Trump and Russia

8 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Off topic, but, I just have to laugh: it is now a matter of public record that a Naval Academy graduate, or squid, is an idiot. That's delicious for those of us associated with the Army.

Look it's never mean-spirited, that's the thing nobody seems to get. The Navy and the Army go back and forth busting balls, when its appropriate, but also, often when it doesn't seem so to those who aren't part of it. Example: joking(read: insulting, by those who don't belong) with a Navy guy whose mother just died, reminds him he belongs...to a very large group of people from both services, who care about him, and that all he has to do is ask any/all of us and he will get what he needs. 

That's why we don't take it personally, and all barbs require thought and creativity. Nobody says "You Navy guys suck" :rolleyes: 

This "Carter Page is an idiot on public record" thing is right on target. The Navy has no comeback for this, and many a squid will be skewered. :lol:   

PS: Nobody cares about the Air Farce, and we never will, no matter how hard you try to pretend you're part of our thing, you're not. You know why: because you're training isn't as hard as ours, and your mission keeps 98% of you far away from danger.

The chair force.

:lol:

4 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Off topic, but, I just have to laugh: it is now a matter of public record that a Naval Academy graduate, or squid, is an idiot.

I want to see you call a Marine Officer a "squid."  

I'll even start a GoFundMe for the dental reconstruction work you'll need afterwards.

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I want to see you call a Marine Officer a "squid."  

I'll even start a GoFundMe for the dental reconstruction work you'll need afterwards.

How about breaking his hands instead so he can't type?

9 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

As a Vietnam veteran (Viet Kong army - 7 yrs) and a mother of 8 children, even I make fun of the air Force

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

They were beasts.

Gave new meaning to Gorilla warfare

• Haha (+1) 3

SPYGATE - the Elevator Pitch

Dd9_gerU8AIs-JX.png

Writers have to pitch their work often. Putting a proper pitch together can be a torturous, soul crushing process, forcing you to distill a larger, vastly more nuanced and complex story down into one that’s much shorter – yet equally as compelling and entertaining. As torturous as the process can be, when done right it forces the writer to understand the story on a deeper level.

That was one of the goals of this exercise. I wished to not only understand this vastly complex story on a deeper level, I also wanted to come up with an “elevator pitch” of the scandal that can be shared with others without causing their eyes to glaze over.

So, I spent a bit of time revising my pitch for #SpyGate. An entertaining summary of the entire scandal, told in less than 700 words.

Related image

Insane you say? Well, after doing it… I agree. But it’s done already so I’m sharing it.

So here we go, my elevator pitch for SpyGate told in under 700 words. I call it: Spooky Politics.

Every pitch begins with establishing the status quo of our world before the story begins:

Dd-DxSCV4AAPiNp.jpg

Dd-Dt1FVQAAMZc3.jpg

Then, a complication arises which forces a change in the status quo and kick starts the action of our narrative:

Dd-Eth8UQAAo8pr.jpg

Dd-EckDVwAI7NkJ.jpg

One important aspect of any good story is properly motivating your characters. Rogers' actions in April of 2016 are key to understanding the motivation for everything that came next in the SpyGate saga - it's crucial context that's been overlooked by most journalists and helps clarify the entire scandal:

Dd-FkSLV4AA-ffw.jpg

Now properly motivated, the Conspirators get to work solving the problems Rogers' made for their illicit operation:

Dd-F_ymU0AEOGBc.jpg

Every great story has a turn in the mid point of Act II, SpyGate is no exception:

Dd-HKKyUwAAqmd3.jpg

Dd-HLw2VwAAi51R.jpg

Which leads us directly into our Act II climax, where it appears all hope for the Republic is lost... Until:

Dd-HqWGU0AI2A2R.jpg

The big twist ending, the one the Conspirators and audience never saw coming:

Dd-KHBpUQAAqUC1.jpg

Dd-Jj9bU0AA0MG0.jpg

The Denouement, where our narrative is resolved and unanswered questions get answered:

Dd-KuU2VQAAosuj.jpg

Dd-KwEnVMAA3IUE.jpg

There you have it. Spygate, the most explosive and wide reaching political scandal in our nation's history boiled down to an elevator pitch. It's got spies, honeypots, high crimes and sedition, and a twist ending no one saw coming. 

Who wouldn't want to read that book? 

