Trump and Russia

44 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If what I'm hearing tonight from all sorts of places, a reckoning is coming soon. And they know they can't stop it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Canada has a great scandal going on at the moment with Trudeau facing a massive ethics investigation, and his AG thrown under the bus this week by him

influence peddling at its best

stay tuned, election later this year as well

Company is SNC Lavalin

It's complicated...

Montreal hospital construction, the usual graft, funding back and forth with Qaddaffi, execs going to jail for fraud, biggest corporate graft fraud in Canadian history

over 50 lobbying efforts with Trudeau's cabinet members even after convictions of execs, dismissal of his AG/Minister of Justice when the heat started up

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Canada has a great scandal going on at the moment with Trudeau facing a massive ethics investigation, and his AG thrown under the bus this week by him

influence peddling at its best

stay tuned, election later this year as well

Company is SNC Lavalin

Trudeau facing a massive ethics investigation, and you just know he got us this morning thinking "Is it too early to wear a chartreuse scarf with white capris?"

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Trudeau facing a massive ethics investigation, and you just know he got us this morning thinking "Is it too early to wear a chartreuse scarf with white capris?"

he handled a groping charge by saying that if he had known the woman was from a large publication then he wouldn't have done it.

he's totally clueless, over his head on anything possible, the perfect PM to ride along in the wake of Trump's MAGA success

so i don't really mind him...

our NDP-left party (big enough to roar in most provinces and nationally) makes AOC seem like Solon and Churchill and Reagan combined

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@WhitewalkerInPhilly comes back to crow about the wall (and still gets his facts wrong), will he come into any of the Russia threads to own up to being wrong, for two plus years, or nah?

Of course not and as soon as the idiots and retards butthurt about the wall B word about it's cost the easiest question: 

You're upset about $5b for a real thing which can help the country in a wall being built to protect the rights of humans but you're okay with how much we have wasted on the Russia hoax that has and will yield not one desired or sought opportunity?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

@WhitewalkerInPhilly comes back to crow about the wall (and still gets his facts wrong), will he come into any of the Russia threads to own up to being wrong, for two plus years, or nah?

I'm sorry, what? You came out of left field here, so I had to take some time to sort out how many ways your crazy ass is wrong.

A) I'm not sure what facts you have a dispute about the Wall. Maybe if you actually, you know, indicate what precisely I am wrong about and have legit evidence to back it up, that would be different. But you never do. All you do is gloss over the independently sourced facts and hard data, call it "feelz" and then go on with zero evidence of your own.

B) It's an ongoing investigation still. Meuller is still methodically going through his research and questioning. Just because a Republican lead Senate slapped a bow on doesn't mean an independent counsel will.

C) Even if the end result doesn't provide enough evidence to convict Trump himself for collusion, you're really going to tell me that his longtime advisor, campaign manager and son all were involved with Russians providing intelligence on his opponent and he knew absolutely nothing? At the very best, he's been exposed for surrounding himself with frauds and crooks.

D) Even if he didn't, at this point, there's a very solid chance Mueller has the man nailed 5 ways to Sunday on Obstruction of Justice.

Here's a handy chart of all of the changes in the story: https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/politics/trump-team-russia-then-now/index.html

So...I'll own up to being wrong when I actually am.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

So...I'll own up to being wrong when I actually am.

Maybe you missed it: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-has-uncovered-no-direct-evidence-conspiracy-between-trump-campaign-n970536

Senate and House found nothing. As I said they would for two years despite you claiming Trump was days away from being locked up and forced out of the White House for being a Putin spy. You're wrong.

You've been wrong since day one.

People on here tried to help you see through the fog of war you're suffering under, but you refused to listen.

Now you're so dug in that you're own principles are being undermined but you don't care because your FEELZ promised you that Trump was a dirty Putin spy and reason won't come back into your TDS addled brain until you come to terms with the fact you've been lied to. For two plus years, you've been lied to and programmed. 

I'd respect you much more if you were ever capable of being honest. But you refuse to be - as noted by the rest of your spin above.

