Trump and Russia

Sorry if this was posted, I can't keep up lately!!

Senate Judiciary Letter to Rosenstein last Thursday.

During an all-Senators briefing on May 18, 2017, you were asked by Senator Collins and Judiciary Committee staff whether you had delegated the Attorney General’s FISA approval authority to Special Counsel Mueller. Have you delegated FISA approval authority to the Special Counsel? If so, on what date, and was the delegation done in writing? If it was in writing, please provide a copy to the Committee.

If only we had an honest media interested in reporting the truth.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Halper. 

Has anyone said whether this informant (whomever it is) was put in before or after the Papadapoulos/Australian meeting?

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sorry if this was posted, I can't keep up lately!!

Senate Judiciary Letter to Rosenstein last Thursday.

During an all-Senators briefing on May 18, 2017, you were asked by Senator Collins and Judiciary Committee staff whether you had delegated the Attorney General’s FISA approval authority to Special Counsel Mueller. Have you delegated FISA approval authority to the Special Counsel? If so, on what date, and was the delegation done in writing? If it was in writing, please provide a copy to the Committee.

If only we had an honest media interested in reporting the truth.

Why didn't  Rosenstein answer the question at the meeting when he was asked by Collins?  That was a year ago!

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Has anyone said whether this informant (whomever it is) was put in before or after the Papadapoulos/Australian meeting?

Why didn't  Rosenstein answer the question at the meeting when he was asked by Collins?  That was a year ago!

The first question you ask is central to the whole narrative and what the FBI and DOJ have been dodging. The answer is it was before both. Halper paid papa to come meet him in London before downer. He also paid to meet with Page a few weeks later. He also knows downer and had a professional relationship with him. Coincidence? 

Halper is key. It exposes both ICs in us and Britain, and shows Brennan and McCabe were working this angle from April - months before they admit the investigation started and... Not coincidentally ... Immediately after they lost access to the raw 702 data which Rogers shut off. 

The second question you ask can go either way. Eithe mueller is doing what I think he's doing, in which case they delayed answering because they were still hunting palace coup plotters - or, there is some next level shady stuff going down. 

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

probably just created a new account

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Let's see...

John Adams

Ben Franklin

Anybody see George Washington or Thomas Jefferson lurking around the board? :unsure:

Real News reminds me a lot of Ben/GaryB. 

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The first question you ask is central to the whole narrative and what the FBI and DOJ have been dodging. The answer is it was before both. Halper paid papa to come meet him in London before downer. He also paid to meet with Page a few weeks later. He also knows downer and had a professional relationship with him. Coincidence? 

Halper is key. It exposes both ICs in us and Britain, and shows Brennan and McCabe were working this angle from April - months before they admit the investigation started and... Not coincidentally ... Immediately after they lost access to the raw 702 data which Rogers shut off. 

The second question you ask can go either way. Eithe mueller is doing what I think he's doing, in which case they delayed answering because they were still hunting palace coup plotters - or, there is some next level shady stuff going down. 

Real News reminds me a lot of Ben/GaryB. 

One other consideration that we haven't really traced out at all is that the CIA/FBI/etc., had dirt on Trump from way back in his past regarding building his Real estate empire around the world. They might just have thought WTF? THIS a-hole? He's dirty as **** and we know it. We've got to take measures to ensure he doesn't become POTUS. Could be why they've been on his azz like stink on **** since waaaaaay before the campaign was in full swing. 

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage! Gay marriage!

Calling John Adams/Ben Franklin.

Like Pasta Fajoey's Bat Signal, "Hillary Clinton!" :lol:

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

One other consideration that we haven't really traced out at all is that the CIA/FBI/etc., had dirt on Trump from way back in his past regarding building his Real estate empire around the world. They might just have thought WTF? THIS a-hole? He's dirty as **** and we know it. We've got to take measures to ensure he doesn't become POTUS. Could be why they've been on his azz like stink on **** since waaaaaay before the campaign was in full swing. 

Like Pasta Fajoey's Bat Signal, "Hillary Clinton!" :lol:

Yep. I try not to mention her by name just because of that.

