The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

22 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Hey, she took the test! That means Trump will live up to his deal and donate a million dollars to charity, right? 

I mean, here is Fox News video of him saying it. Not some "liberal cabal", Fox News: 

Annnnnnd he won't. Here's him denying what he said on video. Again https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/411414-trump-denies-offering-1-million-for-warren-dna-test-even-though-he

It is hilarious that people here believe this putz. 

Not if she takes the test.  "If you take the test and it shows you're an Indian."

It didn't show she's Native American.  It shows she's 1/1024 Native American, which is "not Native American."  At most, Trump owes her $976.56.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Warren didn't "take a test", nor did she "publish the results".

She had a sampling done by someone who isn't in the field (not a geneticist), but rather a biologist and a statistician, who analyzed the results privately, and did not release his findings, other than to say that Warren "may" be as much as 1/32 Native - 1/512 Native; which is less than the average American, doesn't justify her using the heritage as a career stepping stone; and hasn't been corroborated.

Are you really this stupid?

Plus...genetics isn't heritage.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Warren didn't "take a test", nor did she "publish the results".

She had a sampling done by someone who isn't in the field (not a geneticist), but rather a biologist and a statistician, who analyzed the results privately, and did not release his findings, other than to say that Warren "may" be as much as 1/32 Native - 1/512 Native; which is less than the average American, doesn't justify her using the heritage as a career stepping stone; and hasn't been corroborated.

Are you really this stupid?

You mean, the professor whose specialty is "tracking population migration via DNA analysis". Literally, someone whose job it is to see how populations move.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/10/15/warren-addresses-native-american-issue/YEUaGzsefB0gPBe2AbmSVO/story.html

So, when I respond to your question of "are you really this stupid?" I should really be asking you that.  

A big loudmouthed bully made a bet. Someone did what he asked. He responded like a mewling coward and reneged on a promise...again. Like when he repeatedly stiffed his contractors. He denied what he said on camera, despite the fact that there is  literally a recording of it, like when he mocked a disabled person and then denied it.

So it tells me a great deal when your response is "Well, she isn't AS Native as I think should count, so anything Trump says doesn't count"

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You mean, the professor whose specialty is "tracking population migration via DNA analysis". Literally, someone whose job it is to see how populations move.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/10/15/warren-addresses-native-american-issue/YEUaGzsefB0gPBe2AbmSVO/story.html

So, when I respond to your question of "are you really this stupid?" I should really be asking you that.  

A big loudmouthed bully made a bet. Someone did what he asked. He responded like a mewling coward and reneged on a promise...again. Like when he repeatedly stiffed his contractors. He denied what he said on camera, despite the fact that there is  literally a recording of it, like when he mocked a disabled person and then denied it.

So it tells me a great deal when your response is "Well, she isn't AS Native as I think should count, so anything Trump says doesn't count"

Why don't you stick to the quote that he actually said?  There was a specific stipulation for the $1 million donation to charity. 

If you read the results, they show that she's less Indian than an average American with a European lineage.  Shouldn't you be more concerned that HER story about her grandparents eloping is a giant lie?

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not if she takes the test.  "If you take the test and it shows you're an Indian."

It didn't show she's Native American.  It shows she's 1/1024 Native American, which is "not Native American."  At most, Trump owes her $976.56.

Plus...genetics isn't heritage.  

Actually, that's a fair point. If you want to poke her for still getting all the advantages of being white and then also for claiming that he's Indian, that's fine by me.

Whether Warren is deserving of scorn is not mutually inclusive to Trump being a lying sack of **** who couldn't be trusted to keep a promise to not light himself on fire.

51 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Hey, she took the test! That means Trump will live up to his deal and donate a million dollars to charity, right? 

I mean, here is Fox News video of him saying it. Not some "liberal cabal", Fox News: 

Annnnnnd he won't. Here's him denying what he said on video. Again https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/411414-trump-denies-offering-1-million-for-warren-dna-test-even-though-he

It is hilarious that people here believe this putz. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:
:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Why don't you stick to the quote that he actually said?  There was a specific stipulation for the $1 million donation to charity. 

If you read the results, they show that she's less Indian than an average American with a European lineage.  Shouldn't you be more concerned that HER story about her grandparents eloping is a giant lie?

Again...if you want to hammer her, go ahead. But come on, how many times do you have to be cheated and pull out every bit of mental gymnastics to justify why you're not.

