The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Hey Kids, the word to seize on tonight is MOB. Can you say MOB? I knew you could pounce on it.

THE JOURNOLIST IS HOPPING: and DNC talking points are "magically" spread across the country

● Republicans have a new name for Democrats: ‘mob.’

—CNN, Sunday.

● ‘An angry mob’: Republicans work to recast Democratic protests as out-of-control anarchy.

—The Washington Post, yesterday.

● Republicans Seize On Stoking Fears Of Left-Leaning Mob To Mobilize Voters.

Talking Points Memo, today.

● The GOP’s sneaky attempt to paint the majority as an angry left-wing mob.

The Week, today.

● Republicans: Protesters Are an Unruly Mob — Unless They’re Heavily Armed and Support Us.

New York magazine, today. 

● WATCH: Brooke Baldwin Clashes With CNN Commentator Matt Lewis for Calling Ted Cruz Restaurant Protesters a ‘Mob.’

Mediaite, today.

Earlier: “Here’s the thing: though there is no question that the GOP, like Democrats, play to the anxieties of its base — this is normal politics — there really were, and are, mobs out to get conservatives.”

Thumbnail

How dare you call our mob a mob!! 

The media doesn't root for a side..................

Beto gets hour on national TV by himself...

If Dems refuse to denounce incitement to harassment and murder, make them own it
by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

All Republican campaign ads should show anti-fa violence and Maxine Waters pushing for it.

With Steve Scalise still needing canes to walk after surviving an attempted mass assassination of GOP congressmen; Maxine Waters loudly urging Democrats to harass Republicans whenever they venture out, even to "gasoline stations"; paid demonstrators pounding on the doors of the Supreme Court while the newest justice was sworn in; and the rank and file urging the murder of Justice Kavanaugh, the Republic now faces a crisis of political violence.

"Weeks ahead of the midterm elections, Republicans have cast the Trump resistance movement as “an angry mob'... a modern incarnation of the law-and-order thrusts Republicans have used before in tough campaigns..."

"... most notably 50 years ago, when Richard Nixon used the specter of rioting at the Democratic National Convention to cast the opposing party as the tool of antiwar protesters and violent malcontents.... Earlier this year, when White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was denied service at a Virginia restaurant and when Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was heckled by protesters at a Mexican restaurant, Republicans cast Democrats as overreacting and unable to withhold their animus toward Trump.... 'They have encouraged mob rule,' Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) said on the Senate floor Friday... Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) wondered on Twitter: 'Imagine the coverage on cable news if an angry mob of conservatives stormed the steps of the Supreme Court building.'... At his Saturday night rally in Topeka, Kan., Trump joined in, asserting that 'the radical Democrats have turned into an angry mob.'"

I'm reading "‘An angry mob’: Republicans work to recast Democratic protests as out-of-control anarchy" by Matt Viser and Robert Costa in The Washington Post.

There are 3 things that strike me that Viser and Costa don't talk about (and that others who are promoting women's rage are not talking talking about):

1. Law and order may be an old conservative theme — and I certainly remember how Nixon used it back in the days of angry anti-Vietnam War protests — but rape and sexual assault are violent crimes, and the #MeToo movement demands a more vigorous crack down on crime. Do you want more severe anti-crime enforcement or not? If you do, you're a law-and-order person. Own it!

2. Kavanaugh expressed anger at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, and he was condemned — by Democrats — for lacking the right "temperament." His opponents acted so shocked and disturbed by the display of emotion. Is showing righteous anger a good tactic or not? If it's bad only when the other side does it, you're engaged in the kind of hypocrisy that I collect under the tag "civility bull ****."

3. It's sexist to minimize the threat of violence coming from women. Some people use the term "cat fight" to suggest it's cute or sexy or laughable when women are violent, and women may sometimes take advantage of that low opinion of our capacity to do real damage. Female privilege. I'm seeing that in the current protests, with women expressing open, screaming rage. If these women think they don't deserve a law-and-order reaction, they are trusting that the rest of us hold the sexist opinion that they are ineffectual. Let them explain why that's pro-woman.

Posted by Ann Althouse

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

DuckDuckGo is the way to go for sure.

I've used Bing a few times recently and have been pleased.  I'm going through a rather arduous process that has me looking up all sorts of information, Google has been terrible.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I've used Bing a few times recently and have been pleased.  I'm going through a rather arduous process that has me looking up all sorts of information, Google has been terrible.

i use DuckDuckGo because they say they don't track you or your search history.

I have a novel idea. I wish there was a place on the internet that just showed you what it found matching your search terms irregardless of my past searches and websites visited and paid content.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I have a novel idea. I wish there was a place on the internet that just showed you what it found matching your search terms irregardless of my past searches and websites visited and paid content.

And doesn't sell your search history to 3rd parties

• Like (+1) 1

Deranged media gets Trump advisor Stephen Miller’s 3rd grade teacher to bad mouth him

So many lines have been crossed by Democrats and their supportive media, I’m not sure there are any lines left.

Stephen Miller, advisor to Trump, is hated by Democrats and other leftists because of his role helping elect Trump and Miller’s strong positions on immigration.

The New York Times investigated Miller’s high school and college years:

In June 2018, Politico even ran a piece from one of Miller’s 3rd grade classmates, I Sat on the Other Side of Stephen Miller’s First Wall:

Now The Hollywood Reporter has jumped on the bandwagon, running a column by Miller’s 3rd grade teacher Nikki Fiske badmouthing Miller’s 3rd grade conduct, focusing on glue again, Stephen Miller’s Third-Grade Teacher: He Was a “Loner” and Ate Glue:

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Again, the reason you see Enquirer-like stories such as this is because the left has no leader and no message beyond trying to scare people.

It's really that simple.

it's unfortunate to a degree because the country does better when iron sharpens iron, but whatever bench the Dems have was self-obliterated during the Kavanaugh hearings.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Again, the reason you see Enquirer-like stories such as this is because the left has no leader and no message beyond trying to scare people.

It's really that simple.

it's unfortunate to a degree because the country does better when iron sharpens iron, but whatever bench the Dems have was self-obliterated during the Kavanaugh hearings.

They have no bench, no statesman leadership, and are being led by a mob fresh out of college with $150k in student debt with useless degrees in Lesbian Latina Transgender Dance Theory.

It's all they have left, and are completely self-immolating.

republicans-pounce.jpg...Remember, every news story has to be framed to the GOP's reaction.......not the actual story

IT’S POUNCE: CNN reporter says GOP is ‘jumping on’ that clip of Eric Holder saying, ‘We kick them’

REPUBLICANS SEIZE! Republicans Seize On ‘Angry Mob’ Mantra To Keep Their Midterm Base Fired Up.

a6c793eeb968b7c0571b45daa61a1354-originaForget it, Jake — it’s NPR.

47Poste
  • Like (+1) 1