The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

On 12/19/2018 at 11:23 PM, B-Man said:

Follow up on DR's post above

JUST NBC THE FAKE NEWS: America Is Not the Fifth Most Dangerous Country for Journalists, You Idiots.

Second (and I don’t want to come across as glib here, because even one death is a tragedy), the grand total of journalists killed in the U.S. this year was six. The global total was sixty-three. The death of a journalist is a very, very rare event, rare enough that even a small number of unlikely incidents is enough to catapult a nation into the ranks of the “most dangerous.”

Of course, that’s exactly what happened. On June 28th, a deranged man with a vendetta against local Maryland newspaper Capital Gazette walked in and killed four employees in the single worst attack on journalists in modern U.S. history. The other two deaths were journalists covering Tropical Storm Alberto in North Carolina, killed when a tree fell on the highway. Both tragedies, but clearly outliers rather than barometers for the level of danger faced daily by American journalists.

Here we hit upon the third point; the number of journalists “killed” was compiled regardless of the manner of their death or the perpetrators. When it comes to calculating threats to journalism, no one would say that a freak accident like a tree falling should be treated like an ISIS execution, or that a local crazy is like a Saudi prince. But that’s the result if you use the raw number of deaths as a stand-in for “danger.”

Exit quote from Twitchy’s take on the above (non) story:

“Obama spied on and tried to jail journalists: meh. Trump says mean things on Twitter about biased American media: ‘add the US to the list!’”

?

To be fair to NBC, they were reporting on a stupid list made by "Reporters Without Borders".  I wonder if there's a list of the most dangerous countries to scoop ice cream, or operate a hot dog cart, or whatever else some made up group want to make disingenuous lists about.

• Like (+1) 1

Upon learning the menu, all the other teams that abstained from visiting the evil orange man are reconsidering and want to know when they will be getting their bigmacs.

Also, Reggie Bush says that Trumps dinner was disrespectful and horrible. Proof positive that running for negative yards in a season is not rock bottom for this guy- opening his mouth is. 

Edited by whatdrought

15 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Washington Post: Asking the tough questions no one else is brave enough to ask.

A Washington Post Investigation.

You leftists melt down so hard, you can't even tell you're melting down any more.

Why don’t they ask how much he spent last year on groceries? The President is responsible for paying for all food and drink at White House meals - except for State Dinners. 

16 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Washington Post: Asking the tough questions no one else is brave enough to ask.

A Washington Post Investigation.

You leftists melt down so hard, you can't even tell you're melting down any more.

They never ask that question when the taxpayers foot the bill

Maxine Waters meets with CBS News representatives over lack of black 2020 reporters
The Hill [Washington, DC], by Tal Axelrod

Original Article

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) met with representatives from CBS News to discuss the ongoing controversy over the network’s lack of black reporters slated to cover the 2020 presidential race. 

bdc4fa06a5708b82b76a77f315c44217.jpg

Read the headline, then read the short article to the end.

Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence calls out fake Twitter quote praising fast food at White House

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-calls-out-fake-twitter-quote-praising-fast-food-at-white-house/ar-BBSilUh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

An image of Lawrence with a quote attached was posted on Twitter by @CloydRivers, an account with 1.84 million followers. The headline over the image read, "Clemson QB speaks out to defend America."

The quote attached to Lawrence's image read:

"President Trump got all our favorite foods, it was the best meal we ever had. Then we go and see the coastal elite media trashing it for not being organic vegan. We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."

Lawrence wrote on his unverified Twitter account that the words were not his.

"I never said this by the way... I don’t know where it came from. However the trip to the White House was awesome!" Lawrence tweeted.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

In a video published by TMZ Sports, Lawrence said he enjoyed the meal. "It was awesome," he said. "We had McDonald's and everything. It was good." 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Got handed one of these on the Metro this morning.  Person handing them out was strongly claiming to be with the Post and trying to push this as genuine.  I told her that, if so, she should ***** off, because it was advocacy and not reporting.

I sincerely hope the Post sues these #######s for trademark infringement.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Ladies and gentlemen, your American left.

I’m guessing when you look up TDS and its definition.............

this clown’s face will show up.

Well MSPMSNBC is nothing but a clown network anyways.

I bet their mascot is heel Doink the Clown.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Dont you put that on Doink the Clown! No one deserves that!

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Really?  You couldn't just go with "PMSNBC?"  You're an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1