50 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I think that will be one of the ways it's defended, now that they're admitting to spying... wait, no, they say it wasn't spying on Trump it was protecting him... no, wait, now they say congressional oversight of the FBI/DOJ should never be allowed (to expose the corruption). It's hard to keep track of where we are with the spin as the cognitive dissonance explodes in people's heads after a year+ of being lied to incessantly by people they should have known better than to trust. 

So I think it's possible - but here would be my first question/retort to test its validity (and this isn't directed at you, just speaking generally to those who would/will raise this possibility): if they had so much dirt on Trump from his real-estate days, why did they need to engineer the dossier to pad their intel-product for the FISA court? Let's not forget, we learned this week they had National Security Letter surveillance on Trump (directly) for two months before the FISA warrant. That gave them incredible reach and scope in terms of where and what they could dig into... and yet even with that lead up, even with that unfettered access, they still needed to falsify evidence and use IC cut-outs from both sides of the pond to entrap and flip undercover informants? Why would all illegality and risk be necessary if CIA/FBI had evidence that pre-dated any of the Russian stuff that he was crooked. Hell, they could have just kept it a Criminal Investigation at that point, rather than a CI investigation, had it been the case. 

That would need to be answered before I could get on that train. It also though leads into why/how MI would have "selected" Trump (per my theory) to run in 2014/2015. MI would have all the same dirt as the civilian IC would, they'd know the skeletons and secrets and weaknesses that could be exploited or exposed. I think part of the reason why they chose him was because - despite the assumptions of the man and people in his line of work, he was more or less clean (of criminality, not bad business deals/extra marital affairs etc). I would think if what I'm theorizing is right, the MI assets would have had to vet him to the extreme so they could anticipate/counter what was coming. 

Just off the cuff thinking...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think that will be one of the ways it's defended, now that they're admitting to spying... wait, no, they say it wasn't spying on Trump it was protecting him... no, wait, now they say congressional oversight of the FBI/DOJ should never be allowed (to expose the corruption). It's hard to keep track of where we are with the spin as the cognitive dissonance explodes in people's heads after a year+ of being lied to incessantly by people they should have known better than to trust. 

So I think it's possible - but here would be my first question/retort to test its validity (and this isn't directed at you, just speaking generally to those who would/will raise this possibility): if they had so much dirt on Trump from his real-estate days, why did they need to engineer the dossier to pad their intel-product for the FISA court? Let's not forget, we learned this week they had National Security Letter surveillance on Trump (directly) for two months before the FISA warrant. That gave them incredible reach and scope in terms of where and what they could dig into... and yet even with that lead up, even with that unfettered access, they still needed to falsify evidence and use IC cut-outs from both sides of the pond to entrap and flip undercover informants? Why would all illegality and risk be necessary if CIA/FBI had evidence that pre-dated any of the Russian stuff that he was crooked. Hell, they could have just kept it a Criminal Investigation at that point, rather than a CI investigation, had it been the case. 

That would need to be answered before I could get on that train. It also though leads into why/how MI would have "selected" Trump (per my theory) to run in 2014/2015. MI would have all the same dirt as the civilian IC would, they'd know the skeletons and secrets and weaknesses that could be exploited or exposed. I think part of the reason why they chose him was because - despite the assumptions of the man and people in his line of work, he was more or less clean (of criminality, not bad business deals/extra marital affairs etc). I would think if what I'm theorizing is right, the MI assets would have had to vet him to the extreme so they could anticipate/counter what was coming. 

Just off the cuff thinking...

The timeline gets away from me the longer this goes on, but the earlier it can be shown that some elements of the prior administration was gathering dirt on Trump the more outrageous this becomes.  They can't wash it away by saying they were legitimately investigating him in response to a Russian tampering threat that they didn't yet know about.  Also, if it want as far back as the Republican primaries, then who the hell else were they into? ...And if they only focused on Trump, then why -- when everyone thought his run was going nowhere?

