The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

just a note on the tweet... the number is 1.608mm, not 1,608mm. 

I am making so much money in the stock market right now. Housing is looking like late in Bush presidency, economy strong but Fed keeping rates low...

Ya, this will not end well. Trump bullied the Fed, stock market overvalued?

Image result for bubbles

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I am making so much money in the stock market right now. Housing is looking like late in Bush presidency, economy strong but Fed keeping rates low...

Ya, this will not end well. Trump bullied the Fed, stock market overvalued?

Image result for bubbles

let me take a guess here tibs,... you are in your late thirties/early forties? when you get to retirement age, you will be thanking the ground Trump walked on.

Edited by Foxx

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

let me take a guess here tibs,... you are in your late thirties/early forties? when you get to retirement age, you will be thanking the ground Trump walked on.

I did great under Obama, also. Neither president should get credit for the global economy. But keeping rates low, even with a good economy can cause problems. Why are rates still so low while the economy has reached recovery? 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I did great under Obama, also. Neither president should get credit for the global economy. But keeping rates low, even with a good economy can cause problems. Why are rates still so low while the economy has reached recovery? 

Keep rooting for that recession, buddy! Maybe someday it will happen, and all your liberal dreams can come true!

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

WE HAD BEEN ASSURED WE WERE ON THE CUSP OF ANOTHER DEPRESSION: 

Solid U.S. Retail Sales Confirm Consumer Strength.

To be fair, we’ve been told that every month since November, 2016. It’s like nobody’s listening.

Don't forget all the people that died due to changes to ACA, the North Korea nuclear missile strikes, and the 42 degree increase in global warming due to #Orangemanbad.  Yeah, I listened to Todd Herman today.  Frankly amazing we could produce such numbers with 1/3 the people.  hahha

Edited by CoudyBills

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Please explain to us how well the global economy is doing in comparison to our economy today. Be specific. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Where do you live?

...in the land of "Big Fredo", NYS......my NYS taxes remained flat......but I paid more to the Feds starting with my NYS income tax deduction/property tax cap which is $10,000....lost net deduction of $25,000.........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...in the land of "Big Fredo", NYS......my NYS taxes remained flat......but I paid more to the Feds starting with my NYS income tax deduction/property tax cap which is $10,000....lost net deduction of $25,000.........

That's what I was getting at. The fed tax cuts certainly hurt those who have high end property real estate taxes. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's what I was getting at. The fed tax cuts certainly hurt those who have high end property real estate taxes. 

...wasn't my real estate taxes that were the thump.....I live modestly relative to my home.....loss of NYS income tax deduction on 1040 was the killer............

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wasn't my real estate taxes that were the thump.....I live modestly relative to my home.....loss of NYS income tax deduction on 1040 was the killer............

I understand, that's why I crossed out "property", referring to high end property and instead posted high end real estate taxes. It may seem like it's federal taxes that have gone up for you but its really high NYS real estate taxes that are the problem. You just don't get to deduct all of them on your federal tax return anymore. Simply speaking, NYS real estate taxes are too high. From my experience, if you could move your home to PA you'd probably end up not having taxes that exceeded the $10,000 cap on deductions. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I understand, that's why I crossed out "property", referring to high end property and instead posted high end real estate taxes. It may seem like it's federal taxes that have gone up for you but its really high NYS real estate taxes that are the problem. You just don't get to deduct all of them on your federal tax return anymore. Simply speaking, NYS real estate taxes are too high. From my experience, if you could move your home to PA you'd probably end up not having taxes that exceeded the $10,000 cap on deductions. 

...I have employees in PA...PA state income tax rate is 3.7%.....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I have employees in PA...PA state income tax rate is 3.7%.....

That's lower there too, eh? I used to travel around OH, PA, NY and NJ seeking sites to build stores for regional and national retail chains. If I remember correctly NYS was the worst as it pertains to RE taxes while NJ wasn't far behind and OH and PA were generally similar to each other but much lower than the other two. As a general rule NYS real estate taxes were 2.5 -3 times what they were for the same building in PA.

One thing that I noticed in NYS is that it seemed like all of the main routes through villages or towns were getting torn up and new sewers and brick crosswalks along with cutesy streetlights were being installed. These were all on state routes and it seemed very pricey. 

• Like (+1) 1