The Trump Economy

GG

Just now, Koko78 said:

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I'm sure someone else will get killed soon, due to Democrat malfeasance. That should cheer you right up!

In other news, Koko now declares that night is day and day is night. The power of pure ignorance is truly breathtaking 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We'll see how the rest of the day goes.........

Dow Jones Industrial Average 21,809

+608.28     at 10:30

I'll be more convinced that the economy is sound if the gains hold up for 4-6 months.  Right now I am concerned that under extreme circumstances such as we are seeing presently the DOW is not a true barometer of what is happening.  The DOW saw good periods as the Great Depression deepened during the early 1930's.  

Edited by RochesterRob

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The numbers will be worse next week since the Senate didn't plug the "sit at home, get paid" language. I am sure Tibs and his ilk will be thrilled!! That is the Democrats dream.

Yeah, a few extra bucks for the lazy, and a few hundred billion for the lazy corporations...

Mnuchin throwing down the gantlet to the airlines.  If you want federal aid, you have to give up equity.   Gives them a choice of raising the cash through gov't or public markets, but suffer the same consequence. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

went out for a couple job interviews yesterday. 

not sure exactly what i was expecting out there, i didn't expect to see a ghost town but it was quite a bit busier than i had imagined it would be. after this little trip, i am thinking that the economy is going to be somewhat better off than what i had initially thought. if that is, we don't kill ourselves first.

stopped by the grocery store to get some frozen artichokes for a dish i'll make tomorrow and was pleasantly surprised to see that the shelves that were bare last week with the herd hording were pretty much restocked. the meat aisles had plenty to choose from however the prices were noticeably higher. i would think that this is not the case everywhere but still good to see as long as the virus isn't spreading.

oh, my wife says that the curbside pickup at her arts and crafts store is busy as all get out. she is actually working more hours than she was before the, 'stay at home' NYS mandate was issued.

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, GG said:

Mnuchin throwing down the gantlet to the airlines.  If you want federal aid, you have to give up equity.   Gives them a choice of raising the cash through gov't or public markets, but suffer the same consequence. 

as it should be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

And for the rest? Or for the people they spread it to? 

For some, it’s a lot worse. That’s how it is. Life and viruses aren’t fair, but the prescribed cure can’t be worse than the problem. Look, Trump is the only leader capable of leading the country through this and still having an America left for everyone when it’s over. Sleepy Joe and communist Bernie would have America transformed into something unrecognizable. Cannot let that happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Good. Much better than the blank checks to banks under GWB.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

In other news, Koko now declares that night is day and day is night. The power of pure ignorance is truly breathtaking 

How are you holding up Tiberius? Are you ever overcome with regret for laughing at the deaths of U.S. citizens in Benghazi? Does it keep you up at night? Give you bad dreams? Do you have a hotline number on you at all times? We're a community here at PPP and have sympathy and want to help even the lowest pond scum. 

7 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Not as informed as I should be...is that basically corporate debt?

Yup, high end of the corporate bond market - Microsoft, Intel, McD, Berkshire, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 2