Or on the other hand, this could turn out to only be new news because we are finding out about it.  It could very well be that sitting administrations spying on top candidates is common practice going back through every Presidential election in the recent past.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey... look at that. We here on our little tiny corner of the internet were several weeks in front of the story (again). 

On 5/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/about-that-fbi-source-1525992611

Now we're moving from speculation about plants inside to the campaign, to confirmation... so who are the most likely suspects? Here's my list: 

1. Dr. Stefan Halpner

Dctno1gWsAAjnxH.jpg

-Covered in depth in the Hakluyt post. Ticks all of the boxes of what we know of the "spy". He wasn't a campaign member, but he met with all the "controversial" members including: Flynn, Papadapoulos, Page, and Manafort -  and he has been interviewed by Mueller's team. 

- Brennan went to London and met with (redacted) before he began pushing the dossier. It's likely he met with Hakluyt, and possible it was through them that Halpner became a cut-out for the operation.

- If it's Halpner (and make no mistake, he played a role in this), that ties in MI6, Hakluyt, Russia, the FBI CID and CIA all working together to rig our election. Think about the ramifications of this revelation, this is bigger than any of the allegations of Trump/Russia collusion. This is active collusion with two government intelligence services...

On 5/9/2018 at 4:31 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Long post incoming... 

TOPIC: What is HAKLUYT and how do they factor in to the Russian Collusion Narrative? 

Reveal hidden contents

What follows is a combination of my own research and that of several active and former intelligence officers from both the US and the UK. It's an excerpt from a larger piece, and I think it shines a light under some rocks that have yet to be overturned and examined by many. This might be too in the weeds for some, but it's really crucial to understand. If nothing else, this examination shows just how small the intelligence and political circles are on both sides of the pond, and how they can be weaponized to do political damage.

Over the course of the past year we have seen various data points and timelines shift after "breaking news" forced admissions by both the DOJ and Trump's team. Perhaps the most important, and contentious, of these data points is exactly when the FBI Counter-Intelligence Division began its investigation into the possible collusion of Trump's campaign and Russian intelligence services. We were first told by the FBI-CID that their investigation began with Carter Page in October of '16, and was so secretive they did not inform Congress for fear of it leaking. Months later, after the HPSCI began questioning Andrew McCabe and others inside the FBI, the DOJ changed their story. The investigation really began in June 2016 after former Australian minister Alexander Downer had a conversation with Trump campaign member George Papadopoulos. 

Much of the focus since that time has been on when the investigation started, rather than into how the meeting between Downer and Papadopoulos came together. I have devoted numerous posts to that issue because it's important and reveals the true motive for the FISA abuses uncovered months later. I have long contended that the FBI-CID investigation into Trump began as a result of various bad actors inside the CID needing to cover their asses after Admiral Mike Rogers shut down the 702 about query loop hole in April of 2016. This still holds true today. But when I started examining the origin of the Downer/Papadopoulos meeting, and Downer's connections to the intelligence community, something unexpected jumped out, begging for more digging.

That something was a private British intelligence firm called HAKLUYT and the role it played in the Steele Dossier and the FBI-CID investigation into Trump's campaign. Keep in mind the situation in June of 2016 before we dive in fully. The FBI-CID had been caught by Admiral Rogers abusing the 702 about query system (they were allowing contractors to access NSA data on American citizens without a warrant or oversight since at least 2015 prior to Rogers' action), and now they needed to justify to the FISC why they needed FISA warrants and surveillance on Trump team members. They needed probable cause and time was of the essence. 

Enter Glenn Simpson and Fusion GPS. Simpson's firm was hired just days after Admiral Rogers shut off the program, in June of 2016. Just days before Papadopoulos and Downer had their chat in the Kensington Wine Rooms. The topic of that conversation was Cypriot Joseph Mifsud (the "professor") and Hillary's missing emails. According to McCabe, it was this conversation - a conversation Downer initiated himself - that launched the FBI-CID's investigation into Trump Russian Collusion. Of course, even the New York Times concedes that Downer may have been fishing for dirt all along: 

DctjXwiXkAEklzl.jpg

DctjVGfX0AA0RTj.jpg

DctjZkxXkAAzeWQ.jpg

Who is Alexander Downer?

