The Trump Economy

GG

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

And to think I thought all along that you just had a mild case of TDS. He was referring to deaths per thousand and said that it can't be accurately determined because there are so many mild cases of it that many people have no reason to think they have it and will go on living their life as usual. That includes going to work. There has been no lack of response and in so saying you are supporting the dems and MSM hoax. Congratulations on spreading panic.

Really, no lack of response?  Why are there so few tests?  Oh, yeah, it's Obama's fault according to trump.  You folks with TLS fail to criticize him and will defend him no matter what.  You're no different than people who supported Obama no matter what...

He did not take this seriously enough because he is more concerned about the stock market and economy. 

My prediction: this will be the reason he doesn't get re-elected.  But to those with TLS, it's all a hoax and spreading panic....

19 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

How does one go about finding a “scientist friend?”

Sorry, I can't help you find friends.

2 hours ago, sabrecrazed said:

He didn't say this.

Read the next sentence.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TPS said:

Really, no lack of response?  Why are there so few tests?  Oh, yeah, it's Obama's fault according to trump.  You folks with TLS fail to criticize him and will defend him no matter what.  You're no different than people who supported Obama no matter what...

He did not take this seriously enough because he is more concerned about the stock market and economy. 

My prediction: this will be the reason he doesn't get re-elected.  But to those with TLS, it's all a hoax and spreading panic....

Sorry, I can't help you find friends.

Read the next sentence.

Now your just repeating the same stuff the Leftist media fed you. Early on he closed the border to the Chinese. The Left criticized him for being racist towards Asians and being an alarmist. I'll criticize him if he doesn't review where our critical products are coming from and find a way to have them made here.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now your just repeating the same stuff the Leftist media fed you. Early on he closed the border to the Chinese. The Left criticized him for being racist towards Asians and being an alarmist. I'll criticize him if he doesn't review where our critical products are coming from and find a way to have them made here.

Yeah, the most important/best thing Trump did was restrict travel to China when he did.  Had he waited another week or more like the Dems wanted, we'd be as screwed as Italy and Iran are, from where many new cases are coming. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, the most important/best thing Trump did was restrict travel to China when he did.  Had he waited another week or more like the Dems wanted, we'd be as screwed as Italy and Iran are, from where many new cases are coming. 

Yeah.  Trump mentioned that.  It was the right move.  Having free flowing conversations in interviews giving his opinion about an area he has no expertise in isn't.

9 hours ago, TPS said:

And this is how the right defends his piss-poor attempt to manage this crisis.  I wish a dem was in the WH, then you guys wouldn't be blinded by how ignorant this guy is on the issue, and more important, you'd realize that he cares more about the market than protecting people.  

The number of cases has increased by 35% so far today, and as we test more, these numbers will accelerate.  As the data show, if you're young, it's no big deal, but this thing will wipe out a big part of the older population. As a scientist friend said to me today, what will distinguish this from other viruses is that everyone will know someone who dies from it.

As for Trump, his casual attitude is a big problem.  He's trying to protect his stock market and economy.  By saying it's no big deal to go to work with this, he's become part of the problem. Yes, I understand that he's saying people have it and will go to work and eventually get better.   However, what he should be saying is exactly the opposite.  Stay home, because you will infect more and more people, which will put more and more of the most vulnerable population at risk.  For christ sakes, China quarantined an entire city to slow it down.

This will be his downfall--he will not win a second term because of his (lack of) response to this.  He can blame the dems, blame Obama; but Trump owns this now.   

When he put Pence in charge I thought it was a good move so he wouldn't have to comment on it.  I was wrong.  Luckily, most people have grown to trust his actions and not his words by now.  I hope.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  Trump mentioned that.  It was the right move.  Having free flowing conversations in interviews giving his opinion about an area he has no expertise in isn't.

Why? That's what interviewers are.  He even said it was just his opinion based on conversations with people who are experts.  It's not his fault that The View news networks twist what he says, and dumbasses believe it. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Don't conflate my statements with your bias. Closing the "border" with China was right--you won't find any criticism from me. What I've been arguing is they should've also been preparing for it's inevitable appearance here. It's clear to me that Trump was more concerned about rattling markets and any impact on the economy, so they delayed and maybe even suppressed testing (yes, my conspiratorial mind). They could've gotten ahead of the curve on this, but didn't. 

I following what medical professionals are saying. You keep believing your right wing media that it's a hoax.  

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Statistically speaking, it is.

It's amazing how gullible investors can be....

24 minutes ago, TPS said:

Don't conflate my statements with your bias. Closing the "border" with China was right--you won't find any criticism from me. What I've been arguing is they should've also been preparing for it's inevitable appearance here. It's clear to me that Trump was more concerned about rattling markets and any impact on the economy, so they delayed and maybe even suppressed testing (yes, my conspiratorial mind). They could've gotten ahead of the curve on this, but didn't. 

I following what medical professionals are saying. You keep believing your right wing media that it's a hoax.  

It's amazing how gullible investors can be....

What a bunch of bunk. The Left ripped on Trump for closing our borders to China and you admit now that you can't criticize him for that. OK, can you praise him for his foresight in doing so? Who said they weren't preparing for it here? Do you have any links to support your speculation? You are conflating Trump calling the virus a hoax with what he really said, that all the media and Left's lies are a hoax. You are perpetuating the hoax by pulling shitoutofyourass. Speculation on your part is just further proof of how deep your TDS goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Most people on the left did not rip on Trump for closing our borders to China, though. In fact, I don't think anyone ripped Trump for that. I'd like to see an example.

It's a moronic statement by a moron whose head is so far up there it's somewhere between Trump's stomach and large intestine by now.

Edited by Gary Busey

The distant mirror 

March 6, 2020 at 9:02 a.m. EST

The U.S. economy added 273,000 jobs in February, showing impressive growth and strength even amid concerns about the economic fallout of the coronavirus.

The unemployment rate fell slightly to 3.5 percent from 3.6 percent. The jobless rate remains near a 50-year low. The outstanding growth was driven by gains in health care, restaurants, government and construction hiring.

“The employment report was nearly perfect in February before the growing economic storm posed by the spreading coronavirus around the country that threatens many industries where the public gathers from movies, to travel, to the airline industry, even shops and malls,” Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist of MUFG Union Bank, wrote in commentary Friday.

February’s strong performance reflected the calm before the coronavirus panic gripped the global economy. Over the past few weeks, experts have gone from sanguine to increasingly alarmed about the virus’ threat to global growth, as the outbreak has spread to nearly 90 countries and sickened almost 100,000. Global markets have shown volatility and fallen sharply investors monitored the coronavirus’ dampening effect on manufacturing, travel and consumer spending. Analysts are predicting global economic growth could slow to the lowest levels since the financial crisis this quarter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/06/march-jobs-report/

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

Most people on the left did not rip on Trump for closing our borders to China, though. In fact, I don't think anyone ripped Trump for that. I'd like to see an example.

It's a moronic statement by a moron whose head is so far up there it's somewhere between Trump's stomach and large intestine by now.

Schumer ripped Trump, in a tweet on 2/6.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Schumer ripped Trump, in a tweet on 2/6.  

He did not. It was a fake Tweet. Even the conservative blog that promoted the Tweet says it was fake.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/02/schuminations-hiding-the-truth.php

HOAXED: My apologies to readers. The allegedly deleted Schumer tweet does not appear in Pro Publica’s authoritative list of deleted Schumer tweets. I regret not verifying the authenticity of the deleted tweet before posting this. I’m declaring it a hoax. I plead in mitigation that I trusted Glenn!

• Thank you (+1) 1