The Trump Economy

GG

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

He sold out everything that matters with regards to this country, and undermined its ability to defend itself while suppressing his citizens' voices in the election process. 

He was a bad president and is a bad man. History will not be kind to him.

He still is better than the 4 I listed below him

not a hope anyone credibly dares attack him the next 2000 years

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He still is better than the 4 I listed below him

not a hope anyone credibly dares attack him the next 2000 years

This is going to get very ugly for 44. 

Very. 

We've only just started. By the time they're done with him he'll be lucky if he gets to stay in the country. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Obama is more Teflon than Reagan

and his enemies have more important things to do, like enjoy life

I think Obama has been Teflon due to the MSM covering (or shall we say not covering) his ineptness and criminality (or at the very least, the criminality of the upper tier of his administration). Will that continue to hold? No idea.  But as they say, the next few months should be interesting

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think Obama has been Teflon due to the MSM covering (or shall we say not covering) his ineptness and criminality (or at the very least, the criminality of the upper tier of his administration). Will that continue to hold? No idea.  But as they say, the next few months should be interesting

I know.... but you can’t attack him

just because....

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'll agree to disagree. He was a good speaker/reader though, I'll give him that.

he is a decent man, he did a decent job running the country

he wasn't Nixon or Reagan

petty attacks on him will get you labelled a racist in two seconds flat, be very very carefulllllllllllllllll

Just now, row_33 said:

he is a decent man, he did a decent job running the country

he wasn't Nixon or Reagan

petty attacks on him will get you labelled a racist in two seconds flat, be very very carefulllllllllllllllll

Nothing petty about condemning his constant drone strikes, his categorization of 'enemy combatants', and his foreign policy in general. Also worth pointing out his divisive nature on many cultural issues, of which he was on the wrong side of many.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nothing petty about condemning his constant drone strikes, his categorization of 'enemy combatants', and his foreign policy in general. Also worth pointing out his divisive nature on many cultural issues, of which he was on the wrong side of many.

extremely petty stuff, 99% of the population will label you a nutcase and a racist for talking like this....

The people are not happy. 

President Trump’s strongest case for reelection remains the country’s healthy economy, but the potency of that issue for him is complicated by a widespread belief that the economy mainly benefits people already in power, a Washington Post-ABC News pollfinds.

The result previews a fresh wave of populism that could reshape yet another presidential campaign with about 18 months to go before voters decide whether to return Trump to the White House.

This sentiment runs the deepest among Democratic and independent registered voters, but also exists among a significant slice of Republicans. About 8 in 10 Democrats and more than 6 in 10 independents say the country’s economic system gives an advantage to those already in power, while nearly a third of Republicans share that view.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:34 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations

</snip>

Exports rose 3.7% in the first quarter, while imports decreased by 3.7%. Economic growth also got a lift from strong investments in intellectual property products. Those investments expanded by 8.6%.

</snip>

This was a pleasant surprise.  It looks like his trade stance is paying off, as changes in the trade balance contributed a full 1% out of the 3.2% rise.  This will most likely be the most important factor for the remainder of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TPS said:

This was a pleasant surprise.  It looks like his trade stance is paying off, as changes in the trade balance contributed a full 1% out of the 3.2% rise.  This will most likely be the most important factor for the remainder of the year. 

Probably why the Dems don't want to pass the USMCA deal. Better trade for the US, more jobs, better economy is great for American workers (estimates are 2 million jobs). However, the politics of it is better economy benefits reelecting President Trump.  My my hope is they would put Americans first, but then I laugh myself silly thinking it is even a possibility. I am sure Trump will be out in the "rust belt states" hammering this home. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Cherry picking Rasmussen has been discussed before. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

With his epic economy, he’s still below 45 on average. 

None of if it will matter if he loses PA. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The people are not happy. 

About 8 in 10 Democrats and more than 6 in 10 independents say the country’s economic system gives an advantage to those already in power, while nearly a third of Republicans share that view.

So the economic system that people are unhappy about it Trumps doing?  People are dumb and so are you.  

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

None of if it will matter if he loses PA. 

In fairness, not of it will matter if any of the current DNC candidates gets the nod to run against Trump.

I hate to sound like a Footloose soundtrack, but where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?

You need a hero.