DctjTMbX4AETGRU.jpg

·       Hakluyt Advisory Board member ’08-’14, shareholder and still attending corporate meetings as recently as late 2015

·       Secured $25m for Clinton Foundation while serving as Australian Foreign Minister from 1996-2007

·       UN Envoy to Misfud’s native Cyprus ’08-14

DctjnlVXUAUKohu.jpg

Dctj3XoXcAIuMBV.jpg

Dctj8sPWkAETG_s.jpg

Dctk50KWsAIkvWv.jpg

Starting in late April, again right after Admiral Rogers shut down the 702 spigot, there was an uptick in these sorts of conversations. Conversations initiated by outsiders reaching out to Trump campaign members and specifically looking to gossip about Russia and/or Hillary’s emails. And as was the case with Downer, who has direct ties and loyalties to the Clintons, many of these "outsiders" trying to initiate conversations had ties to a company called Hakluyt. A company that also has deep Clinton ties.

Who, or what, is Hakluyt?

Dctk_18X0AE8-LL.jpg

·       A private corporate spy/intel firm

·       Founded in 1995 by ex-MI6 officers

·       Set up with the blessing of the then head of MI6

·       Clients world wide

·       Very secretive and small, only 72 staff

·       HQ in very expensive part of London, US offices in NYC

The name Hakluyt is derived from British writer and explorer Richard Hakluyt (1553-1616), who promoted the colonization of North American and published detailed cartographical maps of “NOVS ORBIS” (Latin for New World). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hakluyt

When Christopher Steele left MI6 and set up his own private intel firm – the same firm Fusion GPS contracted to dig up opposition research on Trump in June of 2016 – he named it ORBIS Business Intelligence Ltd.

DctlHSBW0AI8N87.jpg

This is either a huge coincidence or he too was similarly influenced by Hakluyt.

The real life inspiration for James Bond was one of Hakluyt’s three original founders, Fitzroy Maclean.

DctlQHHWkAU8Bcn.jpg

The other two founders were Christopher James and Mike Reynolds. Both were longtime undercover senior MI6 officers and well connected in the political and spying world.

Christopher James

DctlTEFW0AAp4M_.jpg

·       MI6 1975-1998 (ran MI6 “business liaison”)

·       Founder and ran Hakluyt from 1998-2006

·       One of James’ first clinets was Mach Mclarty – former WH chief of staff to “oldest friend” Bill Clinton and childhood friend of Hillary’s.

DctlWAcWAAAeutn.jpg

DctlY2hW0AAkrPD.jpg

Mike Reynolds

DctlfHOX4AAqrVP.jpg

·       Set up MI6’s counter-terrorism branch

·       MI6 head of station in Berlin

·       Founder and director at Hakluyt from 1998-2004

·       Apparently a “close friend” of Sir Richard Dearlove – former head of MI6 and former boss of Chris Steele. Dearlove vouched publicly for Steele’s credibility during the dossier hoopla

Hakluyt’s links to British intel extend beyond MI6. The day after Trump announced his candidacy in June of ’15, Hakluyt created a mutual firm: Hakluyt Cyber Ltd. The two initial hires to the board were GCHQ veterans, including the former director.

Dctl2fxX4AEb2Zm.jpg

Dctl4Q-WkAY1S3i.jpg

Hakluyt also has contacts high up in the British government. In recent years high level staff have been seen dining with Sir Jeremy Heywood (Cabinet Secretary, the top civil servant) and meeting with the then National Security Advisor Kim Darroch.

