The Trump Economy

GG

14 hours ago, TH3 said:

Tyler Zed huh?  I missed his teachings at Grad School....Did T-Zed mention that China used to buy 6 million tons a month....before Tariff man hit ....they have committed to buy 1.3 million tons at around $7 per unit vs $10 last year during ....order due 1q 2019.....low price due to massive stockpiles .....prices likely won’t bounce back till 2020.....

The winning....TZED?

Google is your friend

So we're starving them out! :thumbsup:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What China has done in  the last 30 years is amazing: (her second tweet shows how many people they have pulled out of poverty)

What Japan has done over the same time is astounding.  They've stagnated, if not contracted.

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What Japan has done over the same time is astounding.  They've stagnated, if not contracted.

It would be interesting to overlay manufacturing revenue.  When I was a kid, all the cheap crap said made in Japan on the bottom.  For a long time now it's been China.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Social Insurance and Retirement" intake was $179B.  Social Security, Medicare, and "Income Security" outlays were $373B.

Holy Jesus, we are *****.  

As you were saying about Japan ....

42 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Fortunately the fiscally responsible party had two years to fix it and did...oh...they did dick. 

But we will build that wall damn it!

Republicans only care about fiscal responsibility when they're out of power.  In power they're Democrat Lite

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Republicans only care about fiscal responsibility when they're out of power.  In power they're Democrat Lite

Yes and it really sucks.  ***** Paul Ryan for all his rants about fiscal responsibility over the past 10 years became a turtle when his party gained the white house and majorities .  You'd think a guy like him would want to get something meaningful done before he left office. 

37 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes and it really sucks.  ***** Paul Ryan for all his rants about fiscal responsibility over the past 10 years became a turtle when his party gained the white house and majorities .  You'd think a guy like him would want to get something meaningful done before he left office. 

Unfortunately, it's all about re-election, and everyone knows it's easier to get re-elected when you're promising goodies to people.  It's one of the reasons that the argument for term-limits is strong;  if these douches could only be there so long, do what's right, and then have to get out, we'd see alot more right getting done.  But so long as their MO is what-does-it-take-to-get-re-elected, this will continue to be a problem.

I wish 'my' side was better about it, but they're just as bad.  At least my side does one half of the equation properly, the lower taxes part.  But we need the other, HARD part, lowering expenditures.  And that will never happen so long as people have to fight to get re-elected.

We need one-and-done political appointees.  Get in, get done what you're voted in for, and leave.  I hate term-limits in that you don't get to keep good people, but it's good that you get the bad ones out.  We can't continue on this path to financial slavery, but until we get people in that will make the necessary, hard changes in, and get the old guard out, we're going down the crapper.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I don't even think they're worthy of that.  This year's deficit is the highest since 2012.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Unfortunately, it's all about re-election, and everyone knows it's easier to get re-elected when you're promising goodies to people.  It's one of the reasons that the argument for term-limits is strong;  if these douches could only be there so long, do what's right, and then have to get out, we'd see alot more right getting done.  But so long as their MO is what-does-it-take-to-get-re-elected, this will continue to be a problem.

I wish 'my' side was better about it, but they're just as bad.  At least my side does one half of the equation properly, the lower taxes part.  But we need the other, HARD part, lowering expenditures.  And that will never happen so long as people have to fight to get re-elected.

We need one-and-done political appointees.  Get in, get done what you're voted in for, and leave.  I hate term-limits in that you don't get to keep good people, but it's good that you get the bad ones out.  We can't continue on this path to financial slavery, but until we get people in that will make the necessary, hard changes in, and get the old guard out, we're going down the crapper.

That underlined part is *****. 

It's quitting your job when you have bills to pay. Taking a pay cut and buying a Mercedes. 

If anything, what the Rs do is worse than what the Ds do. At least the Ds spend more AND raise your taxes. That strategy is f*cked too but it's not as long term f*cked as spending more and raising less.

The Rs are pathetic on finances.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

It's quitting your job when you have bills to pay. Taking a pay cut and buying a Mercedes. 

If anything, what the Rs do is worse than what the Ds do. At least the Ds spend more AND raise your taxes. That strategy is f*cked too but it's not as long term f*cked as spending more and raising less.

The Rs are pathetic on finances.

how_to_fart.jpg

7 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Your plane crashing the first time you fly, rain on your wedding day, ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife...