The Trump Economy

GG

Just now, Doc Brown said:

The Dow was actually going up because investors liked what they heard from the Fed until Trump's tweet storm.  This is the reason why the Fed was designed to be independent.

I said it a few months back now, but the administration has long planned to target the Fed and central banking system. I don't know how much is theater/saber rattling, but it's something I've heard a lot from different parts of the administration. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Trump tweeted.

Ordered? oh boy. Unfit for office. He is losing his mind 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Thanks. :beer: 

He can't help himself. 

The Russia hoax was the Dems greatest gift to him. All they had to do is sit back and watch him implode.   But they had to take it to 11.  

• Like (+1) 2

Trump says he will respond to tariffs this afternoon

From CNN's Betsy Klein

In a series of tweets, he expresses frustration with China, and says, “Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China.”

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/economy-china-jerome-powell/h_d2be04b163a95b353e3644ba5737328a

• Thank you (+1) 1

Looks like we're heading into a full blown economic war.  Anyone thinking there won't be collateral damage is delusional.  Trump better hope it ends before September 2020.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, GG said:

Looks like we're heading into a full blown economic war.  Anyone thinking there won't be collateral damage is delusional.  Trump better hope it ends before September 2020.  

Yes sir..cause we all agree consumers are driving this economy..and Trump is more concerned about "wining" a trade war and leaving 1BILLION consumers with less buying power!!! 4D chess there

@Deranged Rhino, i love ya brother, and take you at your word freedom and liberty is more important to you than party..the words"i hereby order" not concerning to you at all what Trump things about those subjects?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yes sir..cause we all agree consumers are driving this economy..and Trump is more concerned about "wining" a trade war and leaving 1BILLION consumers with less buying power!!! 4D chess there

@Deranged Rhino, i love ya brother, and take you at your word freedom and liberty is more important to you than party..the words"i hereby order" not concerning to you at all what Trump things about those subjects?

This has always been my worry with President Trump.  He has a very wide authoritarian streak, and I have no desire to trade one sort of dictatorship for another.

• Like (+1) 3

China Hits Back at Trump With Higher Tariffs on Soy, Autos

An extra 5% tariff will be put on American soybeans and crude-oil imports starting next month. The resumption of a suspended extra 25% duty on U.S. cars will resume Dec. 15, with another 10% on top for some vehicles. With existing general duties on autos taken into account, the total tariff charged on U.S. made cars would be as high as 50%.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-23/china-to-soon-unveil-tariffs-on-u-s-says-global-times-hu

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This has always been my worry with President Trump.  He has a very wide authoritarian streak, and I have no desire to trade one sort of dictatorship for another.

The thing with Trump is he has poor impulse control but later comes to his senses.  So, when I see him tweet something as authoritarian as that I treat it as the same way as a three year old telling me he hates me because I won't buy him a sucker.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(He seems real nervous)

You're getting scarily into Trump Fan Zone. Remember that at every pointi in his career, Trump has eventually ***** up everything he built.

• Like (+1) 2