DctmAPqX0AAWWNW.jpg

As we can see, Hakluyt is well connected to British intelligence and the political establishment. But there's even similarities when compared to Fusion GPS:

1.       Their formation and the secrecy revolving around it.

2.       Produced intel in a similar way to Steele’s dossier for former clients.

3.       Possible corrupt ties to various media outlets.

4.       The boost in money they received during the ’16 election.

An early Hakluyt director, and member of the media for eight years, Michael Maclay said in 2001:

DctmI-iW4AE0oH-.jpg

In 2000, founder Mike Reynolds and Hakluyt were paid to dig up dirt against a client’s corporate rivals. One of them were based in the Czech Republic. Hakluyt produced a document of bullet points with grave allegations including corruption and murder. http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2002/B2.html

DctmMSHWAAAjwqD.jpg

DctmMSYWAAESUN7.jpg

DctmMR-XcAcQjbI.jpg

To add authenticity – just like Steele did for his own dossier 16 years later – the allegations were filtered through a UK ambassador (to Prague). But in a twist, the target sued Hakluyt’s client for defamation in the high court.

Nobody showed to defend the claim, so the judge presumed them to be untrue.

DctmV-XWAAEVIZa.jpg

What about Hakluyt’s ties to journalists?

·       Targeted journalists as sources (paying them)

·       Recruited journalists onto the payroll

·       A Hakluyt leader even impersonated a journalist and spread fake stories.

Hakluyt tried to recruit Australian health journalist Melissa Sweet in 2008. The recruiter even admitted in an email that many other journalists were already acting as confidential (and possibly paid) go-betweens for Hakluyt. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eyP4debCrDIJ:https://www.crikey.com.au/2008/07/31/turning-journalists-into-spooks/

DctmiYjW0AATEpG.jpg

DctmkETW0AAfzlW.jpg

As well as Maclay, Hakluyt recruited Mark Huband, a hard left wing security/intel correspondent for the Financial Times (and the Guardian) and had him on staff from 2005-2008.

https://www.intelligenceonline.com/business-intelligence-and-lobbying/2006/07/07/from-the-financial-times-to-hakluyt,20693001-bre

Huband later set up his own Hakluyt style firm: http://www.markhuband.com/mark-huband-professional-life/

Keith Craig was Hakluyt’s CEO from 2002-2016. Craig’s an ex MI6 undercover officer who in 1994 posed as a journalist in Bosnia, writing fake stories under a fake name in the UK’s prestigious and longest running magazine The Spectator.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2000/jun/12/pressandpublishing.mondaymediasection

DctmpASW4AAi6Y8.jpg

Dctmq-MW4AAK1S1.jpg

DctnPv2W4AIP_fG.jpg

That gives us a brief overview of Hakluyt's leadership and their connections to the world of politics, intelligence, and media. It's striking how similar in creation, and execution Hakluyt and Fusion GPS are, and how easily it would be for them to work together - with Steele - on oppo research.

But Downer is not the only Hakluyt linked person who reached out to team Trump, there was also Dr. Stefan Halper.

Dr. Stefan Halper

Dctno1gWsAAjnxH.jpg

·       Cambridge Fellow

·       Set up “Cambridge Intelligence Forum” with Sir Richard Dearlove – but quit due to “Russian influence” https://www.ft.com/content/d43cd586-c396-11e6-9bca-2b93a6856354

·       CIA Father in Law (Ray Kline)

·       Various roles at White House and the DOJ

·       Loudly supported Hillary in 2016 https://sputniknews.com/politics/201611031047032702-clinton-us-uk-cooperation/

Dctns1XXkAA4A8B.jpg

DctnwbkX0AA1jUa.jpg

DctnzPmWAAA2ORI.jpg

Like Downer, Halper initiated a London meeting with Papadopoulos, picking up his flight and hotel expenses, meeting at the up-market Connaught and paying him $3k for a never published energy paper. Halper was first to mention Clinton Emails: http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/25/george-papadopoulos-london-emails/

DctoExDXcAoQy3b.jpg

DctolZ0W4AE7TDZ.jpg

Halper also has strong ties to Hakluyt:

·       Co-wrote a book (America Alone) with Jonathan Clarke, a Hakluyt Director of US operations

·       Used other Hakluyt directors as book sources, including Sir Robin Renwick

·       Shared academic panel with Downer http://talks.cam.ac.uk/talk/index/26739

DctvxsWW4AAi71j.jpg

DctvyucX0AAt_oH.jpg

Dctv1DnXUAEsewO.jpg

Why did Halper pick the Connaught Hotel to try and establish a client/financial relationship with Papadopoulos?

