The Trump Economy

GG

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Not so sure if that was even possible. Trump was proactive with shutting down our borders to China and got a bunchofshit from the dems. The dems haven't supported real action (pro- active) until it became the popular thing to do. Now they are trying to take credit for being the catalyst for the actions being taken. There's enough credit and blame to go around but if kept in perspective we are light years ahead of how the swine flu was handled. As far as panic goes, that has been encouraged by asswipes with an agenda. "Never let a crisis go to waste". 

...exactly why I said more pro-active......you knew "never let a crisis go to waste" was forthcoming in today's acrimonious political climate(skanks will be skanks for personal /political gain FIRST; "F" you and me)....so I'd be prematurely pro-active in that environment to quell (impossible to STFU the MSM naysayers totally) those hell bent on fomenting a nationwide panic for political capital....

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...exactly why I said more pro-active......you knew "never let a crisis go to waste" was forthcoming in today's acrimonious political climate(skanks will be skanks for personal /political gain FIRST; "F" you and me)....so I'd be prematurely pro-active in that environment to quell (impossible to STFU the MSM naysayers totally) those hell bent on fomenting a nationwide panic for political capital....

Did you hear Schumer's press conference this morning? It is his opinion that everything being done to fight the coronavirus has been because of Congress and done in spite of Trump. 

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did you hear Schumer's press conference this morning? It is his opinion that everything being done to fight the coronavirus has been because of Congress and done in spite of Trump. 

...LOL..."Photo Op Chuck The Schmuck".......yet another one of our long list of NYS political skanks......I'm 66, still working and making a dream living despite my NYS income taxes as a corporate CFO....with my wife's tragic passing in 2015, I keep working to pad my kids' inheritance.....retiring now means sit home and rot.....but I will eventually reach the GTFU syndrome......

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Did CNN run with a breaking news flash that the Dow is crumbling today and we are all gonna die horribly?  Then realized it’s a Saturday after 10 minutes?  

...is the CNNvirus the biggest threat to their 5 viewers?......anecdote should be a top priority for labs nationwide.....with me depending on Lemon, Cooper, Seltzer & Tapper for unfettered, accurate and unbiased news, where else could I turn to?.....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...is the CNNvirus the biggest threat to their 5 viewers?......anecdote should be a top priority for labs nationwide.....with me depending on Lemon, Cooper, Seltzer & Tapper for unfettered, accurate and unbiased news, where else could I turn to?.....

Never getting old that 98 percent of viewers are gone now that nobody is held quasi-hostage waiting for an airplane 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Never getting old that 98 percent of viewers are gone now that nobody is held quasi-hostage waiting for an airplane 

It's all coming out now. There's no virus, it's a government scam to put CNN into bankruptcy. 

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

...Ted Turner had a MAJOR screw loose......and their current crop is a bunch of stripped threads......wonder how once industry stalwarts like Huntley, Brinkley, Murrow, Cronkite et al feel about their industry now?.....RIP boyz and roll over..........

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....should have been more pro-active with this earlier.......not sure if it would have, but it is conceivable it would have stemmed the tide of nationwide panic.....

I said this over a week ago and got pilloried for questioning his highnesses’s response...

He certainly made sure yesterday’s Presser was in time to ensure it would impact stocks..

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Ted Turner had a MAJOR screw loose......and their current crop is a bunch of stripped threads......wonder how once industry stalwarts like Huntley, Brinkley, Murrow, Cronkite et al feel about their industry now?.....RIP boyz and roll over..........

CNN was a great source during the Reagan and Papa Bush years, to me everything fell apart when Carville started appearing on every show yelling and screaming incoherently to protect Slick and his lovely wife Bluto

and now CNN is the World Daily News without the amusement of Bat Boys crime sprees 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Keep focused on what’s important...

You're right. A true leader would be focusing on the negatives and stoking panic.

That's why we need, you know, the guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TPS said:

I said this over a week ago and got pilloried for questioning his highnesses’s response...

He certainly made sure yesterday’s Presser was in time to ensure it would impact stocks..

The response was fine, cutting off China early was the proper step. The last thing the country needed was mindless panic. Have you seen the stores since the declaration of a SOE ? So doing this any earlier would only have hastened the onset of panic and overreaction. That’s where we are now, and CNN et al are the biggest cheerleaders of this nonsense. Since when is the stock market taking a nosedive a good thing ? It makes sense for Trump to be reassuring. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TPS said:

Or it could be because you act like an asshat?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Or it could be because you act like an asshat?

I tend to react to people how people respond  me. And, as one of the few liberals here, I try to challenge the beliefs of the crowd. As one in the minority, I’m sure my attitude is judged differently. Finally, Being an asshat, I’ve stuck around just to piss off you guys. 

Min the end, we’re all Bills fans, and I would share a beer with any of you, and I have. ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TPS said:

I tend to react to people how people respond  me. And, as one of the few liberals here, I try to challenge the beliefs of the crowd. As one in the minority, I’m sure my attitude is judged differently. Finally, Being an asshat, I’ve stuck around just to piss off you guys. 

Min the end, we’re all Bills fans, and I would share a beer with any of you, and I have. ? 

Well, at least you're an honest asshat.  I'll give you that.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

It would probably be a Corona.

• Haha (+1) 1