The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

This whole topic makes you wonder some how much real information is out there as to where teams value players. What Todd and Mel and everyone else in the media state means nothing. What do the teams really think and how much info is out there to get a good feel for what other teams plan to do. Back in 2013, supposedly the Eagles were going to pick Manual in the low 20's and that was part of the alleged reason DW didn't drop down lower. How much is really known where other teams value players??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people haven't seen the kid play...I think a lot of people are just going on internet mocks where Mahomes isn't in the first round in all of them. But trust me, he will be. There's serious intrest in him from Arizona building I hear.

Well, it's still early. If word gets out that teams value him much higher than you have to take him at 10 if you believe in him and know he will be gone.

Just the people in the know that talk to NFL teams initially seems like a late 1st/early 2nd.

We can't rely on one of the top 4 QBs being there for our pick in round 2, especially the one we have on the top of the board. It would require Cleveland to pass on QB 3 times, the 49ers / Bears / Jets to pass twice and teams like Arizona / Houston / Washington / Miami / Chiefs who could all take one.

I think 10 is in the dead zone for QBs, where you are better taking a blue chip talent at a different position, but it's clearly a major need position for us and if a guy is evaluated to be our guy, take him at 10 and ignore the howling by the Mel Kipers of the world.

OK. WHEN Sammy misses some more games next year, don't go crying because we have no other targets to throw to.

I attribute our passing woes to Taylor. I saw receivers running open during Watkins' injury. We need to upgrade the position, but getting a receiver is like going to buy a bat when you don't have a baseball...what's the point?

Get a good QB and all will fall into place.

I attribute our passing woes to Taylor. I saw receivers running open during Watkins' injury. We need to upgrade the position, but getting a receiver is like going to buy a bat when you don't have a baseball...what's the point?

Get a good QB and all will fall into place.

Hate to bust your bubble but Taylor's better than any FA QB out there and he's definitely better than anything we'll get from these QBs coming out of this year's draft.

Hate to bust your bubble but Taylor's better than any FA QB out there and he's definitely better than anything we'll get from these QBs coming out of this year's draft.

You can't improve the QB position if you can only draft a player that is immediately better than a 6 year player on your team.

If the scouting department along with the decision makers believe he's potentially a franchise QB, then you get him at 10.

Personally speaking, the little of what I saw of him, he looks damn impressive to me.

I actually think the mechanics makes me want him more. If he is that accurate not stepping into every throw then he can become even more deadly. I like how he thinks, quick decision making. Touch throws to people on the money, the fast release, and how he climbs the pocket and fires.

If the scouting department along with the decision makers believe he's potentially a franchise QB, then you get him at 10.

Personally speaking, the little of what I saw of him, he looks damn impressive to me.

That's what happened to me. Looked into this kid a couple weeks ago. He reminds me of a better built Aaron Rodgers. Let's not pass on that.

I actually think the mechanics makes me want him more. If he is that accurate not stepping into every throw then he can become even more deadly. I like how he thinks, quick decision making. Touch throws to people on the money, the fast release, and how he climbs the pocket and fires.

That's why I love him. He has good mechanics, but he can throw off balance and from multiple platforms and he still gets the ball to where it needs to go. So I don't care that he threw in an air raid system. He's amazing.

Mike Mayock in 2014:

Quarterback

1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida

3. Derek Carr, Fresno State

4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois

"The kind of projection I want to make with Manziel is Steve Young,'' Mayock says, referencing the Hall of Fame San Francisco 49ers quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346685/article/mike-mayocks-position-rankings-for-2014-nfl-draft

Edited by jeffismagic

I think he's going to be like Rivers - right now "everyone" (mockers) has him second round or so - late first at the earliest.

I bet he'll be rated much higher than that in the end by teams.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up going well before our pick. I think he might end up being the first or second QB taken.

I love the guy. Would definitely pull the trigger on him at 10, regardless of what any other team or pundit thinks.

I think he's going to be like Rivers - right now "everyone" (mockers) has him second round or so - late first at the earliest.

I bet he'll be rated much higher than that in the end by teams.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up going well before our pick. I think he might end up being the first or second QB taken.

I love the guy. Would definitely pull the trigger on him at 10, regardless of what any other team or pundit thinks.

Rivers jumped because he showed up at the Senior Bowl and absolutely killed it. I don't see Mahomes as getting that kind of opportunity but he could move higher into the 1st round on the mocks.

That's what happened to me. Looked into this kid a couple weeks ago. He reminds me of a better built Aaron Rodgers. Let's not pass on that.

That's why I love him. He has good mechanics, but he can throw off balance and from multiple platforms and he still gets the ball to where it needs to go. So I don't care that he threw in an air raid system. He's amazing.

He really does not have good mechanics. His footwork is among the worst I have ever evaluated.

I am happy to go against the TSW grain on Mahomes. The guy is a project Quarterback at the pro level. I wouldn't hate the Bills taking a shot (I never hate them taking a shot at a Quarterback) but if I was sitting in the draft room there is no way I would spend the 10th pick in the draft on him.

He may be that rare breed whose footwork is awful and thrives despite it. But let me just say this - there are no Big 12 defenses in the NFL.