Image result for happy reading a book mr bean

Here is the full pitch, in an easier to share form:

Dd-MToHU8AEEggh.jpg

Dd-MVm8VMAEKyWv.jpg

I'm working on a much more thorough, yet still succinct, summary of the ins and outs of this scandal. That will be posted as soon as it's done and will provide sources, evidence, and more about the key players and the various phases of the operation. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... It happened in 2014 and Obama did nothing. 

Yes, but Obama didn't know* the Russians shot it down.  Since we now know, it's Trump's fault.

And if dumbass had read the article instead of just the headline...

The question of whether members of the 53rd Brigade were actively involved in the downing of the plane remains under investigation, he said.

A Russian missile...but not necessarily a Russian-operated missile.  So we still don't know, despite what dumbass posted.

*and yes, I'm aware that's actually "the media never reported it," not "Obama didn't know."  Dumbass doesn't know the difference though, so...

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2018 at 3:43 AM, OCinBuffalo said:

PS: Nobody cares about the Air Farce, and we never will, no matter how hard you try to pretend you're part of our thing, you're not. You know why: because you're training isn't as hard as ours, and your mission keeps 98% of you far away from danger.

So Army training is hard? LOL

Army is only for people not tough enough to make it in the Marines.

Squids is a whole other matter.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

So Army training is hard? LOL

Army is only for people not tough enough to make it in the Marines.

Squids is a whole other matter.

Squids have the best pilots in the world.

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

SPYGATE - the Elevator Pitch

Dd9_gerU8AIs-JX.png

Writers have to pitch their work often. Putting a proper pitch together can be a torturous, soul crushing process, forcing you to distill a larger, vastly more nuanced and complex story down into one that’s much shorter – yet equally as compelling and entertaining. As torturous as the process can be, when done right it forces the writer to understand the story on a deeper level.

That was one of the goals of this exercise. I wished to not only understand this vastly complex story on a deeper level, I also wanted to come up with an “elevator pitch” of the scandal that can be shared with others without causing their eyes to glaze over.

So, I spent a bit of time revising my pitch for #SpyGate. An entertaining summary of the entire scandal, told in less than 700 words.

Related image

Insane you say? Well, after doing it… I agree. But it’s done already so I’m sharing it.

Hide contents

So here we go, my elevator pitch for SpyGate told in under 700 words. I call it: Spooky Politics.

Every pitch begins with establishing the status quo of our world before the story begins:

Dd-DxSCV4AAPiNp.jpg

Dd-Dt1FVQAAMZc3.jpg

Then, a complication arises which forces a change in the status quo and kick starts the action of our narrative:

Dd-Eth8UQAAo8pr.jpg

Dd-EckDVwAI7NkJ.jpg

One important aspect of any good story is properly motivating your characters. Rogers' actions in April of 2016 are key to understanding the motivation for everything that came next in the SpyGate saga - it's crucial context that's been overlooked by most journalists and helps clarify the entire scandal:

Dd-FkSLV4AA-ffw.jpg

Now properly motivated, the Conspirators get to work solving the problems Rogers' made for their illicit operation:

Dd-F_ymU0AEOGBc.jpg

Every great story has a turn in the mid point of Act II, SpyGate is no exception:

Dd-HKKyUwAAqmd3.jpg

Dd-HLw2VwAAi51R.jpg

Which leads us directly into our Act II climax, where it appears all hope for the Republic is lost... Until:

Dd-HqWGU0AI2A2R.jpg

The big twist ending, the one the Conspirators and audience never saw coming:

Dd-KHBpUQAAqUC1.jpg

Dd-Jj9bU0AA0MG0.jpg

The Denouement, where our narrative is resolved and unanswered questions get answered:

Dd-KuU2VQAAosuj.jpg

Dd-KwEnVMAA3IUE.jpg

There you have it. Spygate, the most explosive and wide reaching political scandal in our nation's history boiled down to an elevator pitch. It's got spies, honeypots, high crimes and sedition, and a twist ending no one saw coming. 

Who wouldn't want to read that book? 

Image result for happy reading a book mr bean

Here is the full pitch, in an easier to share form:

Dd-MToHU8AEEggh.jpg

Dd-MVm8VMAEKyWv.jpg

I'm working on a much more thorough, yet still succinct, summary of the ins and outs of this scandal. That will be posted as soon as it's done and will provide sources, evidence, and more about the key players and the various phases of the operation. 

I liked the pictures the most.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Squids have the best pilots in the world.

I forgot.  We're you army or marine?  I know you served.  It forgot.