AFC Championship

gomper

The NFL seems to be on it's way out, choking on it's own success.

They allow an idiot to disgrace our country while not allowing a show of support for our cops?

The players seem to think they are better than us (Remember Watkins and his "little jobs" comment?) How about Darieus, all of his actions are a snub to the people who fill the seats and pay his salary.

As much as I like the Pegulas for saving the team, when was the last time they had to forgo something to pay the bills? (not the players). They are NOT regular people. Just like the rest of the owners, they have considerable money and influence.

Hubris will be the undoing of football. They took a great game and slowed it down (too many commercials, instant replays) and made it almost a non-contact sport.

For this, we pay these spoiled self indulgent idiots millions, investing emotions, time and $...

If they don't shape up, they will lose more fans than they already have...I'm leaning towards hiking on Sundays

Edited by NorthBuffaloKid

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL seems to be on it's way out, choking on it's own success.

They allow an idiot to disgrace our country while not allowing a show of support for our cops?

The players seem to think they are better than us (Remember Watkins and his "little jobs" comment?) How about Darieus, all of his actions are a snub to the people who fill the seats and pay his salary.

As much as I like the Pegulas for saving the team, when was the last time they had to forgo something to pay the bills? (not the players).

Hubris will be the undoing of football. They took a great game and slowed it down (too many commercials, instant replays) and made it almost a non-contact sport.

For this, we pay these spoiled self indulgent idiots millions, investing emotions, time and $...

If they don't shape up, they will lose more fans than they already have...I'm leaning towards hiking on Sundays

if you think its current form is that of a non-contact sport, id have to say that you may have more in common with the attitude that you portray the league having than you would like to admit

if you think its current form is that of a non-contact sport, id have to say that you may have more in common with the attitude that you portray the league having than you would like to admit

Hit Tom Brady?...Nah.

There were rules against spearing, clipping and many other infractions that are now over analyzed. If it didn't fall into any category, a unnecessary roughness would cover it.

I'm not sure what you're saying about my having more in common with the attitude that I portray, but OK...

All of this crud slows down the game. It's become so slow that they a game that used to take 3 hours now goes 3 1/2.

Do you think Butkus would be able to make it with today's rules? How about Lambert? Not a chance.

We've become a bunch of sissies as a society and it shows in this game (and others).

Hit Tom Brady?...Nah.

There were rules against spearing, clipping and many other infractions that are now over analyzed. If it didn't fall into any category, a unnecessary roughness would cover it.

I'm not sure what you're saying about my having more in common with the attitude that I portray, but OK...

All of this crud slows down the game. It's become so slow that they a game that used to take 3 hours now goes 3 1/2.

Do you think Butkus would be able to make it with today's rules? How about Lambert? Not a chance.

We've become a bunch of sissies as a society and it shows in this game (and others).

Gone to war lately? BTW, Butkus and Lambert would make it.

Gone to war lately? BTW, Butkus and Lambert would make it.

Could you imagine Brady in a war? He's be yelling at his fellow soldiers, wanting a cappuccino and a new ruling on whether an enemy was being "mean" to him.

Butkus and Lambert would be ejected from almost every game they were in for being too rough.

Edited by NorthBuffaloKid

Hit Tom Brady?...Nah.

i was getting at a certain sense of entitlement and self importance that calling football non-contact displays.

I realy, really, really want the pats to win because it'll give brady and belichick five rings apiece and make it more likely for them to retire. I am serious about this.

Yeah at this point I certainly don't care if the Pats win another one and you might be right.

It would be hard for Belichick to walk away because he has:

1) The team of subservient minions he's always dreamed of.......Brady and zero other stars.

2) Nobody wants his coaches or front office personnel because they think it's all BB...... so he doesn't have the continuity issues that lead to some bad drafts and weak defenses for a brief period a few years back.

3) About $75M in cap space.

They are set up like nobody's business.

His biggest problem may be that he HAS to spend some of that money to reach the 3 year cap minimum. :lol:

That said......if Belichick did retire any other coach could f*ck it up entirely in just a couple seasons so we can only hope he decides to call it quits. :thumbsup:

I realy, really, really want the pats to win because it'll give brady and belichick five rings apiece and make it more likely for them to retire. I am serious about this.

I agree. Win this one & they may call it quits a year or two earlier than they were planning on.

The NFL wanted Patriots v Cowboys.. "the Best vs the Next". Also I find it funny how you say "everyone" is tired of BB and Brady but yet they were one of only 2 teams whose Primetime games actually INCREASED audiences. I think you fail to realize how much a good heal brings in viewers. That's why they wanted the Pats and Cowboys.. sith v Jedi etc.. lol

Noone wants to see your cheating football team in the super bowl. Their fans looked like they could careless too yesterday. Honestly the Razor sounded like it was a preseason game last night.

Noone wants to see your cheating football team in the super bowl. Their fans looked like they could careless too yesterday. Honestly the Razor sounded like it was a preseason game last night.

Ahh another expert judging crowd noise by his TV.... it was loud the entire first half and most of the third.. it was quiet when the game was in hand though. I should know I was actually there after paying a fortune for my tickets lol..

Ahh another expert judging crowd noise by his TV.... it was loud the entire first half and most of the third.. it was quiet when the game was in hand though. I should know I was actually there after paying a fortune for my tickets lol..

I had two friends from Pittsburgh that went to the game & both of them said they couldn't believe how quiet & hiw unenthusiastic the fans were for most of the game. So it wasn't just me judging how loud it was by TV.

I had two friends from Pittsburgh that went to the game & both of them said they couldn't believe how quiet & hiw unenthusiastic the fans were for most of the game. So it wasn't just me judging how loud it was by TV.

Maybe the fans were quiet so the Steelers wouldn't wake up. I was really surprised/disappointed by how low energy the Steelers were.

I'm glad we didn't interview either of the Pittsburgh coordinators. Both of them are terrible. Why sit in zone for the duration of 4 quarters? Why go play action bomb on your opening drive when it's 3 and 1? The defense held the Patriots to a FG and the Steelers were in position to put their stamp on the game. Haley Whaley goes 3rd and stupid and hurries that defense back onto the field...sure lets try and get in a shootout with Brady and let's burn out our defense that we don't rotate. Great great!!!

Perhaps the most idiotic calls were the ones that came after Jesse James was tackled at the half yard line. Hey Haley Whaley did you ever think of running a QB sneak with your 6'7 doughboy?!

Edited by Commonsense