The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Was I the one that claimed the country was crumbling because Trump got pissed about Alec Baldwin or was that you?

my point was this guy has repeatedly called the press/media the Enemy of the People/State. The last president to say those types of things tried to have licenses taken away(hmm, who has brought that up again), tried to bully papers into not reporting on the truth and led him to commit several crimes down the road.

Logic also dictates that if Trump is willing to declare a national emergency as our country is being "invaded", a word only used in conjunction with enemies, not friends, than it stands to reason the press, ie "enemies of the people" also demands a national emergency declaration no?

And that my friends, is scary as all hell.

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

my point was this guy has repeatedly called the press/media the Enemy of the People/State. The last president to say those types of things tried to have licenses taken away(hmm, who has brought that up again), tried to bully papers into not reporting on the truth and led him to commit several crimes down the road.

Logic also dictates that if Trump is willing to declare a national emergency as our country is being "invaded", a word only used in conjunction with enemies, not friends, than it stands to reason the press, ie "enemies of the people" also demands a national emergency declaration no?

Friends?

Obama used the IRS. The Clintons literally kill people. Bush?

Trump sends out tweets.

It may be concerning, but let's get some perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Do you believe the media to be the unbiased pantheon of wisdom and honesty that they claim to be and that they (on either side) do all that they can to inform the public of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them God?

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The collapse of the Russian/Trump narrative last week should be viewed as proof that the "media" (sections, not all) are indeed dishonest, controlled, and the enemy of the people. They are, in fact, mouthpieces for the IC. Like when they pushed WMD in Iraq to help bolster the case for war under false pretenses, the same outlets/reporters were behind pushing the now proven Russian/Trump hoax. 

This was done not to protect the people. This was done not to keep us safe. This was done because Trump is a threat - not the country, not to the people, but to the foreign policy agendas of the MiC, IC, and their pundits in both the beltway and controlled media. 

A coup was launched, with the assistance of the media, and it continues today. 

We are at war - and it is us versus them. But the "them" isn't the GOP or DNC. It isn't Trump or Clinton (or Obama or Bush). It's the uniparty cabal which has been in control of this country, and the media, for the entirety of most people posting on here's lives. 

Why should we trust the same people who have purposefully lied and misled us about Trump/Russia nonsense to be truthful when reporting on the scourge of human trafficking at the border (and how they directly profit from it)? 

...One day I'll convince you of this truth ;) :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Friends?

Obama used the IRS. The Clintons literally kill people. Bush?

Trump sends out tweets.

It may be concerning, but let's get some perspective.

What we know is he only sends out tweets..and of course I am supposed to discern when he is lying, when he is telling the truth, when he setting a deal up, when he is just in a bad mood, when it is really Hannity talking..in other words not supposed to really know what in the hell he really means. But trust me, this is a national emergency!!!!!!

And he has already pulled 1 press pass, threatened to take many more, threatened the licenses of several local stations, kicked reporters off his campaign trail..i would say those are all more than tweets.

And this nonsense that the Clintons "literally" killed people really hurts your argument.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

What we know is he only sends out tweets..and of course I am supposed to discern when he is lying, when he is telling the truth, when he setting a deal up, when he is just in a bad mood, when it is really Hannity talking..in other words not supposed to really know what in the hell he really means. But trust me, this is a national emergency!!!!!!

And he has already pulled 1 press pass, threatened to take many more, threatened the licenses of several local stations, kicked reporters off his campaign trail..i would say those are all more than tweets.

And this nonsense that the Clintons "literally" killed people really hurts your argument.

The bolded was done by 44 as well. 

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Do you believe the media to be the unbiased pantheon of wisdom and honesty that they claim to be and that they (on either side) do all that they can to inform the public of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them God?

Nope..never said I did. Think Fox has one side covered, ABC,CNN, and NBC the other. If conservatives want more stations and newspapers, start em! No one stopping anyone from doing that

And BTW, that preamble is when ya testify!!!!

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you're allowed to pull conspiracies out of your butt, I should be allowed to do the same. How exactly would declaring an emergency on fakenews work?

70% of the population thinks the media is biased. Trump calling it out is actually a nice way to try and work the problem, even if it's been ineffective so far.

Edited by unbillievable

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nope..never said I did. Think Fox has one side covered, ABC,CNN, and NBC the other. If conservatives want more stations and newspapers, start em! No one stopping anyone from doing that

And BTW, that preamble is when ya testify!!!!

My point is that, if we can agree that the media is BS then we can agree that trump calling them out isn't wrong. 

I don't care about bias, everyone has it. But when any entity (especially a media entity) denies their bias and claims their reporting is 100% factual and without any influence to fit their narrative, then they are the enemy of truth and subsequently, the enemy of the people. Apply that to any network you want, but the truth is obvious. 

That being said, Trump hasn't done anything to muzzle the media, and he never will because without them as his whipping boy he loses a ton of cred points. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And he has already pulled 1 press pass,

One person's press pass.  Because that person forgot that a press pass isn't license to be an #######.  And his organization was not prohibited from assigning an adult in his place.

Obama tried to remove Fox from the pool in its entirety.  

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And he has already pulled 1 press pass

The argument that Trump pulling Acosta's pass proves he's anti free speech is ridiculous. A press pass to the white house briefings is not protected by the 1st, and Acosta is a mega douche who acted without any integrity or common sense and put his hands on someone doing their job. If he had wide-scale blocked CNN it would be a different story. He gave a child a time out when he should have had the secret service give him a spanking.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The bolded was done by 44 as well. 

Well, he had his issues with Fox, no doubt. Never called them "enemies of the State" , That carries some real weight, and real meaning, and real history lessons.Also, I dont recall him threatening local affiliates with losing their licenses, but i could be wrong on that.

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

th?id=OIP.2oApNskvhyy8TKk8D3EwhAHaHa%26p

HAH, cmon, do better than that. Comet Ping Pong is running a child sex ring is just as credible. ( btw, someone lit their curtains on fire last week, but i don't know the whole story)

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

If you're allowed to pull conspiracies out of your butt, I should be allowed to do the same. How exactly would declaring an emergency on fakenews work?

70% of the population thinks the media is biased. Trump calling it out is actually a nice way to try and work the problem, even if it's been ineffective so far.

I have stated no conspiracies..only fears backed by history

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Trump is that guy everyone pretends to get angry over for saying out loud what we're all thinking.

That man states about 50% what I think....and I agree a bit on the Acosta thing..a bit. Cant do more than that!!!!

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My point is that, if we can agree that the media is BS then we can agree that trump calling them out isn't wrong. 

I don't care about bias, everyone has it. But when any entity (especially a media entity) denies their bias and claims their reporting is 100% factual and without any influence to fit their narrative, then they are the enemy of truth and subsequently, the enemy of the people. Apply that to any network you want, but the truth is obvious. 

That being said, Trump hasn't done anything to muzzle the media, and he never will because without them as his whipping boy he loses a ton of cred points. 

That i cannot agree with, that prhase carries to much sordid history...And there are journalists and news readers that try as best they can to be straight shooters...Brett Baird is one, for instance, Major Garret I think as another on TV.