The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

I would trade UP for Mahomes. You people that think Mahomes is a late first, early second rounder are too trusting of the McShay's of the world. Mahomes is a def top 15 pick, and probably will go in the first 10 picks.

This is a more athletic Brett Favre. He'll throw a lot more than 6 interceptions...even as a vet...but he'll also throw 35 Tds, and 5000 yards to boot.

My scouting friend that was high on Dak last year is all about Mahomes. I asked him for an NFL comparable. He said the high end? Drew Brees.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would trade UP for Mahomes. You people that think Mahomes is a late first, early second rounder are too trusting of the McShay's of the world. Mahomes is a def top 15 pick, and probably will go in the first 10 picks.

This is a more athletic Brett Favre. He'll throw a lot more than 6 interceptions...even as a vet...but he'll also throw 35 Tds, and 5000 yards to boot.

I agree. I think he's a top 10 pick. Prisco already has him going to the Jets ahead of us.

And even if he's not, people who act like you can fine tune first round selections of any kind, let alone QBs, are crazy. If someone is worth pick 25 he is worth pick 10, if he's your guy.

Every team likely has a different ranking of players 5 through 30. Sure, you can place people into appropriate tiers (and even that is just a semi-educated guess), but those tiers are MUCH wider than most people think. Playing games to "maximize" the essentially unquantifiable value of a given draft pick is stupid. Better to just ID players you feel good about and draft them when it's your turn.

Sure, if there a bunch of players you rate as roughly equal, trade down by all means if the opportunity presents itself. But I would never trade down hoping to get my guy at a "better" value slot. If he's my guy, he's my guy.

I have no idea what the Bills think of Mahomes, of course, or of Watson or of anyone else. But if they do like one of these QBs they should take him at 10 and make no apologies.

I agree. I think he's a top 10 pick. Prisco already has him going to the Jets ahead of us.

And even if he's not, people who act like you can fine tune first round selections of any kind, let alone QBs, are crazy. If someone is worth pick 25 he is worth pick 10, if he's your guy.

Every team likely has a different ranking of players 5 through 30. Sure, you can place people into appropriate tiers (and even that is just a semi-educated guess), but those tiers are MUCH wider than most people think. Playing games to "maximize" the essentially unquantifiable value of a given draft pick is stupid. Better to just ID players you feel good about and draft them when it's your turn.

Sure, if there a bunch of players you rate as roughly equal, trade down by all means if the opportunity presents itself. But I would never trade down hoping to get my guy at a "better" value slot. If he's my guy, he's my guy.

I have no idea what the Bills think of Mahomes, of course, or of Watson or of anyone else. But if they do like one of these QBs they should take him at 10 and make no apologies.

Dude if he goes to the Jets we are so F'd.

I feel the same way. There's something about him that I just love.

I support bringing Tyrod back; I enjoy watching him play and think he gives us as good a chance to win as any of the immediately available options. Hopefully he can develop even further (not sure about that).

But I think if I had draft day power, I would draft Mahomes at 10 anyway, even if all the other QBs are still available, and even if we still have Tyrod.

i don't think the Jets are going to take a QB, especially in the first round. They have 2 QBs on the roster who they took in the last 2 drafts who they have yet to develop, one was in the 2nd round. They need to add a vet QB in FA and I expect Glennon or Cutler, one who has started games before and can compete with the other two to start. Adding a 3rd rookie to the mix just adds more inexperience and no assurance any of them could start in the NFL.

I don't see Mahomes as a guy who is going to save a franchise. I think he could be the type of a player who at his best could help sneak a team into the playoffs. The Jets are such a joke that only a once in a lifetime type QB prospect going there would worry me. Mahomes isn't that guy. He might become a competent NFL QB, but I don't see him as a guy who can completely alter the course of a franchise. Nothing about the Jets worries me. The Jets certainly aren't going to put a young QB in a position to win. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I don't see Mahomes as a guy who is going to save a franchise. I think he could be the type of a player who at his best could help sneak a team into the playoffs. The Jets are such a joke that only a once in a lifetime type QB prospect going there would worry me. Mahomes isn't that guy. He might become a competent NFL QB, but I don't see him as a guy who can completely alter the course of a franchise. Nothing about the Jets worries me.

