Can We Just Take a Moment and Be Grateful For The Pegulas

ndirish1978

I am grateful to the Pegulas even having never been to Buffalo for keeping the team I love in existence.

I don't believe there is a chance in hell they sell the team any time soon. I also believe they care as passionately as anyone about winning. Get put of the way and let their guy work!

I just think they have made bad decisions and acted a bit too fan like. They need to approach the Bills with a cold hearted and headed business outlook.

I agree with your assessment

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First F**k Flutie. Hes a piece of dog crap who never won a playoff game in the NFL that Im aware of. He isnt worthy of licking Kellys dogs balls.Second go find another team to root for. The Pegulas have done a ton for this area. Take a drive downtown. Harbour center is awesome and they are far from done. Your a complete ingrate for not acknowledging that. Dont show up for the victory parade when it happens. People like you dont deserve a championship. Sure you can get a Patriots Jacket for 200 or so.

Wow, maybe you should switch medications or something. Who cares what he done downtown, that is a completely separate issue. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Lots of people build buildings, lots of people help revitalize a downtown. Only 30 people own a hockey team and 32 a football team. Pegula made the decision to be a sports owner. His obligation is help the franchise be successful. This forum is at twobillsdrive.com, not buffalo.com. The forum is called the staium wall, not what's going on in the city.

As a lifelong fan, likely a heck of a lot longer than you based on your command or lack there of, the English language, I don't care about building, I want to see my team win a championship. If you have a problem with that conceptional idea, perhaps it's you that should find another franchise to follow. You seem to care about other thing besides winning, maybe you can become a fan of Jets both the hockey and football version. The Canes could use more fans, since only about 12,000 show up per game. Maybe the Jags, too, they have a hard time drawing. You could live in between, in Florence.

Because the other NFL owners are all paragons of virtue who deserve playoff appearances and Super Bowls?

How do the other owners enter into a discussion if Terry Pegula's karma is bad because he !@#$ed up peoples land and drinking water to get rich?

Lest you read into that more than intended, let me add I would have raped the land like that for billions of dollars as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

As Bills fans.. our standards are so pathetically low. And this tread does nothing but back my statement up.

The team has sucked for 17 years, but hey, we have a team. Could be worse right?

Let's get a team that wins once awhile. Let's raise our standards just a little bit.

As Bills fans.. our standards are so pathetically low. And this tread does nothing but back my statement up.

The team has sucked for 17 years, but hey, we have a team. Could be worse right?

Let's get a team that wins once awhile. Let's raise our standards just a little bit.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. But then again most people who jump into a thread just to complain rarely actually read the original post.

I was glad the Pegulas bought the team.

I was glad to see that they are willing to spend some money on players, coaches, facilities, etc.

I was disappointed when they hired Rex. I was glad when they realized their mistake and fired him.

I am hopeful that the new coaches will bring a more serious attitude and success will follow.

Unfortunately, with salary caps and a small talent pool, the QB situation will likely be in limbo for a couple more years, but I have the patience to wait and see on that issue.

Running a pro sports franchise is hard. Winning championships is harder. Boston Bruins with good ownership went 40 years between championships. Rangers and Flyers spent millions when there was no cap and got few results. Patriots pulled one completely out of their ass with Brady. Jerry Jones has made more moves than Bill Clinton since Jimmie Johnson with mixed results.Rex was a mistake. To their credit they recognized it early and spent 16.5 million to correct the mistake. They seem to be on the fence about Whaley. I think he gets one more year. They want to win. They are smart people. It may take ten years but i predict a chamionship for both teams in the next ten years. Likely sooner. They are learning the ropes. Much more experienced good owners have gone decades without a title. Everyone needs to calm the f**k down.

good post considering your screen name ?

: )

What a dick.

There has to be a massive learning curve for new NFL owners. Especially with a business cycle of 12 months, you may have to take some lumps at first.

Yes, they got bamboozled by a smooth talking loudmouth who talks a good game. Rather like a snake oil salesman, that old Rex.

I am happy to see McDermott take over, and I believe we are now in good hands.

Maybe you can change your handle to FireRex or FireAnthony or maybe even FireSean to keep up with the times?

Oh well, enjoy yourself.

Massive learning curve? Russ Brandon took over as de facto GM once Marv Levy retired in 2007 and has had the power to run the entire team since that time. Rex isn't the only smooth talking snake oil salesman.

So from 2007 thru 2010, it was Brandon. 2010 thru 2013 it was Buddy Nix. May 2013 to date it has been Doug Whaley. It was Brandon who led the search that eventually found Rex Ryan and fully supported his hire, as did Whaley. Brandon has been involved in football operations for 10 years now and what did he learn? He learned it's better if he steps away.

Buddy Nix had a lifetime of football to prepare him to be a GM and what did he learn? That the team is better off without him! Whaley had been with the Steelers for 10 years before coming to Buffalo in 2010 and was promoted to GM in may 2013.

What has Whaley learned in his four seasons as GM? No franchise QB just yet and 23 free agents this year. Still, no decent RT and Denver's Vonn Miller or the Raiders Khalil Mack or the Texans JJ Watt can move over to face that turnstile Buffalo has at RT! That the team goes into each season paper thin at some positions because the scouting dept in Buffalo stinks.

What Whaley has had is an incredible amount of luck so far in the Colts GM wanting to dump Bill Polian's last first round pick, so he calls Buffalo and trades that first for a 3rd round scrub. CJ Spiller doesn't sign that huge offer that Whaley made him and instead signs with the Saints. Chip Kelly gets a wild hair up his arse and decides he no longer wants his best RB so he picks up the phone and calls Buffalo...

