The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

7. He falsely claimed he had the biggest inauguration turnout.

The media claimed large crowds of protestors showed up, but very few people went to the inauguration. You can't have both.

Sure you can. Both sides lie.

I agree. It's refreshing to see a guy follow through with his promises. He can save himself the trouble by choosing his words more carefully, though.

My guess is he's been told this 100's of times by his closest advisors and his kids (most of whom present themselves better than their Dad) but I don't think Trump can help himself. He's a thin-skinned extrovert.

WHY THE PRESS IS FALLING APART:

So when does the other shoe drop? Who’s going to break the story proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the president of the United States is so deeply connected to Russian President Vladimir Putin that the White House has become a Muscovite colony in all but name?

Time to use some common sense—it’s not going to happen, there is no story. The narrative that Donald Trump is effectively Putin’s prison wife is an information operation orchestrated by Democratic hands, many of whom served in the Obama administration, sectors of the intelligence community, and much of the American press. The purpose of the campaign is to delegitimize Trump’s presidency by continuing to hit on themes drawn from the narrative that Russia “hacked” the election and stole it away from Clinton.

The narrative is contorted because it’s not journalism. It’s a story that could only make sense in a profoundly corrupted public sphere, one in which, for instance, Graydon Carter is celebrated for speaking truth to power with an editor’s letter critical of Trump in a magazine that has no other ontological ground in the universe except to celebrate power.

Oh, sure, there are regular hints that there’s still more to come on Trump and his staff’s ties to Russia—the big one is about to hit. But the steady sound of drip-drip-drip is the telltale sign of a political campaign, where items are leaked bit by bit to paralyze the target. Journalists, on the other hand, have to get their story out there as quickly, and as fully, as possible because they’re always worried the competition is going to beat them to it.

No, if Trump really was in bed with the Russians, the story would already be out there, and I’m pretty sure it would have had a Wayne Barrett byline.

• Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of gaggle over a gaggle.

"White House press secretary Sean Spicer decided to hold the gaggle with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera media briefing inside the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room."

"Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said Friday that "media should calm down" after the Trump White House blocked several news organizations from a question-and-answer session.

"Calm down everyone," Fleischer, who served as former President George W. Bush’s top spokesman, tweeted. He added that press secretaries should brief all reporters, but noted that the White House staff often meets with "who they want."

He also called on media to "stop hyperventilating" after The New York Times' top editor slammed the White House's decision to exclude multiple outlets, including the Times, from the off-camera press "gaggle."

The Times’s executive editor Dean Baquet blasted the move, saying in a statement “nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history.”

Anyone remember when B. O.'s justice department went after reporter James Rosen as a co-conspirator in "criminally" leaking classified information? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Bueller?

• Like (+1) 1

NBC News’s Anti-Trump Propaganda Ad Exploits Children...........Propaganda video illustrates why Americans distrust the media

Democrats and the progressive left have a propensity for using children as political props to push for everything from carbon taxes and gun control to illegal immigration and transgender bathrooms. There seem only two domestic issues that the left refuses to consider in relation to children: abortion and the national debt.

Hillary used children in her “role model” ad against then-presidential candidate Trump, and now NBC News has compiled a video entitled “Dear Mr. President” in which they present children expressing their fear of President Trump.

This anti-Trump ad hard-hitting news segment, however, is being called out as propaganda. Mostly because it is.

Fox News reports:

A pair of NBC News videos featuring kids expressing fears about Donald Trump’s presidency is coming under fire by conservatives who call it “propaganda.”

The videos show kids saying things such as “Most of my family is black. I’m afraid that you’re gonna hurt some of us blacks,” “You are here, attempting to white-wash America,” “You’re going to separate me away from the rest of my family, and I really don’t want [that] because I love them too much.”

The videos begin with one youth offering faint praise, then continue with a barrage of children expressing despair and fear over Trump and his policies.

Setting aside the fact that all of this hysteria about Trump being a racist and his agenda overflowing with items aimed at harming black and minority communities is based in pure fantasy, the exploitation of children and the very real and potentially long-term emotional and psychological effects of creating (completely unfounded) fear in the hearts and minds of children is unconscionable.

One of these children says that he fears Trump will “hurt” black people. On what this is based is anyone’s guess because one thing about which Trump has never wavered in his many decades of political see-sawing is the need for stronger black communities that are safe and that afford children the same quality of education and opportunity afforded to more affluent communities.

