The NFL Gets Into Politics - Do You Care?

IDBillzFan

First, I would like this thread to stay here for as long as possible because PPP does not reach to the broader Bills football fan, and pretty much all BIlls fans come here to weigh in on "Hot for Teacher" threads.

Let's avoid the typical PPP arguing and discuss this like football fans.

The NFL has decided it does not like a proposal by Texas to ban transgenders/transexuals from using whatever bathroom they damn well please.

Story here.

We saw this unfold in NC, but now the league itself has jumped in, stating that the NFL is all inclusive, and such a ban would be considered a reason to take future events away from the state.

Look. I watch the NFL because it allows me to escape the stupidity of politics. Kaepernick was messy enough, until everyone was reminded that he is a crappy quarterback, but this move by the the league itself is disheartening to me because now it means the topic will make it into the broadcasts, and everyone will be picketing at games and calling each other names and, well, I'm not up for that again. I'd rather watch something with less drama...like WWE.

How about you? Do you care? Yes or no?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I would like this thread to stay here for as long as possible because PPP does not reach to the broader Bills football fan, and pretty much all BIlls fans come here to weigh in on "Hot for Teacher" threads.

Let's avoid the typical PPP arguing and discuss this like football fans.

The NFL has decided it does not like a proposal by Texas to ban transgenders/transexuals from using whatever bathroom they damn well please.

Story here.

We saw this unfold in NC, but now the league itself has jumped in, stating that the NFL is all inclusive, and such a ban would be considered a reason to take future events away from the state.

Look. I watch the NFL because it allows me to escape the stupidity of politics. Kaepernick was messy enough, until everyone was reminded that he is a crappy quarterback, but this move by the the league itself is disheartening to me because now it means the topic will make it into the broadcasts, and everyone will be picketing at games and calling each other names and, well, I'm not up for that again. I'd rather watch something with less drama...like WWE.

How about you? Do you care? Yes or no?

The NFL's history of bungling controversy makes me cringe for how this will play out.

How about a statement, "The NFL respects the laws of the federal and the state governments as the extensions of the will of the people. We do not condone any specific policy by hosting events in certain states."

Boom. Story over.

But of course, they'll screw up trying to please 100% of the people instead of settling for 99% and knowing that the 1% of lunatics will find something else to scream about in 2 days.

You can be assured that any stand the NFL takes is connected to their bottom line.

Yes, I agree but any person or entity is capable of making a mistake. The people who decide this are more educated than me but I think they are making a mistake.

And to the OP, yes, I do care but not to a very large extent.

I am hoping/planning on moving to NC. Gov. Cuomo wants to or did cut off business from NYS to NC. He is, imo of course, a complete a-hole. He is taking a stand for and against who? For men who want to wear a dress and go in a women's bathroom, and against mothers and fathers who could do without their daughters exposed to pervs and psychotics?

PS: I have nothing whatsoever against trannies. In my career I have dealt with hundreds of them. If anything, I have compassion for them. That said, I don't really think that the world owes it to them to cater to their whims/cravings.

I think its hilarious. Who here would really not mind me in the bathroom with their daughtee/mother?

This gives me the right and the other guy a right. And the guy who decided today he wanted to watch someone else who identifies as a poly ambiguous nectarine tree to be there too. There are enough issues with mental health in this country and this is something we need to take more seriously.

No one wins when gender politics are played.

The NFL needs to stay out of it.

Hint; I'm not a nice guy

You can be assured that any stand the NFL takes is connected to their bottom line.

the NFL need nothing more than say "we follow the rules of our host teams" because, ya know. Let this fly in mexico,for example.

Not only that, I doubt that many trannies care about football. I love my state so much sans Roy Cooper for the stand we are taking on state rights even while the hypocritical NCA, NBA and others weigh in. Our state continues to surge in business and our filming of major films continues as usual.

Yes, I agree but any person or entity is capable of making a mistake. The people who decide this are more educated than me but I think they are making a mistake.

And to the OP, yes, I do care but not to a very large extent.

I am hoping/planning on moving to NC. Gov. Cuomo wants to or did cut off business from NYS to NC. He is, imo of course, a complete a-hole. He is taking a stand for and against who? For men who want to wear a dress and go in a women's bathroom, and against mothers and fathers who could do without their daughters exposed to pervs and psychotics?

PS: I have nothing whatsoever against trannies. In my career I have dealt with hundreds of them. If anything, I have compassion for them. That said, I don't really think that the world owes it to them to cater to their whims/cravings.

he has. Oddly, Syracuse is still playing here. And, no one here cares anymore about others. We moved on. And spending our money to those who want it

I have zero issues with the NFL taking a stand on something that impacts their customer experience.

So, alternately, if a majority of the NFL's customers don't want transgenders/transexuals in the stadium bathrooms with their sons and daughters, the NFL is okay to ban the practice?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to better understand.

Generally speaking, I agree with this. But I don't see where there is money in this particular topic, quite honestly. According to a an Adweek/Harris poll, approximately 6% of the population goes to stadiums to watch football games. Transgender accounts for less than .5% of the entire US population. Over 2 million attend stadiums. Meaning, statistically, about 100,000 are transgender. Where could the money possibly come from with those kinds of numbers?

Generally speaking, I agree with this. But I don't see where there is money in this particular topic, quite honestly. According to a an Adweek/Harris poll, approximately 6% of the population goes to stadiums to watch football games. Transgender accounts for less than .5% of the entire US population. Over 2 million attend stadiums. Meaning, statistically, about 100,000 are transgender. Where could the money possibly come from with those kinds of numbers?

I think the "money" here is in the avoidance of bad press

So, alternately, if a majority of the NFL's customers don't want transgenders/transexuals in the stadium bathrooms with their sons and daughters, the NFL is okay to ban the practice?

do you think the nfl has any reason to decipher which laws are applicable to their practice vs. which laws are not?

At this point I could care less I won't take my kid to a game anyway.

how much less could you care?

i watched an amazing documentary on transgenderdness. even if reports are .5% as they said on the show it is likely that less than half of that % does not openly desire nor truly feel as if a lifestyle change to their life is worthy.

I think the "money" here is in the avoidance of bad press

Also known as fear of a shakedown.

The problem with taking a political stance on any issue is that sooner or later, it can be used to coerce a stance on every issue. They won't even be able to keep up with their "beliefs". The only core at the center of the NFL is putting football on the field to make money. If that stops, so does everything else. There are 32 owners and getting them all to agree on football issues is tough enough. Pretending that they speak with one voice on all political topics is just plain silly.