What you don't get is that almost everyone in the world of the NFL was advising these new owners to hire an NFL experienced senior adviser to help guide them through owning an NFL Team. The NFL even offered an adviser. Instead, they chose to listen to their then team CEO Russ Brandon who told them that "they would know who to hire as the new head coach after they interviewed all the candidates."

That was how the old Buffalo Bills worked with an owner that needed the team to make a profit to support him and all his hobbies like horse racing and collecting fine art. Ralph Wilson lived in Detroit and kept the team in Buffalo because he knew he had a rabid fan base in Buffalo that loved their football team. He could keep the ticket prices low to keep the blue collar fans coming to the game and still make a huge profit every year as long as the team was on the edge of winning.

Anyway, Terry Pegula was rewarded in hiring Rex Ryan as he saw the season tickets sale take a jump to the highest amount the team had ever sold. Which basically reinforces that he did something right in making that hire. At this point, it looks like it's going to take a lot more losing and empty season seats before Terry Pegula realizes he is doing things the wrong way in hiring his own choice for the team's head coach. SSDY

You can call the Bills a dumpster fire. You may hate that Terry has zero public speaking skills. But the fact of the matter is that as of today there are now fans in THREE NFL cities who no longer have a team. Regardless of how the Chargers, Rams and Raiders' last cities treated the team or ownership, I think we can all relate as fans to the sinking feeling of hoping the team you root for will stay in town because they are your team.

Obviously this thread will soon be inundated with "that's the kind of thinking that leads to playoff droughts" and calling me a koolaid drinker, but I don't think it's out of line to be grateful to know that my kids will get to be BUFFALO Bills fans. That's all, I don't have a point beyond that.

AMEN

What's up with all this appreciation and pity? He's a god damn billionaire, one of the 100 richest dudes in the country. Pegula needs to get these franchises turned around. The fans are hungry for a winner. It's not good enough just having pro sports. What matters is winning.

Edited by Dr.Sack

You are completely and totally alone on this and have lost this point.

just want to point out that being 'totally alone' on a point has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are right or wrong/win or lose a debate

one person could stand up against millions and still be 100% correct. it has happened many MANY time in history, in fact

just want to point out that being 'totally alone' on a point has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are right or wrong/win or lose a debate

one person could stand up against millions and still be 100% correct. it has happened many MANY time in history, in fact

And then, like in his case you can be totally alone and be wrong. But thanks for the lesson.

Massive learning curve? Russ Brandon took over as de facto GM once Marv Levy retired in 2007 and has had the power to run the entire team since that time. Rex isn't the only smooth talking snake oil salesman.

So from 2007 thru 2010, it was Brandon. 2010 thru 2013 it was Buddy Nix. May 2013 to date it has been Doug Whaley. It was Brandon who led the search that eventually found Rex Ryan and fully supported his hire, as did Whaley. Brandon has been involved in football operations for 10 years now and what did he learn? He learned it's better if he steps away.

Buddy Nix had a lifetime of football to prepare him to be a GM and what did he learn? That the team is better off without him! Whaley had been with the Steelers for 10 years before coming to Buffalo in 2010 and was promoted to GM in may 2013.

What has Whaley learned in his four seasons as GM? No franchise QB just yet and 23 free agents this year. Still, no decent RT and Denver's Vonn Miller or the Raiders Khalil Mack or the Texans JJ Watt can move over to face that turnstile Buffalo has at RT! That the team goes into each season paper thin at some positions because the scouting dept in Buffalo stinks.

What Whaley has had is an incredible amount of luck so far in the Colts GM wanting to dump Bill Polian's last first round pick, so he calls Buffalo and trades that first for a 3rd round scrub. CJ Spiller doesn't sign that huge offer that Whaley made him and instead signs with the Saints. Chip Kelly gets a wild hair up his arse and decides he no longer wants his best RB so he picks up the phone and calls Buffalo...

What you don't get is that almost everyone in the world of the NFL was advising these new owners to hire an NFL experienced senior adviser to help guide them through owning an NFL Team. The NFL even offered an adviser. Instead, they chose to listen to their then team CEO Russ Brandon who told them that "they would know who to hire as the new head coach after they interviewed all the candidates."

That was how the old Buffalo Bills worked with an owner that needed the team to make a profit to support him and all his hobbies like horse racing and collecting fine art. Ralph Wilson lived in Detroit and kept the team in Buffalo because he knew he had a rabid fan base in Buffalo that loved their football team. He could keep the ticket prices low to keep the blue collar fans coming to the game and still make a huge profit every year as long as the team was on the edge of winning.

Anyway, Terry Pegula was rewarded in hiring Rex Ryan as he saw the season tickets sale take a jump to the highest amount the team had ever sold. Which basically reinforces that he did something right in making that hire. At this point, it looks like it's going to take a lot more losing and empty season seats before Terry Pegula realizes he is doing things the wrong way in hiring his own choice for the team's head coach. SSDY

I think you are in posting in the wrong thread perhaps?

What's up with all this appreciation and pity? He's a god damn billionaire, one of the 100 richest dudes in the country. Pegula needs to get these franchises turned around. The fans are hungry for a winner. It's not good enough just having pro sports. What matters is winning.

Billionaire = ?

he is good at acquiring money. proven.

Now he is learning something new. yet to be decided.

And then, like in his case you can be totally alone and be wrong. But thanks for the lesson.

if you are a doctor, you must be a surgeon. Your bedside manner is atrocious

This is an excellent perspective.

But it does go against the odds.

: )