Verizon Unlimited Data is back

boyst

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-unlimited-data-on-the-network-you-deserve-verizon-300405990.html

also

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-unlimited-data-network-you-deserve-verizon

seems way too good to be true. I had to make sure it wasn't april 1st.

NEW YORK, Feb. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Unlimited data on the Verizon network has arrived. Beginning Monday, Verizon is offering an introductory plan that gives you unlimited data on your smartphone and tablet on the best 4G LTE network in the country. With Verizon Unlimited, you also get HD video streaming, Mobile Hotspot, calling and texting to Mexico and Canada and up to 500 MB/day of 4G LTE roaming in Mexico and Canada - included.

"We've built our network so we can manage all the activity customers undertake. Everything we've done is to provide the best experience on the best network – and we've built it for the future, not just for today," said Ronan Dunne, president of Verizon's wireless division. "We also fundamentally want you to have more choice. We're not limiting you to a single plan. If you don't need unlimited data, we still have 5 GB, S, M, and L Verizon plans that are perfect for you."

it says a hotspot will be included for 10g on LTE and after that goes to 3g

i pay $122/month to keep my verizon unlimited data - which i use from 25gig to 80gig a month. i can only use 450 miniutes talk - which i never go over.

Edited by Boyst62

I switched on the first day it was offered, great that my cycle date was that day! It is saying I should save around $25 a month... I hope so. (4 lines). I had 20GB before.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-unlimited-data-on-the-network-you-deserve-verizon-300405990.html

also

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-unlimited-data-network-you-deserve-verizon

seems way too good to be true. I had to make sure it wasn't april 1st.

it says a hotspot will be included for 10g on LTE and after that goes to 3g

i pay $122/month to keep my verizon unlimited data - which i use from 25gig to 80gig a month. i can only use 450 miniutes talk - which i never go over.

I think mine is quoting me $93/month. But then, ever since Verzion was Ameritech, they have been offering a 15% gov't employee/military etc... discount... This has to be going on over 20 years now. Heck, they were offering it when bag phones were standard!

Have I really been with them that long! :doh:

And anyway, I would rather be slowed down than get overage charges... Especially the way la familia uses data... They don't pay the bill. ;-) ;-)

The big societal question then becomes: How does a lib like me eventualy ween Millennials off the phone bill... Do I go full Richard mode (you know I can) LoL... If that is worst of my life's probs, I will gladly take it! ;-)

The big societal question then becomes: How does a lib like me eventualy ween Millennials off the phone bill... Do I go full Richard mode (you know I can) LoL... If that is worst of my life's probs, I will gladly take it! ;-)

Have them start paying for their line portion of your bill. Then as soon as they are out of the house, take them to the store to sign up for their own contract.

Myself and the GF have a shared 6GB plan, that we have only gone over once, so getting unlimited would help with not worrying about connecting to wifi to keep our use down. And the price would end up about the same as we're paying now.

On a side note, some people can get their phone upgraded when they switch to an unlimited plan...

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/switch-verizon-unlimited-and-get-hottest-phones-free

no its not. I have Verizon unlimited data and it is not throttled.

The contract says they can throttle it. A lot of news on this. Not hard to find information.

Don't be fooled.

Verizon already stated that they reserve the right to prioritize low data users ahead of "abusers."

Edited by unbillievable

The contract says they can throttle it. A lot of news on this. Not hard to find information.

Don't be fooled.

Verizon already stated that they reserve the right to prioritize low data users ahead of "abusers."

i don't have that contract. i was smart and got the unlimited data package in 2009. i have had it since without re-uppping it.

We get a 22% discount because of GE. Still pay $180 a month. Stopping in this week to see about lowering cost. Same with cable. 200 a month Then we have the cost of wifi in the truck and the radio. Have to start cutting back on cost for retirement.

And anyway, I would rather be slowed down than get overage charges... Especially the way la familia uses data... They don't pay the bill. ;-) ;-)

Get a land line and tell them it's unlimited local minutes.

Also, hook up only one phone in the kitchen, with a cord.

They'll either learn to share, kill each other, or get their own cell and contract. Win, win, win!

i don't have that contract. i was smart and got the unlimited data package in 2009. i have had it since without re-uppping it.

I had the unlimited contract from 2005. Verizon kicked me off it. How did you manage to keep yours?

Get a land line and tell them it's unlimited local minutes.

Also, hook up only one phone in the kitchen, with a cord.

They'll either learn to share, kill each other, or get their own cell and contract. Win, win, win!

I had the unlimited contract from 2005. Verizon kicked me off it. How did you manage to keep yours?

I. Got lucky. My brother has it too

What's that mean? Where is the fine text?

It means for someone that doesn't go over their current plan it may be better to keep what you have. I estimated before going in, based on articles and what I read on the Verizon website that it should have been around $125 plus taxes and fees. Not over $200 with just two lines.