Well, it’s only a five minute walk from Hakluyt’s HQ.

Dctwn4jX0AA-AOP.jpg

DctwpsGXUAAwJrj.jpg

It’s literally around the corner.

DctwrI9WsAAiaFi.jpg

Must be a coincidence!

Hapler didn’t stop at Papadopoulos. He also invited Carter Page to a seminar in London in July of ’16, which Page attended.

Who else was there? Oh, only Sir Richard Dearlove, Steele’s MI6 boss.

Nothing to see here!

Dctwxo8WAAAG9o9.jpg

DctwzObXkAAvwCM.jpg

Sir Robin Renwick, a source for Halper’s book, was also a long time director at Hakluyt and was replaced by Downer in 2008. That’s how pervasive these connections are and how small this intel world is.

Renwick is also connected to Dearlove and Joseph Mifsud!

Sir Robin Renwick

Dctw38yXkAAzUXL.jpg

·       UK Ambassador to South Africa 1987-1991

·       UK Ambassador to USA 1991-1995 (Sir Richard Dearlove was head of DC station at the same time, based in the same building)

·       Hakluyt Advisory Board Director and Banker 2000-2008

·       Lord for Kensington, London until 2018

While Renwick was a UK ambassador to South Africa, an undercover MI6 officer, Charles Crawford, worked in his embassy. Crawford now teaches at the London Academy of Diplomacy (LAD) with Joseph Mifsud – the "professor" who Papadopoulos told Downer had offered him Clinton’s emails.

Dctw8VNXkAAmJYb.jpg

Dctw94MX0AI_9in.jpg

Dctw-20WkAAZttM.jpg

Crawford, a visiting professor at LAD, has given seminars called “Dealing with the Media” alongside Mifsud and Gianni Pittella. http://archive.li/V8AAy

Pittella, a socialist European politician, spoke at the 2016 DNC convention, calling Trump a virus. https://archive.is/4jyO1#selection-1701.0-1701.127

DctxCO5WkAAlo7w.jpg

DctxDjyX4AAcm9u.jpg

DctxE9FW0AAriwY.jpg

DctxGRJXUAAujQm.jpg

Crawford can also speak Russian, and may have been posted to Moscow during Steele’s final year there in 1993. Does Crawford personally know Steele? Because he definitely knows and works with Mifsud. But I’m sure that’s just another coincidence.

DctxIggW0AEXtss.jpg

DctxJokXUAA88De.jpg

To quote a federal judge, COME ON, MAN!

All of these people know each other, they all initiate conversations with Trump’s team and they all have long standing links to both the US and British IC as well as politicians on both sides of the pond? Is the intel/political/media world really that small that it's just happenstance?

Or was there coordination? 

Almost all the conversations happened within a few square kilometers of each other in a small part of London. What are the chances of these "unconnected" people all wanting to initiate conversations about the same topic - Russia and Clinton emails - with Carter Page and George Papadopoulos all in the same place? I say slim to none and none just walked out the door...

None of this proves anything nefarious about Hakluyt on its own of course. But when you have this many coincidences, all at the same time and all are huge blows to one campaign, it raises suspicions. 

Then there’s the money of it all...

DctxMgKWkAAYlEO.jpg

How did anyone found out Hillary and the DNC were paying Fusion GPS? Through bank records. Well, when you dig into Hakluyt, there are about ten million reasons to take a closer look. During the height of the presidential campaign, starting the very same time Admiral Rogers shut down the 702 spigot, at the very same time that Perkins Coie hired Fusion GPS, Hakluyt had a huge spike in income - and there's reason to think its origins are US based.

