Trump and Russia

THE RUSSIA HOAX IN REVIEW

The Russia collusion hoax represents the biggest scandal in American political history. That’s not the way it is presented in the mainstream media, but they were active participants in the hoax. They are not inclined to look back or to try to understand what they have done. They think they are Woodward and Bernstein, but they are tools who are happy to be of use to their allies in the Democratic Party and the law enforcement/intelligence establishment.

Two essential books investigate the story underlying the Russia collusion hoax. There are other books on the subject, but these two are, as I say, essential.

The first is Andrew McCarthy’s Ball of Collusion: The Plot to Rig an Election and Destroy a Presidency. I wrote about Andy’s book in “All the president’s men, Obama style.” The second is The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History. I wrote about Lee’s book in “All the president’s men, take 2.”

Having written about these books, I was of course interested in how mainstream media outlets would assess them. Not entirely surprisingly, they have ignored the books. They have maintained what appears to be a discreet silence. Why? Perhaps for the obvious reason that the books belie the collusion hysteria that the mainstream media outlets pushed over the past three years, but I wonder if there isn’t more to it.

McCarthy brings his remarkable professional experience and expertise to his account of the hoax. The theme of his book is pretext. In the concluding paragraph of the book he summarizes the variety of pretexts at work in the collusion hoax: “counterintelligence as a pretext for a criminal investigation in search of a crime; a criminal investigation as a pretext for impeachment without an impeachable offense; an impeachment inquiry as a pretext for rendering the Donald Trump presidency un-reelectable; and all of it designed as a straitjacket around his presidency.”

The pretext continues. My guess is that mainstream media outlets cannot deal with the case McCarthy makes. Thus the silence.

Lee Smith’s book presents a slightly different case. In a principal theme the book demonstrates the complicity of the press in peddling the collusion hoax. In peddling the hoax, the most prominent organs of the mainstream media were the accomplices of the perpetrators. The book cites the relevant stories and relentlessly names names making out the “collusion” of the press with the Clinton campaign and the government — the FBI, the CIA, the Department of Justice — in peddling the collusion hoax as news. The organs of the mainstream media are not going to give attention to Smith’s book by summarizing his case and denying the charge.

Contrast the silent treatment accorded these essential books with books that continue the media war by other means (i.e., in book form), such as James B. Stewart’s Deep State: Trump, the FBI, and the Rule of Law. Jonathan Chait reviewed Stewart’s book for the New York Times Book Review in “Two Candidates, Two Investigations, One Deeply Flawed Agency.”

Chait writes: “The F.B.I. agents investigating Clinton’s use of a personal email account realized early on that they would never have a prosecutable case. While Clinton had violated laws pertaining to the handling of classified material, she had apparently done so out of a combination of technical ineptitude and convenience, and the government had never charged an offender without establishing nefarious motives. As a result, the bureau concluded it didn’t ‘have much on the intent side.'” We get the drift.

MORE AT THE LINK:

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump tower Moscow 

Negotiated while Russia was actively interfering to defeat Hillary who Putin deeply feared 

This makes less sense with every passing year and yet you keep clinging to it. Wouldn’t it have just been easier for Hilary to get her tired ass to Wisconsin?

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This makes less sense with every passing year and yet you keep clinging to it. Wouldn’t it have just been easier for Hilary to get her tired ass to Wisconsin?

Which part makes no sense? The Trump Towers (truth) 

Russia interfered in our election (Truth) 

who was to win in 2016, V.I. Lenin or the reptilian Hillary?

image.png.14fd56c598ab922477b5bccc829b21b9.png

Those who are really convinced that they have made progress in science would not demand freedom for the new views to continue side by side with the old, but the substitution of the new views for the old.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

who was to win in 2016, V.I. Lenin or the reptilian Hillary?

image.png.14fd56c598ab922477b5bccc829b21b9.png

Those who are really convinced that they have made progress in science would not demand freedom for the new views to continue side by side with the old, but the substitution of the new views for the old.

But even if reptilian Hiliary lost, there is still the Reptoid Deep State

• Haha (+1) 2

i hear this is the design for the new Mt. Rushmore after Trump leaves office

image.png.b4e94a220e213786955028fee871b89b.png

i'm trying to grow me that Engels beard, after 3 months it will be wiser to settle for something a bit more substantive than the Lenin

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

i hear this is the design for the new Mt. Rushmore after Trump leaves office

image.png.b4e94a220e213786955028fee871b89b.png

i'm trying to grow me that Engels beard, after 3 months it will be wiser to settle for something a bit more substantive than the Lenin

Kurt Russell laughs at Engels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1