NBA Player Cousins Headed to NBA Team in New Orleans

Gugny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it's a shocking trade. I know the Kings suck but Cousins must be miserable to play with. Just a giant baby and sucks the fun a game.

But great trade for NO because they really gave up nothing &a I'm sure Davis will be good for Cousins. That said, in today's NBA , I'm not sure if 2 really good bigs will matter as much as they did 10 years ago. Teams will just go small and spread the court.

But an interesting move for sure and I'm always on the side of getting a beast (and giant baby).

I can't believe that was the price. Vivek just live Buddy. I think that Buddy is going to be a nice player in the league with maybe a Joe Johnson ceiling. Even in the best case scenario it's still a bad trade for Sacramento (assuming Boogie doesn't go way far off the deep end). It's so hard to get stars in that league.

If Ainge doesn't get a superstar before the deadline, this was his biggest gaffe yet.

Is that true? Hmm. He has two more years of Brooklyn picks (best odds at number one overall this year) and a rookie in Jalen Brown who was drafted 3rd overall last season. With the Warriors making their run and Lebron still at the top of his game wouldn't it make some level of sense to slow play his stacked hand? Brooklyn will suck again next year... He is trying to win championships not finish the runner up.

I want Butler but even if they get him they are still huge dogs to GS/Lebron. I'm starting to think using the high picks is a good move.

Is that true? Hmm. He has two more years of Brooklyn picks (best odds at number one overall this year) and a rookie in Jalen Brown who was drafted 3rd overall last season. With the Warriors making their run and Lebron still at the top of his game wouldn't it make some level of sense to slow play his stacked hand? Brooklyn will suck again next year... He is trying to win championships not finish the runner up.

I want Butler but even if they get him they are still huge dogs to GS/Lebron. I'm starting to think using the high picks is a good move.

Yes.

The point of accumulating all those assets was to make a move for a superstar. Horford is a star, but he's 30. Isaiah is a star. Cousins or Butler is the superstar they have waited to get. IMO.

Yes.

The point of accumulating all those assets was to make a move for a superstar. Horford is a star, but he's 30. Isaiah is a star. Cousins or Butler is the superstar they have waited to get. IMO.

It's obvious they didn't value Cousins because of his temperament. He would have been a perfect fit on the court, better than Butler IMO. They needed a big man and with his talent the only explanation is that Ainge/Stevens/Wyc didn't want any part of him because the Kings return was the equivalent of Avery Bradley and a lower tier 1st rounder. I personally disliked the Horford signing. If that money was available the Celts had the ammunition to get Butler and Cousins. Thomas/Smart/Butler/Crowder/Cousins that would have made Lebron's path a bit tougher. They would have had to dump Bradley, Brown, Rozier and the picks but that is a lineup you sell out for. You think the Celts should pay a ransom for Butler? Then matchup their 5 against the Cavs or GS and it's still weak.

It's obvious they didn't value Cousins because of his temperament. He would have been a perfect fit on the court, better than Butler IMO. They needed a big man and with his talent the only explanation is that Ainge/Stevens/Wyc didn't want any part of him because the Kings return was the equivalent of Avery Bradley and a lower tier 1st rounder. I personally disliked the Horford signing. If that money was available the Celts had the ammunition to get Butler and Cousins. Thomas/Smart/Butler/Crowder/Cousins that would have made Lebron's path a bit tougher. They would have had to dump Bradley, Brown, Rozier and the picks but that is a lineup you sell out for. You think the Celts should pay a ransom for Butler? Then matchup their 5 against the Cavs or GS and it's still weak.

I guess my contention would be that the only valid excuse to not grab Cousins is because you're pursuing Butler.

The Celts are the second seed in the East as it stands. They are much too good to wait for the next Lebron to walk through the door. With Butler/Cousins, they would be in the ECF for the next 3 years. When you have that opportunity, you have to take it and hope the Lebron slows down, some other team gets lucky over GS, etc etc. Waiting until you have a better team than GS and Cleveland means you'll be waiting 10 years at least.

Edited by FireChan

I guess my contention would be that the only valid excuse to not grab Cousins is because you're pursuing Butler.

The Celts are the second seed in the East as it stands. They are much too good to wait for the next Lebron to walk through the door. With Butler/Cousins, they would be in the ECF for the next 3 years. When you have that opportunity, you have to take it and hope the Lebron slows down, some other team gets lucky over GS, etc etc. Waiting until you have a better team than GS and Cleveland means you'll be waiting 10 years at least.

I was all for Cousins, I love Butler... I just don't want to see Ainge finally make a splash and the splash is over paying for Jimmy Butler. Sounds like Chicago wants a real victory

in this deal. Any combination of Smart/Crowder/17 nets pick/ Brown etc. that's too much.

So then the ammo is low and your best big man is Horford (who sucks on the boards now) and you need more than luck to beat the top 4 in the west and Cavs. Heck, I felt the same way when the Cavs traded Wiggins for Love. It's just to much IDC if they got lucky last year and won one.

I was all for Cousins, I love Butler... I just don't want to see Ainge finally make a splash and the splash is over paying for Jimmy Butler. Sounds like Chicago wants a real victory

in this deal. Any combination of Smart/Crowder/17 nets pick/ Brown etc. that's too much.

So then the ammo is low and your best big man is Horford (who sucks on the boards now) and you need more than luck to beat the top 4 in the west and Cavs. Heck, I felt the same way when the Cavs traded Wiggins for Love. It's just to much IDC if they got lucky last year and won one.

But you have no way of getting "more" than Butler/Cousins. That's the point. Everybody can't tank for the #1 overall.

my issue is that I don't want to part ways with any of the current Celtics. I'm ok with giving up the picks. Marcus Smart drives me nuts so maybe I'd trade him. I want to keep Bradley, Crowder and Jalen. I don't think Ainge will do a Butler deal if it's too steep. Edited by YoloinOhio

But you have no way of getting "more" than Butler/Cousins. That's the point. Everybody can't tank for the #1 overall.

Nets are horrible and the Celts get at worst 3rd overall again. The Brooklyn trade afforded Ainge the luxury

to be patient because they are essentially tanking while

Stevens grooms the young kids. Obviously he has to combine some of his picks at some point but I don't think its a failure if he fails to land Butler. Sure, it could fail down the road if they screw up the Nets picks. I can agree with that.

I have spent the last 36 hours on twitter communicating in nothing but Boogie Cousins gifs. I will be there Thursday night (even skipping one of my favorite Mardi Gras parades) to welcome him. I am beyond pretty excited about this.

Same here! Didn't know you lived in Nola.

Nets are horrible and the Celts get at worst 3rd overall again. The Brooklyn trade afforded Ainge the luxury

to be patient because they are essentially tanking while

Stevens grooms the young kids. Obviously he has to combine some of his picks at some point but I don't think its a failure if he fails to land Butler. Sure, it could fail down the road if they screw up the Nets picks. I can agree with that.

I think they should trade those picks back to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez. (Transparency, I'm a Nets fan and know they are !@#$ed for a long time, Thanks Billy King)