It's honestly sad. It's like watching a senile retiree being conned by a psychic while his children desperately try to save him from losing the house. 

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

No, you shouldn't. You're deferring to authority (she's a PROFESSOR!) and abandoning your own critical thinking as usual. 

You're a drone. A drone who's shown no ability or desire to converse rationally down here. You say nonsense, spread talking points, then run from any challenge. You're an empty headed vessel. 

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Actually, that's a fair point. If you want to poke her for still getting all the advantages of being white and then also for claiming that he's Indian, that's fine by me.

That's literally the ONLY point being made about her. She's a liar, and a fraud, who appropriated others' culture for her own gain and now wants to use it for further political gain. 

But you defend her. 

Because your masters told you to.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Again...if you want to hammer her, go ahead. But come on, how many times do you have to be cheated and pull out every bit of mental gymnastics to justify why you're not.

It's honestly sad. It's like watching a senile retiree being conned by a psychic while his children desperately try to save him from losing the house. 

How many times does it need to be reminded that if you take Trump's words literally, you're an idiot?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Again, tell me you aren't this stupid.

He's a statistician who looks at data sets of similar DNA in order to track migration patterns of the groups holding those DNA similarities forensically.

He doesn't test the DNA himself, he analyzes data sets to a very narrow and specific purpose.

And in his very limited "expertise", he determined that Elizabeth Warren is not a Native American, which is what she claimed when she identified herself as Cherokee in order to afford herself privilege, but rather that some portion of her genetic background, less than that of the average American, "may" be Native American 6-10 generations prior.

This is a very different argument than the "I am a Cherokee, and my great-great grandmother was full blooded Indian" claim she made.

And again, she did not publish the results of the test, or seek any corroboration from actual field experts.

Why do you believe that is?

Why do you insist on being this stupid deliberately?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He's a statistician who looks at data sets of similar DNA in order to track migration patterns of the groups holding those DNA similarities forensically.

He doesn't test the DNA himself, he analyzes data sets to a very narrow and specific purpose.

And in his very limited "expertise", he determined that Elizabeth Warren is not a Native American, which is what she claimed when she identified herself as Cherokee in order to afford herself privilege, but rather that some portion of her genetic background, less than that of the average American, "may" be Native American 6-10 generations prior.

This is a very different argument than the "I am a Cherokee, and my great-great grandmother was full blooded Indian" claim she made.

And again, she did not publish the results of the test, or seek any corroboration from actual field experts.

That is the point that needs to be emphasized. She was matched to people from Mexico and South America. Not specifically to Native American. They are making the assumption that they are both the same, but do not have the data to support it, since Native Americans did not donate specimens for the testing (if I read the materials correctly).

Edited by KRC
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KRC said:

That is the point that needs to be emphasized. She was matched to people from Mexico and South America. Not specifically to Native American. They are making the assumption that they are both the same, but do not have the data to support it, since Native Americans did not donate specimens for the testing (if I read the materials correctly).

Hmmmn. Maybe she's an illegal alien?

24 minutes ago, KRC said:

Which may not invalidate the test anyway - there's certain genetic markers that are common to Native Americans on both continents.  

The key is: what markers did he measure and evaluate?

44 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because he is grasping for straws, and they keep slipping away...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Which may not invalidate the test anyway - there's certain genetic markers that are common to Native Americans on both continents.  

The key is: what markers did he measure and evaluate?

Correct. It does not validate or invalidate the test. All we know is that she has a minute amount of South America or Mexico in her. Even if the genetic markers matched, it still does not prove Native American. It only proves a possibility of Native American, based on the amount of South American or Mexican in her.

4 minutes ago, KRC said:

Correct. It does not validate or invalidate the test. All we know is that she has a minute amount of South America or Mexico in her. Even if the genetic markers matched, it still does not prove Native American. It only proves a possibility of Native American, based on the amount of South American or Mexican in her.

I think it's most important to note that the report says she's overwhelmingly European (greater than 95% of genetic segments match European samples with greater than 99% confidence.)

But one segment matches Native Americans, and four others are more common in Utah than in England.  

So one Native American marker in an ocean of European genetics = "Native American."  But a Y-chromosome?  We still can't tell your gender.  Liberals are !@#$ing idiots.

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Am I the only one hoping Trump takes a DNA test?

And it shows Trump and Warren share a common Native American ancestor?