The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Look at what the mean old media is posting now! You didn't see the media (deep state) printing things like this from Obama's advisors spouses! 

Congratulations! You just guaranteed that millions of more people are going to learn about narcissistic personality disorder and malignant narcissism! Great job! https://t.co/Dk9bI3sBs7

— George Conway (@gtconway3d) March 19, 2019

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I think there's still a chance that a truly transformational president that can help heal the divide with the 80% of people who aren't tfg on both sides.

Truly transformational president?  How about adults learn to act like adults?

What Trump said he said once.  It wasn't hard to understand.  Selected parts of it were then repeated 1000 times and redefined what he said.  An adult could spend 30 seconds and figure out what really happened.  Today, the left dominates the narrative, tomorrow who knows?  Either way, being an adult is a decent defense.

Not to mention transformational presidents aren't exactly the plan unless they're named Mao or Lenin.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

Or, he’s a racist douche, too stupid to speak off the cuff. How do you blame the media when we hear his words live at press conference? He says what he says, the media isn’t editing it. 

They absolutely are editing his words.  The statement made after the VA rally is proof of that and is only about 15 posts above this one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Or, he’s a racist douche, too stupid to speak off the cuff. How do you blame the media when we hear his words live at press conference? He says what he says, the media isn’t editing it. 

The text of his speech proves you wrong, or lying.

The media selectively truncated what the President said in order to shift the meaning of what he said to the opposite of his purpose.

And unlike the President, who condemned bad actors on both sides of the conflict, and praised both sides good people, in what should have been viewed as a unifying statement; the media weaponized soundbytes in order to foment division and stoke hatered.   

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The text of his speech proves you wrong, or lying.

The media selectively truncated what the President said in order to shift the meaning of what he said to the opposite of his purpose.

And unlike the President, who condemned bad actors on both sides of the conflict, and praised both sides good people, in what should have been viewed as a unifying statement; the media weaponized soundbytes in order to forment division and stoke hatered.   

Oh, the big bad media! Do they edit his incoherent Twitter rants before they are posted? Did they intercept his live feeds from his rallies and put a fake voice in there to make it sound like he was hateful moron? His is representative of the words that come out of his mouth. Act like  a scumbag and people will call you a scumbag. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Look at what the mean old media is posting now! You didn't see the media (deep state) printing things like this from Obama's advisors spouses! 

Congratulations! You just guaranteed that millions of more people are going to learn about narcissistic personality disorder and malignant narcissism! Great job! https://t.co/Dk9bI3sBs7

— George Conway (@gtconway3d) March 19, 2019

:lol: Mr. Kellyanne Conway

4 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Oh, the big bad media! Do they edit his incoherent Twitter rants before they are posted? Did they intercept his live feeds from his rallies and put a fake voice in there to make it sound like he was hateful moron? His is representative of the words that come out of his mouth. Act like  a scumbag and people will call you a scumbag. 

When the media, whom has long enjoyed the mantle of “The Fourth Estate”, work to circulate lies and bury the truth to the detriment of civil society they become the problem.

If President Trump we’re truly so bad, they wouldn’t need to craft lies to sabotage him; they could simply allow him to destroy himself.

• Like (+1) 2

Koppel's remarks are spot on. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/19/ted_koppel_establishment_press_decided_that_trump_is_bad_for_the_united_states_out_to_get_him.html

Former ABC News anchor Ted Koppel said President Trump is "not mistaken" that the media is "out to get him" in a discussion with Marvin Kalb at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Koppel said 'The New York Times' is "committed" to making sure Trump is not elected and that the president the "liberal media" have become part of "the resistance."

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Did he talk about how they are suppose to handle his lying, immigration scapegoating, conflicts of interest and crimes? They are suppose to report that while praising him? 

And let's face it, if they are not praising him, he is upset. 

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did he talk about how they are suppose to handle his lying, immigration scapegoating, conflicts of interest and crimes? They are suppose to report that while praising him? 

And let's face it, if they are not praising him, he is upset. 

Here's one thing that kindof bugged me about the media and Trump.  there was no "First 100 Days" for Trump.  In the past when a new president came along the "4th estate" would cut the prez some slack for the first 100 days to get his president legs before being too critical of him.  Obama and Bush seemed to get that treatment.  Trump didn't even get "First 100 minutes" treatment.  Sad.

I do agree with our last point though :).  But really, it's beside the point. 

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Here's one thing that kindof bugged me about the media and Trump.  there was no "First 100 Days" for Trump.  In the past when a new president came along the "4th estate" would cut the prez some slack for the first 100 days to get his president legs before being too critical of him.  Obama and Bush seemed to get that treatment.  Trump didn't even get "First 100 minutes" treatment.  Sad.

:beer: 

They didn't give him the same treatment because he was not in the same club as 44, 43, 42. 

That's also why he is such a threat to the grip on power the corporate media (and their true masters) have on our society. 

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

When the media, whom has long enjoyed the mantle of “The Fourth Estate”, work to circulate lies and bury the truth to the detriment of civil society they become the problem.

If President Trump we’re truly so bad, they wouldn’t need to craft lies to sabotage him; they could simply allow him to destroy himself.

Who are you, and what have you done with TYTT?

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I dunno, they kept saying he was growing into the job, "He's acting presidential now!" But when he starts off saying the media is lying about crowd sizes, and won't let it go, and declaring they are the enemy of the people, what are they to do? 

Question: Did Trump having a corrupt business that was a fraud, Trump University, raise red flags for you? I still can't get over that one. To me, that's who he is.