The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

LOL. Look at this trash headline from ABC 7 in San Francisco on a ‘frightening’ home invasion

Why, yes . . . when you break into someone else’s home it can be considered “frightening” when the resident has a gun and shoots you for, you know, breaking into his home. From ABC 7 serving the San Francisco Bay area:

yKCk7UT7_bigger.jpgABC7 NewsVerified account @abc7newsbayarea
FollowFollow @abc7newsbayarea

What apparently started as a home invasion turned quickly into a frightening scene for the suspects, after the resident started shooting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Was the animal arrested? 

“A supporter of US President Donald Trump has attacked a BBC cameraman at a campaign rally in El Paso, Texas. Sporting a Make America Great Again cap, the man shoved and swore at the BBC’s Ron Skeans and other news crews before being pulled away.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47208909

12 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Wait...is it ok to call people animals again? I thought it was still beyond the pale to dehumanize anyone, whether it be murdering gang members or guys wearing red hats. Was there a memo i missed? 

Republicans aren't real people, they're Vendeens.  So it's okay.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Wait...is it ok to call people animals again? I thought it was still beyond the pale to dehumanize anyone, whether it be murdering gang members or guys wearing red hats. Was there a memo i missed? 

Humans are animals ?

There are too many threads where a can place this idiotic train of thought.  Since this one deals with media, it's probably the most apt. 

It boggles my mind that adults who have learned enough in school to properly put words and sentences together are absolutely clueless about what their sentences really mean.

Abandoning high-speed rail would be a mistake for California, the country and the planet

• Like (+1) 2

More of a media critique 

Winter is winter, it´s not the tribulation
Jewish World Review, by Garrison Keillor

Original Article

It irks me, the notion that winter is a dreadful tribulation. Weather forecasts delivered in funereal tones as if two or three inches of snow were an outbreak of typhus, a front-page story about a snowstorm "lashing" New England. A whip lashes; snow falls gently to earth. This bitter cold weather of the past two weeks has drawn many couples closer together, my wife and me included, and has bonded communities in wonderful ways and also raised the social status of plumbers.

More at the link:

On 2/10/2019 at 2:37 PM, B-Man said:

NONE DARE CALL IT A HOAX: The Jussie Smollett Saga Continues.

“In truth, the Chicago police are terrified of even hinting they doubt Smollett’s story. There is no major city in the U.S. where the cops are more distrusted by blacks than in Chicago. The police risk a riot if they let it be known they think Smollett is trying to hoax them.”

Looks like CPD has Smollett and two of his friends in for interrogation. Staged the whole event.

_TIPS.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And some wonder why he was reluctant to hand over his phone to police. From article above:

"A source familiar with the records provided by the Empire star states that Smollett downloaded his phone activity into a spreadsheet and then deleted certain phone calls before handing over the records. “He did the [detectives’] job for them because then they only had to focus on the numbers he deleted.”

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha (+1) 2