• Like (+1) 1

Now that Russia conspiracy is on its last legs, it is mildly amusing to watch the key players throw each other under the bus

Autopsy of a Dead Coup

The illegal effort to destroy the 2016 Trump campaign by Hillary Clinton campaign’s use of funds to create, disseminate among court media, and then salt among high Obama administration officials, a fabricated, opposition smear dossier failed.

So has the second special prosecutor phase of the coup to abort the Trump presidency failed. There are many elements to what in time likely will become recognized as the greatest scandal in American political history, marking the first occasion in which U.S. government bureaucrats sought to overturn an election and to remove a sitting U.S. president.

No palace coup can take place without the perception of popular anger at a president.

The deep state is by nature cowardly. It does not move unless it feels it can disguise its subterranean efforts or that, if revealed, those efforts will be seen as popular and necessary—as expressed in tell-all book titles such as fired FBI Directors James Comey’s Higher Loyalty or in disgraced Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe’s psychodramatic The Threat.

In candidate and President Trump’s case that prepping of the battlefield translated into a coordinated effort among the media, political progressives and celebrities to so demonize Trump that his imminent removal likely would appear a relief to the people. Anything was justified that led to that end.

All through the 2016 campaign and during the first two years of the Trump presidency the media’s treatment, according to liberal adjudicators of press coverage, ran about 90 percent negative toward Trump—a landmark bias that continues today.

Journalists themselves consulted with the Clinton campaign to coordinate attacks. From the Wikileaks trove, journalistic grandees such as John Harwood, Mark Leibovich, Dana Milbank, and Glenn Thrush often communicated (and even post factum were unapologetic about doing so) with John Podesta’s staff to construct various anti-Trump themes and have the Clinton campaign review or even audit them in advance.

Some contract “journalists” apparently were paid directly by Fusion GPS—created by former reporters Glen Simpson of the Wall Street Journal and Susan Schmidt of the Washington Post—to spread lurid stories from the dossier. Others more refined like Christiane Amanpour and James Rutenberg had argued for a new journalistic ethos that partisan coverage was certainly justified in the age of Trump, given his assumed existential threat to The Truth. Or as Rutenberg put it in 2016: “If you view a Trump presidency as something that’s potentially dangerous, then your reporting is going to reflect that. You would move closer than you’ve ever been to being oppositional. That’s uncomfortable and uncharted territory for every mainstream, non-opinion journalist I’ve ever known, and by normal standards, untenable. But the question that everyone is grappling with is: Do normal standards apply? And if they don’t, what should take their place?”

I suppose Rutenberg never considered that half the country might have considered the Hillary Clinton presidency “potentially dangerous,” and yet did not expect the evening news, in 90 percent of its coverage, to reflect such suspicions.

The Democratic National Committee’s appendages often helped to massage CNN news coverage—such as Donna Brazile’s primary debate tip-off to the Clinton campaign or CNN’s consultation with the DNC about forming talking points for a scheduled Trump interview.

So-called “bombshell,” “watershed,” “turning-point,” and “walls closing in” fake news aired in 24-hour news bulletin cycles. The media went from fabrications about Trump’s supposed removal of the bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office, to the mythologies in the Steele dossier, to lies about the Trump Tower meeting, to assurances that Michael Cohen would testify to Trump’s suborning perjury, and on and on.

CNN soon proved that it is no longer a news organization at all—as reporters like Gloria Borger, Chris Cuomo, Eric Lichtblau, Manu Raju, Brian Rokus, Jake Tapper, Jeff Zeleny, and teams such as Jim Sciutto, Carl Bernstein, and Marshall Cohen as well as Thomas Frank, and Lex Harris all trafficked in false rumors and unproven gossip detrimental to Trump, while hosts and guest hosts such as Reza Aslan, the late Anthony Bourdain, and Anderson Cooper stooped to obscenity and grossness to attack Trump.

Much more at the link: https://amgreatness.com/2019/02/17/autopsy-of-a-dead-coup/#.XGrHljsLtuM.twitter

• Like (+1) 1