According to financial statements filed in London, Hakluyt’s controlling company had a massive 22% (10m) increase in revenue during key periods of the campaign (June 16-17, 46-56m pounds). This compares to just 3.1% the year before. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03481321/filing-history

DctxP1AWkAUY-GU.jpg

DctxRB-W0AUgwJn.jpg

The filings also imply significant inflows from the USA. There is a unique increase in revenue due to currency translation. Given the EU Brexit vote of June 16 resulted in a large fall in the pound/dollar exchange rate, this suggests US clients were likely paying millions of dollars to Hakluyt beginning in the crucial month of June ’16.

Ain't that a coincidence? 

DctxT1jW4AAhMIE.jpg

DctxT1gWkAAGoKR.jpg

Anyone else curious to learn more? 

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/19/the-fbi-informant-who-monitored-the-trump-campaign-stefan-halper-oversaw-a-cia-spying-operation-in-the-1980-presidential-election/

Funny how that keeps happening... must be lucky.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

The timeline gets away from me the longer this goes on, but the earlier it can be shown that some elements of the prior administration was gathering dirt on Trump the more outrageous this becomes.  They can't wash it away by saying they were legitimately investigating him in response to a Russian tampering threat that they didn't yet know about.  Also, if it want as far back as the Republican primaries, then who the hell else were they into? ...And if they only focused on Trump, then why -- when everyone thought his run was going nowhere?

Or on the other hand, this could turn out to only be new news because we are finding out about it.  It could very well be that sitting administrations spying on top candidates is common practice going back through every Presidential election in the recent past.

You're circling now where (I think) this is going. We're going to learn what Rogers learned in April of 2016 - that the previous administration (as well as other former administrations) had been abusing the surveillance tools to spy on political opposition. Not just opposing candidates, but opposing political voices in the media and private sectors. We caught glimpses of this monster of a scandal during the IRS stuff, during the CIA torture stuff where Brennan was spying on Congress, during the Iran deal negotiations... this is going to shatter a lot of minds. 

The timeline now, which has been revised again as of yesterday by the FBI, is the FBI inserted an "informant" (not a spy, because this is 1984) into the Trump campaign as early as June. First it was the dossier which sparked it, which didn't reach the FBI until September (by official records), then it was Papadapolous's meeting with Downer in late July, now they've shifted it back to June. 

And it'll move again. With headlines like the ones today in the NYT and WaPo hoping to fool those who have been desperately clinging to the narrative they've had shoved down their throats by a compliant (and in many cases active participants in) MSM and Congresscritters. Like this one, which is designed to look like a bombshell new story (it's neither): 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/19/us/politics/trump-jr-saudi-uae-nader-prince-zamel.html

Look at what Warner has the balls to say now. That Congress should not have oversight over the DOJ and FBI: 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/05/18/senator-mark-warner-doj-fbi-must-not-accept-congressional-oversight/

Why is he saying that now? Because he knows he's about to be exposed as being a part of the largest political scandal in US history. He's literally trying to hide, and trying to change the rules in order to do so. These people are shameless. They've been lying to people for over a year now - and it's all coming out. 

The thing is, I don't hear ANY voices on the left in these threads calling these people out for lying. Calling them out for their illegal acts which - make no mistake, were an attempted coup. Why is that? I know there are plenty of lefties on here with principles.... now's the time to speak up. Now's the time to realize this has NEVER been about Trump. It's always been about elements of the USIC and government deciding that we the people do not get to have a say in the process of choosing our leaders. That's !@#$ing dangerous as hell, and yet... crickets. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

^^^^ I will add that the main difference this time is the continuous undermining of a duly elected President to this day.  That's the new and most disturbing and disappointing part of the whole bag of ****.   You could always presume that high stakes politics is a very dirty game.  But at the same time, you should be able to presume that the winners were left mostly un-disturbed by the losers. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hey... look at that. We here on our little tiny corner of the internet were several weeks in front of the story (again). 

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/19/the-fbi-informant-who-monitored-the-trump-campaign-stefan-halper-oversaw-a-cia-spying-operation-in-the-1980-presidential-election/

Funny how that keeps happening... must be lucky.

