The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Part of me still thought it was fake even after seeing the video... :lol: 

They're investigating? I think anyone here can tell them how that incorrect information got into their system. #Resist 

I liked the earlier reports I saw that called it a "technical glitch."

"Yes, our banner generator had a short that caused it to accuse Manafort of murder."

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/19/2018 at 5:16 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, Joe.  I'm not.

As gatorbait has pointed out, someone, in an official capacity, has to decide what is true, or not.  That person will be with the government, and based on their decision, press outlets and reporters will be punished for not complying with what the government has decided is the truth.

So, yes, it really does require a government ministry of truth to adjudicate.

You're literally making the exact same argument supporters of the ACA made about death panels.   

Hey there. It's me again.

I have a question.  Can a reporter/newsoutlet commit treason?  Can they be tried for treason?  Can they be punished for treason?

53 minutes ago, Wacka said:

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. 

As long as you don’t say the word “it”

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

Surely he threw them at her face, kneed Trudeau in the nuts, and gave Macron a wedgie with his other hand, all in one fell swoop...then said "give me 2 scoops!"..but the reporter is likely trying to suppress what really happened. 

Edited by OJ Tom

On 6/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, Koko78 said:

The picture of Mrs. Trump is from today. The King and Queen of Spain were in town to celebrate 300 years of friendship (minus that minor misunderstanding in 1898...) She was sitting there listening to Trump and King Whosit talk about whatever when the pic was taken.

You mean, the journalists who insinuated that she was gone because Trump beat her were wrong?

Gee. Who saw that coming?

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. 

So there were no llamas involved after all?

DgLI1ypW0AIfm3x.jpg

Two and half years late CNN and MSNBC.  We already knew what Fox News was.  You helped create him and now you own him.  This emotional overreaction to a border policy continues to feed the troll.  Just stop it.

15 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Hey there. It's me again.

I have a question.  Can a reporter/newsoutlet commit treason?  Can they be tried for treason?  Can they be punished for treason?

I'm sure they can, though it's a very difficult legal standard to meet, and for good reason.

39 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm sure they can, though it's a very difficult legal standard to meet, and for good reason.

The last I know of were seven or so that were indicted in absentia during World War 2, who were in Germany before 1942, and stayed to broadcast Axis propaganda ("Axis Sally" sorts, though I don't think the actual Axis Sally was a reporter.) . Half of them had the charges dropped post-war, for lack of evidence.  I think three were convicted.  The determining factor seems to be whether or not they were actively aiding the Axis with propaganda broadcasts, versus simply reporting in a positive light (e.g. one of them was a "cultural reporter," filing reports about fashion in Berlin, which they ultimately decided wasn't really aiding and abetting the enemy.)

The bar for "treason" is very high, and even more so for reporters.  Nothing anyone is doing right now even comes close to treason.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The last I know of were seven or so that were indicted in absentia during World War 2, who were in Germany before 1942, and stayed to broadcast Axis propaganda ("Axis Sally" sorts, though I don't think the actual Axis Sally was a reporter.) . Half of them had the charges dropped post-war, for lack of evidence.  I think three were convicted.  The determining factor seems to be whether or not they were actively aiding the Axis with propaganda broadcasts, versus simply reporting in a positive light (e.g. one of them was a "cultural reporter," filing reports about fashion in Berlin, which they ultimately decided wasn't really aiding and abetting the enemy.)

The bar for "treason" is very high, and even more so for reporters.  Nothing anyone is doing right now even comes close to treason.  

Pretty much my point exactly.

People are starting to throw legal jargon around because it's politically advantageous in the short term, and because they don't understand the guiding statutes.  It's not all that much different than the dopes screaming "collusion!!!!".

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Give them a break. They were involuntary manslaughters.

fake-news imagine involuntary manslaughters.

LOL

they are inventing new ways to lie to anyone who pays attention, every day...

13 minutes ago, westside said:

Yep. He didn't want to do it, but he had too.

Does that mean he's working for the clintons?

no, that's actual murders where the media knows about it and whitewashes it for the Cs