The Trump Economy

GG

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You compared a constant, steady, fixed rate of change (one second per second) to a variable rate of change.  

Pointing that out is less picking a nit than harpooning a whale.

Well, ya got me.  I concede.

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting to me due to the diversity of the states - some "high tax", some "low tax", some R, some Ds 

Five states, including some crucial to Trump, just hit all-time low unemployment rates

* Alabama, California, Illinois, New Jersey and South Carolina all set new all-time low unemployment rates in September.
* The declines come amid a national jobless rate that fell to 3.5%, the lowest since 1969.
* Economic stability will be crucial to President Donald Trump in the 2020 election as he battles an impeachment threat in Congress.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is a great idea.  I'm not crazy about those sponsoring the bill wanting to move the agencies to their states but still a good idea.  Not only will it provide economic boosts but running those agencies in less expensive areas will save the taxpayer's money.  They could then refund the savings back to us.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The condescension by that writer... unless I am reading this wrong (always possible) -

</snip>

But, like so much of the policy framework the populist right is working to develop to underpin it’s rhetoric, the proposed legislation, if it is to be implemented, must overcome the inertia of a status quo that has maintained for decades. How, for instance, would the federal agencies fill high-skill positions that require post-college education when the vast majority of highly educated Americans have, for decades, shunned the middle of the country in favor of coastal cities? The prospect of secure employment and a low cost of living will help, but the move will likely require a broader cultural transformation as well.

</snip>

Because no one in middle America has higher degrees!? No one wants to live in middle America?  Shesh

As to the idea? Like all things there are positives and negatives. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

That's not the worst idea I've ever heard.

Not the best, either.  But not the worst.

It's very much like companies moving out of CA to cheaper areas to help the bottom line.  At the same time it typically elevates the economy of the areas they are moving to.  This just kind of flips that idea.  

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you would love Montana. God's country.

No Tom's agency will be relocated to California.  <evil laugh>

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's very much like companies moving out of CA to cheaper areas to help the bottom line.  At the same time it typically elevates the economy of the areas they are moving to.  This just kind of flips that idea.  ...

yeah but... gas prices.