Trump and Russia

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again, have you really bought into the lie that Russia won the election for Donald Trump? Really? Just because Russia may have wanted him elected (and I'm not saying that they did) doesn't mean they had any impact on the election at all. Since this is part of football chat room maybe you'll understand it put this way: Just because as a Bills fan you may want the Patriots to lose doesn't mean you have any impact at all on the games when they do.  And yes, Donald Trump is a more accomplished adult than I'm guessing you'll ever be. You may not like his style, or his candor, but he's accomplished more in his 70+ years on this earth than I'm guessing you have while sitting in your parent's basement.

Or...maybe Hillary should've gotten her lazy butt to Wisconsin! Don't blame Russia because you're candidate lost. I never blamed Russia when Romney didn't fight hard enough...or McCain either.

You avoiding the question I asked with this stuff above says a lot. 

I knew you would not answer. 

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You avoiding the question I asked with this stuff above says a lot. 

I knew you would not answer. 

We’ve all lost track of your questions. Which is mostly due to the fact that like House Democrats, you simply refuse to accept the answers. Smile. Don’t worry. Be happy. While you’ve been busy setting your hair on fire the rest of us have been enjoying a great time of peace of prosperity.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How about you? Is it ok for the Russians to help Trump again? Hey, since you guys say it didnt matter anyway, right? 

Yeah I’m cool with it. If for no other reason it’s been fun watching the likes of you freak out. I would love another 4 year extension of it. 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How about you? Is it ok for the Russians to help Trump again? Hey, since you guys say it didnt matter anyway, right? 

Yes, it's OK for Russia to help anyone they want, as long as they aren't breaking the law to do it. Are you so naïve that you don't think the US Government play favorites in other country's elections. Of course we do. I think you're missing the point of what Russia was doing in 2016. They weren't trying to help anyone. They were trying to stir the pot and create discord in America.  What better way to do that than to back the underdog? And you and your friends on the Left have taken the bait and swallowed it whole for over two years now.  Way to go Tibs!  You're been completely PLAYED by your old buddy Putin.  Their laughing at you every night when they turn on CNN.

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah I’m cool with it. If for no other reason it’s been fun watching the likes of you freak out. I would love another 4 year extension of it. 

Thanks for showing your true colors. 

Trump Putin 2020! You should move to Russia you are openly a traitor 

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, it's OK for Russia to help anyone they want, as long as they aren't breaking the law to do it. Are you so naïve that you don't think the US Government play favorites in other country's elections. Of course we do. I think you're missing the point of what Russia was doing in 2016. They weren't trying to help anyone. They were trying to stir the pot and create discord in America.  What better way to do that than to back the underdog? And you and your friends on the Left have taken the bait and swallowed it whole for over two years now.  Way to go Tibs!  You're been completely PLAYED by your old buddy Putin.  Their laughing at you every night when they turn on CNN.

Russia did break the law. Try and get informed, please 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Russia did break the law. Try and get informed, please 

Which law? Please tell us specifically which law the Russians broke. I bet you can't do it.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

But this is what you responded to another poster above:

"Russia did break the law. Try and get informed, please"

Why don't you follow your own advice?

Mueller indicted them, that's what I said. 

You are saying Russia didn't do anything wrong. F you! 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gees, educate yourself! Mueller indicted the Russians 

You are aware that you can indite a ham sandwich, right? Mueller didn’t indite the Russian government. He indited a few random people loosely understood to be Russians. It was a photo op so his stellar committe could say they did something. And, once again there was no reported connection to Trump. Educate yourself!

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No no no. Putin/Trump. Then we can have Trump/Putin 2024 then Putin/Trump 2028. Glorious.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/10/2019 at 9:14 AM, Tiberius said:

No, they wanted Trump as President. They helped him win. 

So why? 

Foreign powers (not just Russia) always try to influence the elections of other countries, for a multitude of reasons.  What happened in 2016 was nothing new.

Maybe they believe one candidate's views are better for their own interests.  Maybe they find one candidate easier to negotiate with.

Assuming you are correct that Russia "wanted Trump as President" - there could be multiple reasons.  Maybe they figured his political inexperience would benefit them.  Maybe they knew his election would divide our country.  Maybe there was bad-blood between Putin and Clinton from her time as Secretary of State. 

In the end, does it really matter?

According to every investigation that went into Russian interference, there were no votes changed, no votes added and no votes subtracted.  There were no intrusions into polling places.  There was nothing done by Russia that stopped American citizens from going to the voting booth, picking the candidate of their choice, and that selection being properly counted.

When you break it down, all of this ridiculous uproar is about Facebook ads.  Some Russian hackers got into the computer server for the Democratic National Committee, distributed that information to Wikileaks and then put the dirt they found on Hillary Clinton onto Social Media. 

Now obviously hacking is a crime.  But Mueller's report states that attempts were also made to hack the Republic National Committee.  And the only part that actually "helped" Trump was the distribution of the DNC information, which is really no different than what every journalistic outlet does on a daily basis.  Whether CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews or Facebook is putting it out, every American has the ability to decipher on their own what information is true/false and how it influences their vote. 

By the way, the same time Russia was supposedly "helping Trump" by campaigning on Facebook - the American National Media was eagerly reporting details from the infamous Trump Dossier to the public.  And we now know this Dossier was compiled using (wait for it)... Russian intelligence.  Was this not an example of Russia helping Hillary Clinton, by distributing dirt on her opponent?  The only difference between the two situations is that:  a)  What the Russians stole and distributed from the DNC server was true, and b)  Clinton's campaign was actually involved in the Dossier.

• Like (+1) 3