The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Reminder To All the News Outlets Hiring Rahm Emanuel: He's Awful

Emanuel was a habitual violator of Illinois' public records laws and shielded the police from public scrutiny whenever he could.

"If national news outlets want to hire and promote a man who abetted lies about the fatal police shooting of a teenager, and who continues to spin that record, I suppose that's their business, and their reputation."

https://reason.com/2019/05/21/reminder-to-all-the-news-outlets-hiring-rahm-emanuel-hes-awful/

so let me get this straight: San Antonio Dems ban ChickFilA,

then Texas GOP protects ChickFilA,

then liberal reporter blames GOP for politicizing ChickFilA.

and then liberals wonder why the media has no credibility.

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Suspended by accident?  Who’s running that shitshow?  6 year olds??

7534B9D3-B036-43F8-82E5-FD4E08B80159.gif

I suspect they are finding that "run fast and break things" is not a good business model.

But really, they are so inept at IT.  Having a printer in your data center spitting passwords?  A non-encrypted passwords file?  Really?

People try to get me join, but I won't because I don't like being the product of companies with lax data security practices.

Edited by reddogblitz

Narrative Fail: The Country Has Become Less Prejudiced Under Trump

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

President Trump has fueled a resurgence in racial prejudice, right?

That’s the story the country has been told almost from the moment he came down the Trump Tower escalator in 2015 to announce that he was running for the office.

A widely cited Quinnipiac University Poll, for example, found that 54% agreed that “President Trump has emboldened people who hold racist beliefs.” A Pew Research Center survey found that 56% say Trump has made race relations worse.

But a new study by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania  found the opposite has occurred, as least among whites. 

The researchers looked at survey data spanning a decade that gauged racial animus among white Americans. They concluded that “anti-Black and anti-Hispanic prejudice declined after the 2016 campaign and election.”

How can that be? The working assumption for most people has been that racism is widespread in America, and just below the surface. By normalizing racism, the thinking went, Trump would unleash it. If nothing else, Trump would simply lead people to more racist positions.

Neither happened.

Instead, the study’s authors concluded that public views on racism are more likely to “move in the direction opposite that being promoted by the president or enacted by the government.”

“Given that the declines in prejudice appear concentrated in the period after Trump’s election, it seems quite plausible that it was not simply Trump’s rhetoric but also his accession to the presidency that pushed public opinion in the opposite direction,” they write.

Of course, there’s another possibility that the authors fail to consider. Namely, that President Obama stoked racial animosity, possibly more than Trump has. 

It was Obama, after all, who took every opportunity to open racial wounds when he could have been a healer. That happened after the Trayvon Martin shooting, with his pronouncements about a racist criminal justice system, and by his tacit support of the militant Black Lives Matter movement. 

The data in the study itself show that, even among Democrats, prejudice against blacks increased under Obama, then plunged under Trump. 

Similarly, anti-Hispanic prejudice is much lower now than it was under Obama — among Republicans, independents and Democrats.

Surveys at the time made it clear that the public saw Obama as worsening racial tensions. A CNN poll taken in 2016 found that 54% said race relations had gotten worse under Obama. A Gallup poll that year found that more than a third said they worried about race relations, up from 12% when Obama took office.

The City Journal’s Myron Magnet argued around the same time that Obama had “set back American race relations by 50 years.”

That’s an exaggeration, but Obama clearly failed to move the ball forward, something he was uniquely suited to accomplish.

At the same time, Trump hasn’t unleashed a wave of racial hatred, no matter how much the left wants to believe otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Continuing plunge of CNN, MSNBC ratings reveals that fake news is a bad business strategy

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

The catastrophic ratings decline for both CNN and MSNBC was no temporary blip following publication of the Mueller report. Both cable news outlets had heavily promoted the hoax of Russian collusion with the Trump administration, teasing the hopes of Trump-haters for impeachment and prosecution for treason. Now, those disappointed viewers have gone away, and continue to stay away.

(snip)

Both CNN and MSNBC are subsidiaries of large publicly-held corporations, AT&T and Comcast, respectively. It is time for the grown-ups at the corporate level to recognize that each of their subsidiaries have adopted a losing business strategy of focusing on left-wing propaganda, a declining market niche.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

President of the United States of America

that's a long time tradition

LBJ would call screaming to the president of CBS using all kinds of cuss and racial terms

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And LBJ was a ***** nutcase  

he was the total destruction of any acceptable civility between the people and the Presidency

the media took a little longer but is in total disrepute with the people

I wanted to dump this in the Funny Post of the day  but figured I didn't want to derail the thread to politics 

A fan or not of the Trumps ... This chit is funny 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-writing-book-184138421.html

“The Spy Who Duped Me”

"The Brat In The Hat"

14 hours ago, /dev/null said:

How many Diet Cokes and second scoops of ice cream did he take on the trip?

MSNBC had to break away for a bombshell breaking news report that Michael Avanetti claims he is innocent and will be suing President Trump to force him to give him a pardon. Film at 11. 

• Haha (+1) 1