Another child says that he doesn’t “like [the president’s] definition of ‘American’,” and again, it’s not at all clear on what this assessment is based or what the child even means. Needless to say, no one asks, either.

It’s not surprising that NBC is in hiding over this anti-Trump ad. The number of likes on this video is 103 as I’m typing this, while the dislikes are 9,047.

NBC-propaganda-vid-down-votes.png

One might think that in the wake of their cable and network news ratings, the “mainstream” media would work to rebuild the trust of the American people. Apparently, though, they’ve decided to take another route and double-down on the precise reason that public trust in mass media is at record lows.

Remember all your liberal facebook friends posting that one and calling it 'inspirational' and 'game changing'? :lol:

The "game changing" videos from 2016 was Hiliary's "deplorables" rant and an NRA ad that, regardless of the viewer's opinion of the Second Amendment, re-enforced the image of Hiliary as an out of touch Insider

Brian Stelter: ‘We don’t see CNN or NY Times rooting for any president’........ :lol:

Brian Stelter was on CNN yesterday to make the case that the Trump administration was giving access to mostly favorable media like Breitbart and the Washington Times in order to gain more favorable coverage. “We’ve seen this administration stacking the deck with friendlier news outlets,” Stelter said. “What I mean are news outlets that have a point of view. In some cases they’re openly rooting for the president,” he continued. “We don’t see CNN or the NY Times rooting for any president, whether a Democrat or Republican,” Stelter said.

Granted, Breitbart has been obviously pro-Trump for the past year and a half and the Washington Times leans to the right. I wouldn’t argue Stelter on either point. But the idea that the NY Times and CNN are above having a point of view is ludicrous.

• Like (+1) 1

Mediate

April Ryan Defends Accusing President Trump of Racist Language He Never Actually Used http://bit.ly/2loyKx6

Why would that matter ?............lol

April Ryan is an American journalist serving as White House correspondent and Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks.

that whole thing was super bizarre. i thought about making a new thread but havent yet, might still do it

anyway, a BLACK journalist brings up a BLACK political organization that hadnt been part of the convo before that, to ask the president if he will be meeting with this overtly BLACK organization

he says fine sure, are you friends with them. lets set something up

and in some bizarroland alternate universe, hes accused of racism

is there anybody on the planet that can explain exactly how that would show bias against blacks?

really a nice little microcosm of why the race issue is broken in america. lots of bad stuff going on with that fkd up little exchange and the 'outrage' that followed

and of course this is exactly why we got this disaster president

every unfair extraneous attack against him was viewed as an attack against whiteness. trump is an epic dick that sheds plenty of usable material, yet the press seems to think that gives them license to freely extrapolate everything to its worst conclusion and then pretend their projection is fact, and THEN hold it against him

the sea of disaffected whites sees this and its a very familiar feeling. not so surprising, since for the last twenty years america has been on an escalating campaign against whiteness, culminating in the last eight years where blacks and enabling whites turned into the new racists that gleefully broadbrushed heartland america like it was still the 1970's

those of you that know me know i was sounding the alarm bells over this, way before the don was even a candidate, way before the election. i wasnt sure exactly what form the rebound off that dysfunction would take, i did speculate it could elect the don but i thought we couldnt possibly be THAT stupid. but if it was gonna happen it was gonna be bc of us continuing to bash the sea of whites over old racism so something was bound to happen

its been a brewing problem a long time, and bc we didnt give the proper healthy attention to it, it has bitten us square on the dick. hey i like that:

the trump presidency is like a cobra bite to the dick

a cobra bite to the dick that we created

nice job

some lessons should be pretty easy right now. just ask black lives matter. think them niggas sitting around wondering if they went too far right about now? wondering if maybe they had listened to me and loved the white man like brother king wanted them to instead of campaigning against and condemning them even tho most of whitey has actually given up racist intent and beliefs?

bet yo black ass

Edited by Meathead

This is the funniest story. It's a story created with leaks, lol!!

Multiple sources!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/sean-spicer-targets-own-staff-in-leak-crackdown-235413

Last week, after Spicer became aware that information had leaked out of a planning meeting with about a dozen of his communications staffers, he reconvened the group in his office to express his frustration over the number of private conversations and meetings that were showing up in unflattering news stories, according to sources in the room.

Spicer, who consulted with White House counsel Don McGahn before calling the meeting, was accompanied by White House lawyers in the room, according to multiple sources.