The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the presser, Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia:

The temp $600 is available to gig employees, self-employed, and regular employees. (How long it takes will vary by states.)  States will be able to catch them up later when the state computer systems are updated ($500M has gone to the states to help them update their systems).

• Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The temp $600 is available to gig employees, self-employed, and regular employees. (How long it takes will vary by states.)  States will be able to catch them up later when the state computer systems are updated ($500M has gone to the states to help them update their systems).

is this obtainable through the states unemployment system or the federal PPP?

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

is this obtainable through the states unemployment system or the federal PPP?

State. In a presser last week Trump said he wanted it sent through the feds due to the antiquated systems some states had, and it would be faster for the feds to dispense the extra $600, but the bill was not written that way. This is unemployment money.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Will I lose out on anything if I wait until my 2019 taxes are done.............After days of questioning people, I think I finally have figured out it would be better for me to get my 2019 done and submitted before applying.  But, I don't want to miss any deadlines or anything like that?  

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

Will I lose out on anything if I wait until my 2019 taxes are done.............After days of questioning people, I think I finally have figured out it would be better for me to get my 2019 done and submitted before applying.  But, I don't want to miss any deadlines or anything like that?  

No idea. Maybe call your state’s unemployment office?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

He was up early.

My husband (who complains about Trump a lot) said he brokered a deal on oil. Apparently, Mexico would not agree to the OPEC cuts (they offered 100K barrels a day, not the 350K OPEC wanted from them) so Trump offered up 250K barrels a day from the US.  I cannot find a news source for this, but Hubby has had it open and scrolling for days now so I expect it is close to what will happen, barring any last minute shenanigans. Not sure it will be enough.  Markets closed for Good Friday, although oil is down a bit due to the lack of oil use as the world economy is shut down.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He was up early.

My husband (who complains about Trump a lot) said he brokered a deal on oil. Apparently, Mexico would not agree to the OPEC cuts (they offered 100K barrels a day, not the 350K OPEC wanted from them) so Trump offered up 250K barrels a day from the US.  I cannot find a news source for this, but Hubby has had it open and scrolling for days now so I expect it is close to what will happen, barring any last minute shenanigans. Not sure it will be enough.  Markets closed for Good Friday, although oil is down a bit due to the lack of oil use as the world economy is shut down.

Started the presser with, "The United States helping Mexico along. They will reimburse us later."

• Like (+1) 2

Still Trump at presser (as always, paraphrased)

Directed Sec Purdue to  use funds and (something) available to work with our ranchers, cattlemen, producers, to make sure our food supply is safe. (And something about continuing smoothly.)

• Thank you (+1) 3

Trump talking about oil. Mexico (OPEC+) will reduce by 100K barrels. They'd be 250K (350K?) short, they  (Mexico) would make it up to us at a later date. (sounds pretty much like what Hubby told me earlier)

We will be reimbursed "in a form" at a later date.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 3

From Bloomberg

</snip>

OPEC+ will cut 9.7 million barrels a day -- just below the initial proposal of 10 million. The U.S., Brazil and Canada will contribute another 3.7 million barrels on paper as their production declines. OPEC officials were still waiting to hear more from Group of 20 members -- though it’s not clear if those numbers will represent real cuts or just production idled because of market forces.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

From Bloomberg

</snip>

OPEC+ will cut 9.7 million barrels a day -- just below the initial proposal of 10 million. The U.S., Brazil and Canada will contribute another 3.7 million barrels on paper as their production declines. OPEC officials were still waiting to hear more from Group of 20 members -- though it’s not clear if those numbers will represent real cuts or just production idled because of market forces.

</snip>

So he IS a Russian operative!!  I knew it.  

• Haha (+1) 2