Post your Super Bowl Menu!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go...

We always have foods from the two cities being represented in the game. I am so freaking tired of NE foods! That said...

Sam Adams

Sweet tea & vodka

NE clam chowder

Lobster rolls

Fried chicken

Peach cobbler

Pecan pie

You need some good fried okra and green beans with bacon for your southern veggies.

NE veggies dunno what to tell you. Hahvahd beets mebbe? Baked beans?

Turns out some friends are hosting a get together now. I was going to make wings but am unsure how to make them ahead of time and transport them such that they will not get soggy. Any tips?

JR, are you frying? If so, you are chit out o luck. On the other hand, we use this method all the time. You can do the steaming at home, put the wings on the rack in rimmed baking sheet, then do the baking at hosts home. No smoke with this method..not as good as fried, but pretty damn close and the women will love they are baked and not fried.

Dont forget the parchment paper bottom of baking sheet...makes for no smoke and EASY cleanup!

http://altonbrown.com/buffalo-wings/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buffalo-wings-recipe/altons-buffalo-wings.html

BTW, went to store to get lamb ....and the chuck roast was on sale for $2.99 lb....so its pot roast sliders!!!!!

Been in the sous vide since 4.00pm yesterday

Edited by plenzmd1

Chicken wings (will have medium, hot and garlic/parm sauces)

Chicken wing dip

Cheesy taco sticks (taco meat, cheese, wrapped in pizza dough and baked)

Jalapeno poppers (fried with cheddar, Monterrey jack and cream cheese filling with real bacon bits)

Meatballs (one marinara, one buffalo)

Taquitos (boxed - this is a yearly tradition for our son)

Cheese/crackers

Sweet Hawaiian rolls (for mini ball sandwiches)

Chicken wings. Traditional hot and old bay seasoning for the kids.

Seared Ahi Tuna lettuce wraps with sriracha mayo and wasabi (julienne daikon, carrots, jalapeños, and quick pickled red onions for toppings).

Assorted dips and chips.

Rice crispy treat cake with double fudge frosting.

For beverages...Labatt Blue, Fiddlehead IPA, Stowe Cider, vodka and tequila, and about 30 very strong Jell-O shots.

Go Falcons!!

Chicken wings (will have medium, hot and garlic/parm sauces)

Chicken wing dip

Cheesy taco sticks (taco meat, cheese, wrapped in pizza dough and baked)

Jalapeno poppers (fried with cheddar, Monterrey jack and cream cheese filling with real bacon bits)

Meatballs (one marinara, one buffalo)

Taquitos (boxed - this is a yearly tradition for our son)

Cheese/crackers

Sweet Hawaiian rolls (for mini ball sandwiches)

GEEZ... Amazing... You must have started cooking on Thursday.

Nothing, I don't watch NE Superbowls

You're missing out, man. Watching them lose to the Giants twice has pretty much been the highlight of my football life for the past 15 years. It was VERY satisfying. Sad but true Bills-fan fact.

I can only pray they're in for another bitter loss.vWould prefer to have something positive to cheer about, but I'll take my schadenfreude when I can get it.

You're missing out, man. Watching them lose to the Giants twice has pretty much been the highlight of my football life for the past 15 years. It was VERY satisfying. Sad but true Bills-fan fact.

I can only pray they're in for another bitter loss.vWould prefer to have something positive to cheer about, but I'll take my schadenfreude when I can get it.

GO FALCONS !!