The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, DC Tom said:

They have a harder stance on their southern border than we have on ours.  They don't have the resources to enforce it.  Tariffs are not likely to help that, I'm guessing.

They may have a harder stance but it clearly isn’t working. Trump is trying to get them to work smarter not harder. I’d think it’s a whole lot easier to stop the migrants on their really short border than on our really long one. I’d love to see Trump get Mexico to allow the US to police it down there. It’d cost a whole lot less than the current mess! And probably less than a wall.

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why what’s wrong with reading The Art of the Deal?

most of us in the business world were well aware of The Donald since the early 1980s, through triumph and failure and rising back up

even when he was a short-fingered vulgarian in Spy magazine

it's been amusing for people to wake up in 2016 and realize he exists and rehash stories that were stale around 1991

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don’t know. I didn’t read it. 

But you mentioned it as a reason for why Trump is such a great deal maker?!? 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Some people read what they talk about or post. Try it sometime.

Huh? 

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I must repeat my warning that the Fed should not ignore the U.S.’s inverted yield curve. Parts of the U.S. yield curve have been inverting since last November. Now, the key 10-year yield is lower than the 3-month T-bill yield. That is by any standards a deep inversion. An inverted yield curve has preceded every U.S. recession since WWII. There is no reason to assume that this time will be different.

Well, things have been working out so swimmingly well with Mexico's cracking down on the southern invaders, (excuse me - fraudulent asylum seekers), that I think something had to be done. And by that I don't mean giving billions of dollars to the Central American governments to pay for their luxurious lifestyles.

This is a serious issue. The Central Americans are grabbing America by the p ***** y! :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

In my mind the threat of tariffs will bring Mexico the the table to have honest in depth and on going discussions about the problem. Things like getting them to ask for help with their southern border. Making the Mexican economy stronger so the in incentive to stay becomes greater. Someone mentioned what if a vast majority of the goods now manufactured in China were moved to Mexico. That would be yuge!  This is the “art of the deal” that someone with a business background that many of us have been begging for for a long time understands that your average politician has no clue about.  

Move manufacturing to Mexico. Problem solved! 

That book? 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Normally the YC inverts as the FED continues to raise short term rates. That's not the case this time.  Currently, the long term yield is coming down on the fear of a slowdown due to Trump's tariffs, and there are a lot of data signals to support the slowdown.  It will be interesting to see what Trump and China do..?  Trump has to resolve this before it pushes the US into a recession.  China would be wise to push Trump on this, as he will be forced to back down before 2020 heats up....  

Also, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the FED cut its target rate at the June meeting, but the board will probably be split, and I'm not sure there are enough doves currently to make it happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I didn't mention the book at all.  

This is “the art of the deal.” 

Why are you taking about something you clearly know nothing about? 

That’s why I’m pretty sure you worked in fast food when you call yourself a chef. Fake! Dishonest! Words you clowns like to use and clearly know something about! 

Tard! 

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

This is “the art of the deal.” 

Why are you taking about something you clearly know nothing about? 

That’s why I’m pretty sure you worked in fast food when you call yourself a chef. Fake! Dishonest! Words you clowns like to use and clearly know something about! 

Tard! 

Yes it is the art of the deal.  Negotiation is part of deals and it's an art and I think he's pretty good at it.  How could I reference the book if I've not read it?   

Tard??  WTF??  Are you 12??

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes it is the art of the deal.  Negotiation is part of deals and it's an art and I think he's pretty good at it.  How could I reference the book if I've not read it?   

Tard??  WTF??  Are you 12??

It's because he references, links and quotes from work that he has not read. He's used to it.