The Trump Economy

GG

1 minute ago, bbb said:

Wait, there's a TPS and a TH3? 

Yes. One is a real poster with whom you can have a conversation with and who provides interesting analysis and insight (TPS)

The other is a bomb throwing asshat who has nothing of value to offer to date, and usually only hangs around until he/she posts something super embarrassing (and wrong) and then they vanish for days/weeks. (TH3)

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes. One is a real poster with whom you can have a conversation with and who provides interesting analysis and insight (TPS)

The other is a bomb throwing asshat who has nothing of value to offer to date, and usually only hangs around until he/she posts something super embarrassing (and wrong) and then they vanish for days/weeks. (TH3)

C'mon, I'm as asshat too!

Sorry @TH3 I should've waited until it got closer to the close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I may have mixed 'em up once or twice. I'm not all that smart though. 

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Fortunately....The White House financial team has taken advantage of the recent good times and have put the Federal Balance Sheet in good order to have enough ammunition to deal the news on hand....

Dodd-Frank has kept the banks better prepared, though, right? 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The other is a bomb throwing asshat who has nothing of value to offer to date, and usually only hangs around until he/she posts something super embarrassing (and wrong) 

Oh, stop beating up on yourself 

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Oh - its going to be worse than that before this is over....

I consult for banks.....they have NO IDEA  on what is to come ....We work on an economy totally based on leverage....everything is leveraged to the max...great when the weather is sunny...This is way different and much harder in many ways to deal with than 2008....back then we had slices of the economy that were doing poorly and others that were in recession....but they were for the most part actually running....Now we have entire sections of the economy with no income streams....no one has an answer for that....

Fortunately....The White House financial team has taken advantage of the recent good times and have put the Federal Balance Sheet in good order to have enough ammunition to deal the news on hand....

As I said in the 2008 crisis, the Fed has no limit to its balance sheet. It can, is and will do everything necessary to ensure the financial system weathers this storm.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Dodd-Frank has kept the banks better prepared, though, right? 

Banks are never prepared for something like this, but the Fed will provide all the liquidity they need.  Hell, the Bank of Japan is buying equities...

• Like (+1) 1

well, we didn't hit the second circuit breaker of 13% but we came damn close at the close, closing at 12.93% down. close was, 20,188. expecting an equally eventful day tomorrow. overnight Futures should be an adventure again, wouldn't be surprised if they limited down right out of the gate again.

Edited by Foxx

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Super embarrassing?....Like say....embarrassing like entire volumes on the Deep State Conspiracy, CV AINT THAT BAD, The Server, The Global Warming HOAX, Benghazi, CNN, Epstein was murdered!, Birtherism....The only reason the regulars live is here is because this is the only place you can exist without being embarrassed ;)

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Super embarrassing?....Like say....embarrassing like entire volumes on the Deep State Conspiracy, CV AINT THAT BAD, The Server, The Global Warming HOAX, Benghazi, CNN, Epstein was murdered!, Birtherism....The only reason the regulars live is here is because this is the only place you can exist without being embarrassed ;)

Of those things, most I never said/authored or pushed. 

But you're a liar as your record proves, so this isn't a surprise. Lying asshats gonna prove themselves to be lying asshats. Especially in times like these. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

well, we didn't hit the second circuit breaker of 13% but we came damn close at the close, closing at 12.93% down. close was, 20,188. expecting an equally eventful day tomorrow. overnight Futures should be an adventure again, wouldn't be surprised if they limited down right out of the gate again.

I've never seen anything like this.  If you're young with disposable income I wouldn't hesitate buying later this week if it continues to drop.

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I've never seen anything like this.  If you're young with disposable income I wouldn't hesitate buying later this week if it continues to drop.

well, again... i don't necessarily disagree, however  i'm just wanting to see how things play out a bit longer before making a statement along those lines. coming within inches of the second circuit breaker on a Monday i feared is not good, imo. i am going to continue to watch and see what is going on, the investor is still way too spooked. 

Edited by Foxx

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If only we had a federal payment system for all our utilities and rents. Bernie will make it happen, comrade. 

You really are a douche.  

It has nothing to do with politics, rather how can society deal with a crisis of this magnitude?  China brought in the military and shut Wuhan down.  Maybe you'd rather see that?  Btw, we do have a federal payments system dumbass.

Of course, you still think it's all a hoax? Conspiracy?  Yes, everyone is out to get your idol.  Hahahahaha!

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Of course, you still think it's all a hoax? Conspiracy?  Yes, everyone is out to get your idol.  Hahahahaha!

Have you watched ANY of the media questions to the President and his Team? If not do so, and tell me they aren’t out to affix blame!

1 hour ago, TPS said:

You really are a douche.  

It has nothing to do with politics, rather how can society deal with a crisis of this magnitude?  China brought in the military and shut Wuhan down.  Maybe you'd rather see that?  Btw, we do have a federal payments system dumbass.

TPS, FU. There you go again with the hoax nonsense. In this country the feds don't decide on forgiving utility payments and rents.