The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Are we missing the big piece here ?

From NBC news...
"Multiple people briefed on the matter say that the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York's public corruption unit is prosecuting the case."

The "public corruption unit"

Hello?

This will involve officials who worked the original plea deal for Epstein.

This is a public corruption case as much as a sex case.

It seems like there were more people debriefed than briefed.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The judge found the rights of the victims were impacted due to the light sentence. The question is why was there such a light sentence? My question is why is Alexander Acosta still head of Labor? Unless this doesn't lead to him?

That Techno_fog thread @Deranged Rhino linked to above is very interesting. (Techno_fog has something about Cyrus Vance Jr giving a sweetheart deal as DA but he wasn't sworn in until 2010, so I am not sure how that ties together).

The head of the DOJ in 2007 was  Alberto Gonzales and Michael Mukasey. In 2008 Mukasey was head of the DOJ that was "supervising" this case. 

So, who are they after? 

There's a lot of chatter (unsubstantiated) that Acosta was forced to comply due to either direct threats or blackmail. If it's the latter, then it's likely the provider of that blackmail is Epstein himself (his operation was a blackmail operation first and foremost). Acosta, per these rumors, is in the administration for protection. 

Not sure I buy that personally. I think it's more likely that Trump was forced (by the nature of politics/the swamp/being an outsider) to accept a number of compromised people within his administration (think McMaster, Tillerson, Preibus, Manafort et al) but he isn't afraid to clean them up with the rest. 

This is an important thread too re Trump/Epsteins connection: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's a lot of chatter (unsubstantiated) that Acosta was forced to comply due to either direct threats or blackmail. If it's the latter, then it's likely the provider of that blackmail is Epstein himself (his operation was a blackmail operation first and foremost). Acosta, per these rumors, is in the administration for protection. 

Not sure I buy that personally. I think it's more likely that Trump was forced (by the nature of politics/the swamp/being an outsider) to accept a number of compromised people within his administration (think McMaster, Tillerson, Preibus, Manafort et al) but he isn't afraid to clean them up with the rest. 

This is an important thread too re Trump/Epsteins connection: 

The jabbering about "linked to Trump" should be "linked to Trump as President Trump is on the list to testify against Epstein".  

And as far as the GOPe President Trump was "forced" or "needed" to have as part of his administration, I agree. Whether it was via coercion, due  to who could pass the confirmation hearings, who had some inkling on how things could possibly get done when dealing with the swap, yes, I am certain a lot of his administration was compromise candidates.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the Independent so... it's a shoddy source to begin with. The phrasing here is interesting though... 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-submarine-accident-fire-nuclear-reactor-catastrophe-sailors-dead-a8991531.html

“Today we are seeing off the crew of a research deep water apparatus, who died while performing a combat mission in the cold waters of the Barents Sea. Fourteen dead, 14 lives,” he is quoted as saying. “At the cost of their lives, they saved the lives of their comrades, saved the ship, did not allow a planetary catastrophe.”

The Independent was unable to verify the comments, which did not elaborate on the cause of the accident or how disaster was averted.  

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The jabbering about "linked to Trump" should be "linked to Trump as President Trump is on the list to testify against Epstein".  

And as far as the GOPe President Trump was "forced" or "needed" to have as part of his administration, I agree. Whether it was via coercion, due  to who could pass the confirmation hearings, who had some inkling on how things could possibly get done when dealing with the swap, yes, I am certain a lot of his administration was compromise candidates.

100% :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is a pretty big deal if you factor in the spat of money laundering investigations ongoing... I trust GG and the economic experts out there to give their takes on the economic realities/causes. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/07/deutsche-bank-will-exit-its-global-equities-business-and-scale-back-investment-bank.html

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is a pretty big deal if you factor in the spat of money laundering investigations ongoing... I trust GG and the economic experts out there to give their takes on the economic realities/causes. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/07/deutsche-bank-will-exit-its-global-equities-business-and-scale-back-investment-bank.html

it would appear that they have been in a death spiral for some time now.

"You could see Lehman-style scenes outside Deutsche Bank on Monday...It's very sad what's happening."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The most truth is told in jest... 

(shh)

from the article:

... “I was like a minor wizard because he would be casting spells, and I would see people mesmerized, but because I’m a minor wizard, the spells don’t work on me,” said Gates ...

when they tell you who they are, believe them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the Independent so... it's a shoddy source to begin with. The phrasing here is interesting though... 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-submarine-accident-fire-nuclear-reactor-catastrophe-sailors-dead-a8991531.html

“Today we are seeing off the crew of a research deep water apparatus, who died while performing a combat mission in the cold waters of the Barents Sea. Fourteen dead, 14 lives,” he is quoted as saying. “At the cost of their lives, they saved the lives of their comrades, saved the ship, did not allow a planetary catastrophe.”

The Independent was unable to verify the comments, which did not elaborate on the cause of the accident or how disaster was averted.  

100% :beer: 

I want to know when "interesting" became a synonym for "stupid."

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nancy Pelosi’s daughter foreshadowing that some of her "faves" may be implicated in a child rape and trafficking case.

Very strange.

she almost makes it sound like they have an idea who is going to be implicated, but never said anything while it was going on

• Like (+1) 6

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I honestly don't think it was anything more than sheer management incompetence in trying to grow the bank into a global giant.   

Can't deny that German culture had somewhat of a role, which doesn't translate too well outside its borders.

People can ***** on American exceptionalism all they want, but there isn't a country in the world (Britain comes in a close second) who raises people that can properly manage global enterprises.

• Thank you (+1) 1