The Trump Economy

GG

I found it interesting that the Chinese significantly softened their retaliation measures. They couldn't ignore Trump's increase without losing face/legitimacy, but they're trying to do it in a way to avoid Trump's threat of 25% tariffs.

Seems to me that they're trying to signal that they're willing to negotiate, without looking weak.

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, Trump's economy is so good..explain this one to me! Trump is bad for business!!!

BTW, this does suck..they make a mighty fine sammy!!!

According to that article, one reason among several given for the company's financial trouble is because the owner attended a round table meeting with the president, and the subsequent backlash is supposedly hurting business. If that is indeed the case, Trump is only bad for business if a large enough portion of a business's  clientele is a bunch of intolerant, Trump-hating leftists whose bigotry and hatred of Trump will cause them to stop doing business with a company they had hitherto supported.

Who then is truly the hateful one?

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, Trump's economy is so good..explain this one to me! Trump is bad for business!!!

BTW, this does suck..they make a mighty fine sammy!!!

It's really an unfortunate story. The idea that people and the livelihoods need to pay because they did something that you just generally disagree with is a leftist tactic through and through.

The dude does a Small Business summit with Trump, just like he did with Obama, and his business plummets, investors pull out, and people are unemployed.

All in the name of progress.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

It's really an unfortunate story. The idea that people and the livelihoods need to pay because they did something that you just generally disagree with is a leftist tactic through and through.

The dude does a Small Business summit with Trump, just like he did with Obama, and his business plummets, investors pull out, and people are unemployed.

All in the name of progress.

I agree that it's sad.  However, the owner should've anticipated that given Trump's immense unpopularity in urban areas (especially DC).  Especially when emotions were still raw after the election given all the stupid crap Trump said during the campaign.

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree that it's sad.  However, the owner should've anticipated that given Trump's immense unpopularity in urban areas (especially DC).  Especially when emotions were still raw after the election given all the stupid crap Trump said during the campaign.

It's not Trumps unpopularity in urban areas he should have been concerned with. He should have been afraid of precisely what happened; leftists destroying his livelihood, and the livelihood of all his employees, because they can't tolerate anyone who doesn't think like them.

This isn't about Trump. It's about the intolerant left keeping the greatest meltdown ever alive.

11 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's not Trumps unpopularity in urban areas he should have been concerned with. He should have been afraid of precisely what happened; leftists destroying his livelihood, and the livelihood of all his employees, because they can't tolerate anyone who doesn't think like them.

This isn't about Trump. It's about the intolerant left keeping the greatest meltdown ever alive.

Trump's a different cat though because if Rubio or Jeb won the presidency I doubt there would be any backlash over him meeting with either of them. As an owner you don't want to do anything that could negatively jeopardize your business.  

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Trump's a different cat though because if Rubio or Jeb won the presidency I doubt there would be any backlash over him meeting with either of them. As an owner you don't want to do anything that could negatively jeopardize your business.  

Yeah, I appreciate the effort. But there comes a point where the left has to accept responsibilities for it's selfish, destructive actions. They LOVE to destroy businesses that don't agree with them, and you don't need Trump's presence to see that. You just need a Christian business owner.

This isn't Trump. This is the left. They do it with or without Trump because they don't give a flyingsnotrubber about anything except forcing people to either agree, or STFU.

Period.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

And the owner attended a small business round table, as he has in the past.  But this time was punished for it.  

That's not reasonable.  That's not punishing somebody for their beliefs, or their associations, or their business practices.  That's punishing someone for proximity.

30 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This isn't Trump. This is the left. They do it with or without Trump because they don't give a flyingsnotrubber about anything except forcing people to either agree, or STFU.

Period.

This 100%.

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Yeah, I appreciate the effort. But there comes a point where the left has to accept responsibilities for it's selfish, destructive actions. They LOVE to destroy businesses that don't agree with them, and you don't need Trump's presence to see that. You just need a Christian business owner.

Period.

I don't think if Jeb Bush was president and the owner attended a small business round table with him there would be any backlash, but I could be wrong.  I suspect that Trump isn't the main reason the restaurants went out of business though as boycotts usually don't work.  

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And the owner attended a small business round table, as he has in the past.  But this time was punished for it.  

That's not reasonable.  That's not punishing somebody for their beliefs, or their associations, or their business practices.  That's punishing someone for proximity.

I agree that its not reasonable, but not anticipating there would be backlash because of the crazy left who organized "not my president" rallies after the election is on the owner.

Edited by Doc Brown

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree that its not reasonable, but not anticipating there would be backlash because of the crazy left is on the owner.

Although I disagree with it, a backlash against open support for the president is one thing, but for taking advantage of attending a round table with the president of the US?

Edited by Azalin

18 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Although I disagree with it, a backlash against open support for the president is one thing, but for taking advantage of attending a round table with the president of the US?

I guess in their minds that just agreeing to attend a meeting with Trump was showing support for him.  As an owner, you have to anticipate the irrationality and stupidity of some of your customers in every action you take.

Edited by Doc Brown

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yet Trump's polling numbers are astonishingly high amongst blacks and Hispanics.

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess in their minds that just agreeing to attend a meeting with Trump was showing support for him.  As an owner, you have to anticipate the irrationality and stupidity of some of your customers in every action you take.

That's pretty sad. I remember when the American left used to try to presume a monopoly on caring. They appear to have given that up for a monopoly on hate. I liked them better before.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Azalin said:

That's pretty sad. I remember when the American left used to try to presume a monopoly on caring. They appear to have given that up for a monopoly on hate. I liked them better before.

Their response to that would be we just elected a president whose rhetoric suggests in their view that he doesn't care about minorities based on his peddling the birther conspiracy of the first black president, calling the majority of Mexicans coming over the border rapists/murderers, and calling for a Muslim ban.  That's why I contend if it was any other GOP candidate who became president, the owner/business wouldn't have received the same amount of backlash.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Their response to that would be we just elected a president whose rhetoric suggests in their view that he doesn't care about minorities based on his peddling the birther conspiracy of the first black president, calling the majority of Mexicans coming over the border rapists/murderers, and calling for a Muslim ban.  That's why I contend if it was any other GOP candidate who became president, the owner/business wouldn't have received the same amount of backlash.

If there was any basis in fact for allegations of racism by Trump, then those throwing their fits might have justification for their actions. The fact is that those accusations aren't founded in fact, but rather an unabated wave of TDS. Even if you disagree with my assessment, I still challenge anyone who seeks to justify the hatred and violence the far left has begun to openly embrace.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

And he proudly cites his economic accomplishments in regards to blacks and Hispanics. When did he call for a Muslim ban and when did he say that the majority of Mexicans coming across the border were rapists and murderers? I thought you were better than this.

2 minutes ago, Azalin said:

If there was any basis in fact for allegations of racism by Trump, then those throwing their fits might have justification for their actions. The fact is that those accusations aren't founded in fact, but rather an unabated wave of TDS. Even if you disagree with my assessment, I still challenge anyone who seeks to justify the hatred and violence the far left has begun to openly embrace.

I personally haven't seen anything definitive to call Trump a racist.  I don't think he is and just says a lot of stupid crap.  A lot of people on the far left do though and he has exasperated the hatred and violence that was already in the far left.