Trump and Russia

23 minutes ago, GG said:

Facts aren't your strong suit, are they?   Why do you ignore that Russians first act was to help Bernie?

Facts don't matter when they don't fit the narrative or approved talking points. Besides, what difference, at this point, does it make?

Anyone who disagrees is a racist/misogynist/Nazi jerk who likes beating kittens to death with puppies.

17 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I am not ignoring that they may have helped Bernie before settling on Trump. 

What's the point, aside from a 'yeah but whatabout'?

Because it blows up the entire Trump collusion narrative and raises hell of a lot more questions about why Obama admin sat on the info. 

Not that hard

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Because it blows up the entire Trump collusion narrative and raises hell of a lot more questions about why Obama admin sat on the info. 

Not that hard

Explain to me why it blows up the collusion narrative, if you would.  Recall RR said, 'no collusion in THIS INDICTMENT'.  The investigation continues with the Don Jr meeting still in play as the facet where collusion still may have taken place, imo.

These indictments demonstrate pretty clearly, according to RR that in the period immediately prior to the 2016 election, the Russians attempted to influence in favor of Mr Trump, right?  After the election they played both sides against each other but before they sided with Trump over Clinton.

So many posters here keep chanting 'no evidence of collusion' but c'mon, that should stop now.  Certainly there is insufficient proof shown but there are undeniable indications now that the Russians wanted to aid Mr Trump and indications from Trump Tower, that Trump's people were willing to hear out the Russians offer.  That is most definitely not all of the pieces but it is two key pieces

39 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Explain to me why it blows up the collusion narrative, if you would.  Recall RR said, 'no collusion in THIS INDICTMENT'.  The investigation continues with the Don Jr meeting still in play as the facet where collusion still may have taken place, imo.

These indictments demonstrate pretty clearly, according to RR that in the period immediately prior to the 2016 election, the Russians attempted to influence in favor of Mr Trump, right?  After the election they played both sides against each other but before they sided with Trump over Clinton.

So many posters here keep chanting 'no evidence of collusion' but c'mon, that should stop now.  Certainly there is insufficient proof shown but there are undeniable indications now that the Russians wanted to aid Mr Trump and indications from Trump Tower, that Trump's people were willing to hear out the Russians offer.  That is most definitely not all of the pieces but it is two key pieces

That Trump Tower meeting was set up by the Russians. They claimed that they had dirt on HRC and of course Don Jr. and others wanted that dirt. Anybody running against her would want it too. The Russians really wanted to talk about the Magnitsky Act and Russian adoptions. The meeting didn't last very long. Don Jr., once he found out what they were really trying to do, ended the meeting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/russian-adoptions-magnitsky-act/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin in an encounter not initially disclosed on the sidelines of an international summit this month. One of the topics, according to Trump? Russian adoptions.

Top Trump campaign officials, including Donald Trump Jr., held a meeting in June 2016 with Soviet-born figures at Trump Tower that was kept secret for more than a year. When news first broke, what did Trump Jr. say was the main topic? Russian adoptions.
So why are adoptions of Russian children by US parents, which are currently banned, such a hot topic of conversation for Russian officials and representatives?

The issue actually gets to the heart of US-Russia relations, and its seemingly straightforward appearance masks a long history of punishing sanctions and retaliation between the two nations.
Russia banned adoptions by US parents in 2012, a swift retaliatory action for a US law known as the Magnitsky Act that sanctioned Russian officials and nationals for human rights abuses.

This is as sad as when the Leafs GM aggressively went after a dumb rumour about him on a chat board, which nobody believed anyways

he held a press conference telling “Poonerman” that he was going to be held to this false post.

anyone with Mueller under the age of 60 who can groove with the reality of internet people?

So, what's the story 33, are you one of these agents of Russia sowing discord on this PPP message board?  As you know, I have mentioned this before but did not really get your response.

I began to wonder because so many of your posts seem very divisive.  Not as in holding a strong opinion in a discussion, but sort of drive-by divisive, like to stir up the discussion. 

You also speak of and defend Russia more than anyone else I have seen here, seem to have a strong European knowledge, and use some less familiar vocabulary.  I know some here have claimed you are Canadian and you may live in Canada, but that alone, if true, would not invalidate the question.  Did you emigrate to Canada recently?

You don't post like most Canadians, not to mention the supposed Russian language posts you exchange with 3rd.  Now those seem like BS and 3rd doesn't appear smart enough to be recruited as an agent but you, you.......not so sure about you 33. 

To other posters, just be aware of the possibilities.  Even if I am in left field about 33, there could be divisive forces on here.  Lord knows discussions around here devolve quickly into insult contests.

Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

3rd, I know that is the administration story but there have been problems with apparent lies and backpedaling, right?  At this point I cannot say I can take Don Jr at his word given the way the story has evolved.

As I recall when Don Jr. was first asked about that meeting he mentioned it was about adoptions. He was derided at the time. Then it came out the pretense for the meeting was the Trump campaign receiving dirt on HRC. You guys with TDS are making much more of this than it needs. Go read the entire CNN story at my link.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

So, what's the story 33, are you one of these agents of Russia sowing discord on this PPP message board?  As you know, I have mentioned this before but did not really get your response.

I began to wonder because so many of your posts seem very divisive.  Not as in holding a strong opinion in a discussion, but sort of drive-by divisive, like to stir up the discussion. 

You also speak of and defend Russia more than anyone else I have seen here, seem to have a strong European knowledge, and use some less familiar vocabulary.  I know some here have claimed you are Canadian and you may live in Canada, but that alone, if true, would not invalidate the question.  Did you emigrate to Canada recently?

You don't post like most Canadians, not to mention the supposed Russian language posts you exchange with 3rd.  Now those seem like BS and 3rd doesn't appear smart enough to be recruited as an agent but you, you.......not so sure about you 33. 

To other posters, just be aware of the possibilities.  Even if I am in left field about 33, there could be divisive forces on here.  Lord knows discussions around here devolve quickly into insult contests.

Any thoughts?

Yes im sure the FSB is trolling the politics sub board of a privately owned board devoted to a third rate football team lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

What's the term for a person who keeps clinging to a narrative, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What's the term for a person who keeps clinging to a narrative, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

I don't want to take up a lot of your time.  The Sabres game starts in 10 minutes after all.

Could you just tick off or point me to some of this overwhelming contrary evidence? 

22 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Any thoughts?

If you really think this message board is anywhere close to be important enough to be manipulated by the " divisive " forces out there, you are definitely in left field.....that notion is beyond ridiculous.....

Facebook and twitter reaches millions and millions of individuals.....TBD, not so much....

31 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Any thoughts?

Many Canadians hold to irony like humans hold to oxygen.

british culture and expats have been influential in personal and leisure life, I deeply look forward to a book signing and small lecture by Martin Amis in town next week. 

As well Middle Europe and Russia have provided immense cultural influence through music studies and art appreciation and philosophy and all those great Russian novels of the 19th century

More of a Dostoyevsky fan than a Tolstoy, if I may be that bold....

Have cheered mightily for the Bills and Leafs and Jays since the 1970s. Some small pockets of glory but mainly a diet of mediocrity for most of the 120 seasons or so that this has enrailed, helps to be ironic.

Just catching up with the end of the postmodern world, so great for my mindset, probably will never get to be post-postmodern though 

Edited by row_33