I don't see Mahomes as a guy who is going to save a franchise. I think he could be the type of a player who at his best could help sneak a team into the playoffs. The Jets are such a joke that only a once in a lifetime type QB prospect going there would worry me. Mahomes isn't that guy. He might become a competent NFL QB, but I don't see him as a guy who can completely alter the course of a franchise. Nothing about the Jets worries me.

The guy you are describing is Tyrod.

I don't see Mahomes as a guy who is going to save a franchise. I think he could be the type of a player who at his best could help sneak a team into the playoffs. The Jets are such a joke that only a once in a lifetime type QB prospect going there would worry me. Mahomes isn't that guy. He might become a competent NFL QB, but I don't see him as a guy who can completely alter the course of a franchise. Nothing about the Jets worries me. The Jets certainly aren't going to put a young QB in a position to win.

If you ever watched him play I do not see how you could come to the conclusion you have.

"Mahomes took note of a conversation with Peyton. “He watches himself over and over again,” Mahomes says. “Peyton watched the TV version of himself. He watched as much film on himself as he does on others.” And so Mahomes went home and entered a YouTube wormhole searching “Pat Mahomes clips.”

Mahomes says his new habit helped him cut interceptions down from 15 in 2015 to 10 last season (despite a slight uptick in pass attempts). Perhaps next year he’ll even begin TiVo-ing his games, he says. NFL teams hope Mahomes continues on that curve."

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

Do I have to repeat what I said before so here it goes again

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is.

He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin.

If you ever watched him play I do not see how you could come to the conclusion you have.

I've seen him play. I'm just numb to QB's putting up huge numbers in the Big 12. No one plays defense in that conference. I didn't say he'd be bad, I just don't see him as a franchise savior. The Jets aren't going to be the place that puts anyone in a good position to succeed.

I've seen him play. I'm just numb to QB's putting up huge numbers in the Big 12. No one plays defense in that conference. I didn't say he'd be bad, I just don't see him as a franchise savior. The Jets aren't going to be the place that puts anyone in a good position to succeed.

I don't see any Mahomes fans discussing his numbers. That's not why we want him.

He has great pocket presence, feel. Big arm, fast release, and accuracy. That's why I want him.

I don't see any Mahomes fans discussing his numbers. That's not why we want him.

He has great pocket presence, feel. Big arm, fast release, and accuracy. That's why I want him.

I agree. There is something about him that I love. Had the same feeling about Dak last year. Even with his hideous mechanics, the ball goes exactly where it needs to. I say trade to mid 1st and take him.

I agree. There is something about him that I love. Had the same feeling about Dak last year. Even with his hideous mechanics, the ball goes exactly where it needs to. I say trade to mid 1st and take him.

What really jumps off the screen for me is his swagger. That's the real "it" quality. He looks like he wants to score on every drive.

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot

or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles of his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work and throwing motion guy.

I take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

I take him with the first pick in the draft he is that good.

I like him a lot better than Watson and Trubisky. I'm not bashing the guy. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to compare him to Rodgers and Favre. I got into this conversation by commenting on a poster worried the Jets might take him. I think that the Jets are so void of talent that no young QB will succeed there.

I like him a lot better than Watson and Trubisky. I'm not bashing the guy. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to compare him to Rodgers and Favre. I got into this conversation by commenting on a poster worried the Jets might take him. I think that the Jets are so void of talent that no young QB will succeed there.

He isn't easy to project because of the gimmicky offense. But there is more to him than that and he does more pro style stuff than people realize. Opportunity is here. Rodgers dropped because NFL GM's didn't want to draft another Tedford system bust. They also said Rodgers held the ball too high. Packers fixed that flaw in 5 seconds.