You're circling now where (I think) this is going. We're going to learn what Rogers learned in April of 2016 - that the previous administration (as well as other former administrations) had been abusing the surveillance tools to spy on political opposition. Not just opposing candidates, but opposing political voices in the media and private sectors. We caught glimpses of this monster of a scandal during the IRS stuff, during the CIA torture stuff where Brennan was spying on Congress, during the Iran deal negotiations... this is going to shatter a lot of minds. 

The timeline now, which has been revised again as of yesterday by the FBI, is the FBI inserted an "informant" (not a spy, because this is 1984) into the Trump campaign as early as June. First it was the dossier which sparked it, which didn't reach the FBI until September (by official records), then it was Papadapolous's meeting with Downer in late July, now they've shifted it back to June. 

And it'll move again. With headlines like the ones today in the NYT and WaPo hoping to fool those who have been desperately clinging to the narrative they've had shoved down their throats by a compliant (and in many cases active participants in) MSM and Congresscritters. Like this one, which is designed to look like a bombshell new story (it's neither): 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/19/us/politics/trump-jr-saudi-uae-nader-prince-zamel.html

Look at what Warner has the balls to say now. That Congress should not have oversight over the DOJ and FBI: 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/05/18/senator-mark-warner-doj-fbi-must-not-accept-congressional-oversight/

Why is he saying that now? Because he knows he's about to be exposed as being a part of the largest political scandal in US history. He's literally trying to hide, and trying to change the rules in order to do so. These people are shameless. They've been lying to people for over a year now - and it's all coming out. 

The thing is, I don't hear ANY voices on the left in these threads calling these people out for lying. Calling them out for their illegal acts which - make no mistake, were an attempted coup. Why is that? I know there are plenty of lefties on here with principles.... now's the time to speak up. Now's the time to realize this has NEVER been about Trump. It's always been about elements of the USIC and government deciding that we the people do not get to have a say in the process of choosing our leaders. That's !@#$ing dangerous as hell, and yet... crickets. 

Because the left is the side of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Because the left is the side of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

I think you mean the center. The left is the group taking on the DNC/DCCC.

T.H.E. E.N.D. spells the end.

H.A.L.P.E.R. Spells Game Up for Obama´s Spies
American Thinker, by Clarice Feldman

Original Article

Last week I reported that Internet sleuths had winkled out the name of the spy/agent provocateur that Obama's intelligence officers had used on the Trump campaign. The New York Times and Washington Post, the Democrats' semi-official newspapers this week megaphoned the instigators, offering up their justifications without naming his name. 

Again, the name is Stefan Halper, who, as I wrote here last week, was paid a substantial sum by the Department of Defense's Office of Net Assessment. 

If it was for this work – and it suspiciously looks like it because the payments were made in July and September of 2016 when he was weaseling his way into the campaign – then we know we have the DNI, CIA, DOJ, FBI, Dept. of State and the Defense Department working for Hillary's election and to smear and create a basis for further spying on Trump and his campaign. 

The NYT and Washington Post stories were clearly dictated by the perpetrators of this unprecedented effort to interfere with our elections. A careful reading shows that they leaked just enough about Halper to positively identify him while the press refuses to name him because the selective leakers warned, "that exposing him could endanger him or his contacts." If you buy that nonsense, please send me your name and contact information because I have a great investment deal for you.  Nevertheless, in trying to justify what was done, the papers revealed more of how Halper worked to entrap low-level campaign workers, perhaps to pad up a nonexistent predicate for the spying which had already occurred and which continued, even after the election when Deputy Attorney General renewed the fatally flawed FISA warrant. 

In the selective leak to the press the officials who claim neither we nor Congress are entitled to this information we, nevertheless, learn this about his work:

{snip}  (long read)

Wretchard tweets something impossible to deny: "The biggest problem with politically weaponizing intelligence agencies is it CREATES a pathway for the foreign takeover of the system. If once a hostile power takes over the WH, it obtains the power to remain indefinitely."

We now have an imaginary crime – collusion – with imaginary evidence and even imaginary defendants. What is not imaginary is the selfish effort to destroy our polity by several handfuls of men and women who abused their positions of trust for intended partisan gain that failed. Give them the hook already.

• Like (+1) 3