Say a prayer for Danny, my son....

Nervous Guy

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

Aw, ****. I'm sorry, man. I was just thinking about him this morning (right around when you posted this) and hoping he was doing okay.

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

So sorry for your loss, Nervous Guy. Prayers for Danny.