I Need Reading Glasses

Tiberius

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm just going to go try some on and pick a pair I think is right for me. If that doesn't work I'll go to the eye dr and get a proscription

That's all

Are they still reading glasses when you can't read? Aren't they more aptly called "coloring glasses" in your case?

Fight, fight, the dying of the light!!!

I am 54...no readers yet, but damn close to needing them. I am fine if enough light, menus in a dimly lit restaurant are killer!

I think the iphone just killed my eyesight. Reading off of it was a big mistake. Now its getting worse. 49 and now I have to do something

Are they still reading glasses when you can't read? Aren't they more aptly called "coloring glasses" in your case?

Me? I read big books son. Lots of big, scholarly books. Reading about Whitey Bulger now. Had nightmares about his murders, pretty brutal stuff.

Fight, fight, the dying of the light!!!

I am 54...no readers yet, but damn close to needing them. I am fine if enough light, menus in a dimly lit restaurant are killer!

I'm 46. Up until 44, my eyesight was freakishly perfect. Once the decline started, it went downhill fast. Luckily, it's limited to reading.

I had the Lasix almost 17 years ago i think it is now...all been good!

My wife and I are both going to have lasik done this summer. I had perfect vision until my late 20's (I turn 38 on Saturday), but my vision seems to have declined every year since then. I can read just fine without glasses, but I'm pretty much blind to anything 10 yards in front of me.

I figure the surgery will pay for itself considering all the cash I spend on glasses/contacts for the both of us. My buddy had it done in Albany last year, and he says it was really easy. In and out of the "OR" and you're home sleeping it off the same day after a Valium.

So I'm just going to go try some on and pick a pair I think is right for me. If that doesn't work I'll go to the eye dr and get a proscription

That's all

Warning:

The "Women I find hot, part Quatro" won't be such a good thread any more once you put those things on.

i went the tri-focal route....kind of takes some getting used to nodding your head for the right focus, but you get used to it.

That's all

I am the opposite. 48, wearing glasses my whole life (not a strong rx @ -2.75 @ both eyes). My eyes are 20/20 uncorrected for up close viewing. Eyes have gotten better? I simply have to take them off now to read or work up close! Never had to before during my life.

My Rx has not changed my whole life.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

i went the tri-focal route....kind of takes some getting used to nodding your head for the right focus, but you get used to it.

I just have multiple pairs of glasses. One pair for general use, one for computer work, one for reading. Moving my head is too much effort.

(Actually, I found that trifocals drastically impacted my reading speed, and gave me a stiff neck at the computer. Dedicated glasses are better in each case.)

That's all

Get the Rx and then go the internet optical route... So cheap... LoL... Probably what eye place does anyway. LoL...

Just make sure they give you your PD, or pupillary distance. Did I spell that right? PD is distance between center of pupils. Measured two ways: single distance or dual distance. You can also measure it yourself or have someone measure it the way eye place does. Old pair of glasses and Sharpie will get it. Just as long as you are not Ryan Miller, you will be within range of most glasses... ;-)

Oh... Staying @ Holiday Inn Express is really paying off!

I just have multiple pairs of glasses. One pair for general use, one for computer work, one for reading. Moving my head is too much effort.

(Actually, I found that trifocals drastically impacted my reading speed, and gave me a stiff neck at the computer. Dedicated glasses are better in each case.)

??? Question. Serious too... ;-)

Will lasik correct eyes with multiple focal lengths? Or is it out of question.

I was reading Hammersticks post. Should surgery be done while still youngER.

I missed that class @ the Holiday Inn Express for optometry! :-/

Get the Rx and then go the internet optical route... So cheap... LoL... Probably what eye place does anyway. LoL...

Just make sure they give you your PD, or pupillary distance. Did I spell that right? PD is distance between center of pupils. Measured two ways: single distance or dual distance. You can also measure it yourself or have someone measure it the way eye place does. Old pair of glasses and Sharpie will get it. Just as long as you are not Ryan Miller, you will be within range of most glasses... ;-)

Oh man, that sounds complicated! I'm just going to try some on and hope I find the right ones

Ryan Miller, lol!!

I'm right on the cusp on needing glasses for reading I think. That or I need longer arms so I can hold the phone, book, menu farther away! :rolleyes:

I wanna get a pair of those horned rims likeJim Harbaugh has recently been wearing.

I'm really getting tired of people making fun of me for that!