Your Favorite War Movie

RevWarRifleman

This may have been done before, don't know. But...

For me, Platoon. Although I didn't serve in Vietnam, I did served (1968-72) during the war, in the Air Force. There's many things

in the movie that strikes a chord with me. Some of the terms they used were the same ones we used in the barracks & other

places. Referring to the US as "the world", boo koo as lots of something and so on. The partying scene in the bunker was very much like

I experienced. You had the "juicers" in one area, and the "pot heads" in other parts of the barracks. Thus, the music played

in each place was decidedly different too. That scene where those guys partied to Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, I was

one of those guys. Several of my high school classmates went over & fought. One buddy in my art class in hs was in Bravo

company. All these years later, I look at that in an entirely different light.

American Sniper from a few years ago runs a good second place.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do "M.A.S.H" and "Good Morning, Vietnam" count? If not "Troy".

Yesterday I found a cable channel that had MASH back to back for hours and hours. When I was in college it was on as many as 5 times a day, and we'd watch them all. No wonder I didn't graduate early with honors.....but I did eventually escape.

Saving Private Ryan will always be my favorite movie, I'm quite sure.

I saw Black Hawk Down finally - recently - and liked it for awhile, and then was like holy crap, it's just non stop shooting and action, once it starts. I need more than just that.

Blackhawk down. "This is mine" The Deer Hunter, a close second

Saving Private Ryan and Full Metal Jacket are my two favorites; however, I loved to watch Black Hawk Down... Till I started to work with the widow of one of the KIA. I've had zero urge to see it again till I show my son and then tell her about our connection.

Not necesarily my fave, but an honorable mention...Full Metal Jacket..

"Well it looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress! I think you've been cheated!"

So many more great quotes in that movie!

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH