The NFL Gets Into Politics - Do You Care?

IDBillzFan

Which is, y'know, sort of the point of me creating this thread. I'm curious if the NFL spending its time directly involved in voicing political preferences is something that would drive fans away.

:lol: noted.

It is an interesting topic in some regards. It may be stereotypical, but I think the demographic that would be outraged by this stance would have a hard time "quitting" football. On the other hand, the LGBT community may be identified as an area of potential growth by the league and this could be a calculated move. Who knows, but like PTR said, every move that the league makes is with an eye on the bottom line.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: noted.

It is an interesting topic in some regards. It may be stereotypical, but I think the demographic that would be outraged by this stance would have a hard time "quitting" football. On the other hand, the LGBT community may be identified as an area of potential growth by the league and this could be a calculated move. Who knows, but like PTR said, every move that the league makes is with an eye on the bottom line.

If Goodell believes that the LGBT community may be an area of growth for the NFL, he has bigger problems than taking a stance on cross-dressing men peeing the girls' bathroom.

Everyone knows there's only one sport where the LGBT community is considered an area for growth: NASCAR!

The entire entertainment industry, including professional sports, has become a propaganda tool. My wife loves movies so I go with her. Left to my own I wouldn't because I see mind control, propaganda bs in virtually every flick. Gone are the days of corrupt free cinema. I think that ended in the 80s. I see a day in the not to distant future when I become totally indifferent to the NFL. ****ty product combined with a perennially crappy Bill's team makes it even more likely. The NFL becoming a arm of the SJW's is almost the final nail for me. Entertainment people are pretty stupid. Why would you ever take a chance on alienating half your potential customer base?

It happens about as often as we have people with penises complaining they identify as a woman and are upset they have to use the men's room.

BOTH are ridiculously stupid things that not only do not happen that often, they don't demand legislation one way or another any more than they demand a professional sport to stand in judgement of it. And the latter is where I am trying to draw the line.

In other words, why is the only argument on this subject from the NFL that transgenders should do what they want, and if you don't like, you (state of Texas) will pay the consequences? Why not just make a third bathroom stall? Why is THAT not an option? Why is the NFL NOT insisting that every stadium designate bathrooms that are transgender specific? Wouldn't that be the most logical way to address the issue for everyone instead of only taking a position that requires you to do nothing but take a position?

But no. That would be too difficult. A simple threat from the NFL will suffice, thank you.

Exactly, both sides look stupid on these type of issues imo. It's sensationalism at his best. We live in a world that is very good at creating something out of nothing. I feel like the mass media sensationalizes stories like this to divert people from worrying about real issues that actually impact all of our day to day lives. The NFL is problem doing so for similar reasons. Any publicity is good publicity. As far as the question of whether or not I care? I don't care what the NFL wants either way. The only part of your argument that doesn't work is the third bathroom idea. That isn't what they want, and that would only create a greater stir. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Hammer uses individual porta potties and that is best solution for those who prefer not to share bathroom with those of different sex.

But what are people really sharing? The sink? A stall is a stall. Sure it is more open than a porta... But equally as close. What is the hang up with the "washroom" and gender sign on the door?

Take the stalls and just make them rooms like a porta provides?

Now, mens room with communal urinals, another story... But I bet most men don't mind a chick who identifies as a guy in the washroom room. I wanna see them hit the urinal! :lol::lol: Speak of the devil:

meanwhile-at-target-2513214.png

Every time someone brings up the "our wives and daughters will be exposed to creeps masquerading as women" argument as justification for supporting these discriminatory laws I shake my head, because the statistics simply don't support that this is a significant issue whatsoever. Bad people will be bad people, regardless of any law that tells them what bathroom they're allowed to use.

I have no problem with the NFL or any organization taking a stand against discrimination.

You think citizens of NC didn't have a problem with HB2? This state's electorate voted for Trump and STILL ousted the republican governor who pushed the law through.

vast majority of the state supports the law. Polls showing otherwise are bias and take in only the nuts of rdu, Asheville and Charlotte. North Carolina has been a mess of a state politically. 250 yrs and only about 35 by a Republican gov and not much more for congress.

Mccrory was outted because of immense political contributions and huge dollars to try to keep this state blue. It won't be blue for a long time. This state is a lot more than Durham. I go there enough and piss on the folks there who are in their own bubble.

To believe that NC doesn't support hb2 is a lie. And proof of that is that it's still on the books and now just as much a political game that coopers dumbass has to tangle with. He won't survive it. Hopefully Forrest overtakes his worthless arse in 2020

@LABillz -- the only laws being passed are the discriminatory ones...it's not a bad thing to protest those laws. And I'm pretty sure the whole point to the transgendered population is that they should not be considered a "third" type of person.

do you really want me, my past and all, in the locker room with your family?

Cmon. Its not discrimination. Mecklenburg discriminatwd by enforcing private buainess to go against their beliefs.

Edited by Boyst62

So, alternately, if a majority of the NFL's customers don't want transgenders/transexuals in the stadium bathrooms with their sons and daughters, the NFL is okay to ban the practice?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to better understand.

I don't even necessarily think it has to be a majority of their customers, I think the NFL has a right to do what it thinks is the best thing to do for their product when it's something that could influence their customer experience.

Whether I think it's smart for them to do it or I agree/disagree with their position is a separate matter to me - but I don't have an issue with them doing it.

For me, on this specific issue, I have an opinion but I care very little about it.

I think its hilarious. Who here would really not mind me in the bathroom with their daughtee/mother?

Use a stall to relieve yourself, and I really don't care which rest room you use. Don't forget to wash your hands. :w00t:

This gives me the right and the other guy a right. And the guy who decided today he wanted to watch someone else who identifies as a poly ambiguous nectarine tree to be there too. There are enough issues with mental health in this country and this is something we need to take more seriously.

No one wins when gender politics are played.

The NFL needs to stay out of it.

Hint; I'm not a nice guy

the NFL need nothing more than say "we follow the rules of our host teams" because, ya know. Let this fly in mexico,for example.

Not only that, I doubt that many trannies care about football.

Really? Why would a transgender person not like football?

I love my state so much sans Roy Cooper for the stand we are taking on state rights even while the hypocritical NCA, NBA and others weigh in. Our state continues to surge in business and our filming of major films continues as usual.

he has. Oddly, Syracuse is still playing here. And, no one here cares anymore about others. We moved on. And spending our money to those who want it

I have a nephew who is becoming my niece. I do not understand this, so I cannot really comment. I did tell him he was an average looking guy but is an ugly woman. He laughed and was just happy that one person in the family is not ignoring him.

The NFL and politicians should stay out of it. If you look like a guy, use the Men's room, If you look like a girl, use the Ladies room. If you look like a circus freak, I do not have any advice for you.

PS: I have nothing whatsoever against trannies. In my career I have dealt with hundreds of them. If anything, I have compassion for them. That said, I don't really think that the world owes it to them to cater to their whims/cravings.

Bingo

You can piss in a Porta Potty next to your friends.

You can't piss outside, in front of your friends.

You can go inside the stadium and piss in front of your friends mom.

It would be common courtesy to let your friend's Mom use the urinal first, so you are not pissing in front of her.

It feels like everyone is just over-protective of the women-folk.

How about we just label one room "girls," and the other room "everyone else."

Because the transgenders don't want to go in anything, but the ones called girls, I believe.

I have a nephew who is becoming my niece. I do not understand this, so I cannot really comment. I did tell him he was an average looking guy but is an ugly woman. He laughed and was just happy that one person in the family is not ignoring him.

The NFL and politicians should stay out of it. If you look like a guy, use the Men's room, If you look like a girl, use the Ladies room. If you look like a circus freak, I do not have any advice for you.

Bingo

It would be common courtesy to let your friend's Mom use the urinal first, so you are not pissing in front of her.

I do not think many young people are buying the sports entertainment past time like they once did and this is a reasons trannies are not flocking to the NFL. I don't see the same support for teams by youth as I did a decade ago. I remember when Vick was yuge and every kid was all about him. And before that elway, Marino, emmitt smith and so many others. The kids now don't buy in to the sports like they used to. There are far too many other social factors competing for their entertainment. And as far as those whom are transgendering I don't think, by enlarge, they're looking at the sports world as an interest. Not when it is so typically patriarchal and fraternal. Not when there is such a mentality against homophobia in the cultures that create the popular athletic sports.

When we see a shaq O'Neal, Russell Wilson or matt Ryan become a woman. Or when we see a Danica Patrick, Dominique Dawes or tom Brady become a man. That's when we know the transgendered movement is mainstream. But its less than 1/2% of this worlds population at best. And we have far greater populations to focus on. Those in this country who can't read above 5th grade level - 21%. Americans disabled. 19%. Americans who like figuring skating - 8%.

Yes they will, everyone has a price tag. If the league really followed through with pulling Super Bowl games out of the state they might change their tune. Money always trumps principals.

Be careful of that over reach. What you said MAY not apply to some religious fanatics. You know, the one's willing to die for their fanaticism.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois