I Need Reading Glasses

Tiberius

I can see like my 8 year old self again. It's magical.

Lasik really was a miracle for me. 20/750ish before surgery. 30 minutes later I had better than 20/20 in both eyes. My sight is better now than any time before surgery, but not as good as immediately after .

That's great!

Almost 17 years for me as well, but my vision is now starting to shift. (I'm 63) My uncorrected vision was 20/100, and corrected to 20/15

Go to a dollar store,and try different power lenses. Pay attention to the differences in each eye. Buy the appropriate power MATCHING frames for the left, and right eyes, and pop out, and reinstall the lenses that will give you a match for both eyes.

Repeat as nec...

The dollar store glasses are nearly the same quality as the frames you'll pay 18 bucks for @ Rite-Aid..

Later on I actually was at the a dollar store and sure enough they were about 1/3 of the price. As someone has said in this thread, they own a whole bunch of pairs, and I'll do the same because I know I'll lose them

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have multiple pairs of glasses. One pair for general use, one for computer work, one for reading. Moving my head is too much effort.

(Actually, I found that trifocals drastically impacted my reading speed, and gave me a stiff neck at the computer. Dedicated glasses are better in each case.)

Old nerd.

I'm 46. Up until 44, my eyesight was freakishly perfect. Once the decline started, it went downhill fast. Luckily, it's limited to reading.

Your mother was right.

Yes and often credit cards are not designed for those with low vision in mind. I have a card taped to monitor at home with large print when I need to enter credit card info.

I lost your address, can you send it my way again?

I went just about a year ago and got an eye exam done. The Dr said I'm not so bad as to need a prescription lens, but if I wanted one I could. Otherwise they suggested I just buy some readers, between the 125-175 levels. That's what I did for now.

I have reading glasses every few feet in my house, including the bathrooms.

Great idea! Bought a million pair of sunglasses for same reason, now it will be readers

What do you need to see so we'll in the bathroom? Admire your "work" in the bowl after a good BM?

:lol:

What do you need to see so we'll in the bathroom? Admire your "work" in the bowl after a good BM?

Do you not read while waiting for a deuce to drop? Where do you think I catch up on TBD? I'm on the throne while I writing this!

And I don't glasses to admire my work. That's what the ruler is for. :w00t:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Do you not read while waiting for a deuce to drop? Where do you think I catch up on TBD? I'm on the throne while I writing this!

And I don't glasses to admire my work. That's what the ruler is for. :w00t:

Ha! Okay, you make a good point. I usually snap a photo with my phone and send it to my wife. She loves that.