer player, @meganrapino, just stated that she is ‘not going to the F…ing White House if we win.’...I am a big fan of the American Team, and Women’s Soccer, but Megan should WIN first before she TALKS! Finish the job!” He added that despite Rapinoe’s comments, he intends to invite the team, whether they win or lose. “Megan should never disrespect our Country, the White House, or our Flag, especially since so much has been done for her & the team. Be proud of the Flag that you wear. The USA is doing GREAT!” Minutes after the tweets were sent, the president deleted the comments and tagged the correct Megan Rapinoe.

Idiot! 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-rage-tweets-at-soccer-star-megan-rapinoebut-tags-wrong-person?ref=home

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Rapinoe should play at least one decent game in the tournament before she counts on winning anything. She’s been horrible so far!

I can't believe she's only 33 years old.  She looks like she's 50.  

Twitter says it will start labeling tweets from influential government officials who break its rules (meaning the "rules" that are applied to non-Leftist accounts)

Twitter will start labeling tweets from influential government officials who break its rules, the company said in a blog post published Thursday.

...it says the new rule will apply to verified government officials, representatives, or candidates for a government position who have more than 100,000 followers.

Twitter said that for people who fit these criteria, it will place a notice over tweets that violate its standards but it still deems to have some public interest value. Users will have to click through the notice in order to view the original tweet. The notice will include a link to more information and say, “The Twitter Rules about abusive behavior apply to this Tweet. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain available,” according to the blog post.

Twitter said it will also make it harder for this type of message to spread by taking steps to keep the tweet from becoming “algorithmically elevated.”

2019-06-27_9-40-56.png.7dd6061671ab16a9815d3c66f4f3ae2f.png

• Like (+1) 1

THE MEDIA NARRATIVE IS ALWAYS A LIE: Barack’s ICE chief: Cages were Obama’s idea.

Former President Barack Obama’s top immigration chief in charge of removing illegal immigrants said that the “cages” Democrats have accused President Trump of housing children in were the brainchild of the Obama administration.

“I’ve been to that facility, where they talk about cages. That facility was built under President Obama under (Homeland Security) Secretary Jeh Johnson. I was there because I was there when it was built,” said Thomas Homan, who was Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement for nearly four years. . . .

Homan, who ran Obama’s successful deportation operation, ripped Democrats who question Trump immigration officials on the Obama-era idea.

He cited one Democratic chairman who asked a Trump official, “You still keeping kids in cages?”

Homan, at the conference hosted by the Center for Immigration Studies, said, “I would answer the question, ‘The kids are being house in the same facility built under the Obama administration.’ If you want to call them cages, call them cages. But if the left wants to call them cages and the Democrats want to call them cages then they have to accept the fact that they were built and funded in FY 2015.”

He said that the Border Patrol facilities where all illegals are initially kept “were not built to take care of children.” In fact, the recent surge of younger illegal immigrants is a new trend.

He said that there are no cages but chain-link fencing that separates kids from adults, done for safety. “It’s chain link dividers that keeps children separate from unrelated adults. It’s about protecting children,” he said.

It’s only about protecting children when there’s a Democrat in the White House.

When it’s a Republican in the White House, it’s a concentration camp fence.

• Like (+1) 1

CORRECTION: THE SEGREGATIONISTS WERE DEMOCRATS

The Associated Press’s story on last night’s Democratic presidential debate is now accompanied by this correction:

In a story June 27 about the Democratic presidential debate, The Associated Press reported erroneously in some versions that former Vice President Joe Biden worked with Republican segregationist senators. In fact, the senators were Democrats.

A reader wonders: “How many times can reporters and editors make this mistake?” Good question!

But I am not sure it is a mistake. I wouldn’t be surprised if some reporters, knowing that the Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and being fully aware that the Southern segregationists were all Democrats, keep saying “Republican” on purpose, in order to smear the Republican party and to confuse readers into thinking that segregationism was a bipartisan phenomenon.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:23 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

It is. I'd figure those who called it out forever wouldn't resort to it.

I think he's an awful president. But I will say I think the media jumps on him every chance, and many times for nothing.

I just thought the all knowing Trump supporters who never voted before voting for him would look pass that.

I mean, I didn't really. It just would be a good idea.

What’s the awful part ?     Is life getting harder on you now ? 

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CORRECTION: THE SEGREGATIONISTS WERE DEMOCRATS

The Associated Press’s story on last night’s Democratic presidential debate is now accompanied by this correction:

In a story June 27 about the Democratic presidential debate, The Associated Press reported erroneously in some versions that former Vice President Joe Biden worked with Republican segregationist senators. In fact, the senators were Democrats.

A reader wonders: “How many times can reporters and editors make this mistake?” Good question!

But I am not sure it is a mistake. I wouldn’t be surprised if some reporters, knowing that the Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and being fully aware that the Southern segregationists were all Democrats, keep saying “Republican” on purpose, in order to smear the Republican party and to confuse readers into thinking that segregationism was a bipartisan phenomenon.

Now, now. It's a well-known proven scientific fact that after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, both parties switched sides. Every evil perpetrated by the Democrats prior to that day is now and forever owned by Republicans. Conversely, every good deed done by Republicans is now fully credited to Democrats. There's consensus on this proven science!

It's NEVER about the democrat's actions.......................it's always about the Republicans response....................?

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1