The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Right. I Googled "Deep State" thousands of times that month.

Well, this board contains more than enough evidence that simple concepts continue to elude you.

Let's talk about the Patriot Act, specifically when a large number of liberal politicians were complaining (correctly) that it was an assault on liberty.  Why do you think they were doing that?  Who was benefiting from all of the information collected?

Proving how stupid most of you are is easy BECAUSE YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Blah, blah, blah

You mean because the Fed wouldn't be doing exactly the same thing with a different party running things? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Well, this board contains more than enough evidence that simple concepts continue to elude you.

Let's talk about the Patriot Act, specifically when a large number of liberal politicians were complaining (correctly) that it was an assault on liberty.  Why do you think they were doing that?  Who was benefiting from all of the information collected?

Proving how stupid most of you are is easy BECAUSE YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY.

You mean because the Fed wouldn't be doing exactly the same thing with a different party running things? 

I understand this is difficult for you. I imagine you haven't thought about monetary policy, liquidity injections, interventions in the corporate bond market, etc., etc. You may have been too busy reading some nutcase on Twitter instead of the Wall St Journal or the Financial Times.

But this point should be easy:

TRUMP IS TAKING CREDIT FOR THE STRONG STOCK MARKET. THE STOCK MARKET IS WHERE IT IS TODAY BECAUSE OF THE DEEP STATE: THE FEDERAL RESERVE.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I understand this is difficult for you. I imagine you haven't thought about monetary policy, liquidity injections, interventions in the corporate bond market, etc., etc. You may have been too busy reading some nutcase on Twitter instead of the Wall St Journal or the Financial Times.

TRUMP IS TAKING CREDIT FOR THE STRONG STOCK MARKET. THE STOCK MARKET IS WHERE IT IS TODAY BECAUSE OF THE DEEP STATE: THE FEDERAL RESERVE.

We Are Laughing GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Which is different from previous politicians how?  Barack Obama didn't pass a single piece of legislation to help the American economy but took enormous amounts of undue credit for the minimal turn around.

They are POLITICIANS.  It is WHAT THEY DO.

You wanna talk economics, start another thread.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If you want to know what the Deep State really is -- the one virtually no Americans understand -- start paying attention to what the Federal Reserve is doing. This is the Deep State PROPPING UP TRUMP, if not by design, then certainly by effect.

I'm not necessarily opposed to them keeping the economy afloat during what otherwise could be a depression, but every time I hear Trump crowing about how great the stock market is doing, I say yes, but that's the Fed's doing, not yours. Without these interventions we'd have seen:

1. A collapse in overnight money markets.

2. Massive defaults in corporate bonds, including the collapse of the high-yield (junk) bond market

3. A 2008 style collapse in the stock market. We saw in happen as the gravity of COVID-19 became apparent, but the markets snapped back after it became obvious that the Fed would do what it takes to prop up the economy.

Trump owes the Deep State a debt of gratitude. If he wins, it saved his hide.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-to-inject-1-5-trillion-in-bid-to-prevent-unusual-disruptions-in-markets-11584033537

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-will-amass-corporate-bond-portfolio-using-index-approach-11592246982

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ny-fed-lays-out-plan-to-pare-back-repo-liquidity-injections-11586808307

The Fed had relied heavily on repo interventions as the new coronavirus crisis worsened and markets came unglued, and it announced operations that would have lent trillions to banks, although the financial firms never took the Fed up on it.

The Fed is paring back its longer-term operations over the next month “in light of more stable repo market conditions.” Starting on May 4, it will do an overnight repo each morning, but no longer offer one in the afternoon. It will also now offer a three-month repo once every two weeks, rather than once a week. It will continue to offer a one-month repo once a week. All operations will have a $500 billion cap.

What is the difference between Trump identifying a Deep State in the Federal Government and Ben Rhodes identifying The Blob in the Federal Government?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

We Are Laughing GIFs | Tenor

So the Fed shouldn't have taken these actions?

The junk bond market should have collapsed?

The Fed shouldn't have lowered interest rates to effectively zero, causing capital to to flee to the stock market?

The market should be about 30% (or more) off their peaks right now, so that Trump could run on that record?

Makes sense to me.

Grow up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

So the Fed shouldn't have taken these actions?

The junk bond market should have collapsed?

The Fed shouldn't have lowered interest rates to effectively zero, causing capital to to flee to the stock market?

The market should be about 30% (or more) off their peaks right now, so that Trump could run on that record?

Makes sense to me.

Grow up.

There he goes again -- he can't have a rational, sane conversation. So he must invent a position to argue against. 

That's something crazy people do. 

Not sane people. And certainly not honest people. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Which is different from previous politicians how?  Barack Obama didn't pass a single piece of legislation to help the American economy but took enormous amounts of undue credit for the minimal turn around.

They are POLITICIANS.  It is WHAT THEY DO.

You wanna talk economics, start another thread.

Is the Fed not part of the Deep State? 

Your boys seem to think it is:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-kudlow/white-houses-kudlow-ratchets-up-criticism-of-deep-state-fed-idUSKBN1WW1YW

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

There he goes again -- he can't have a rational, sane conversation. So he must invent a position to argue against. 

That's something crazy people do. 

Not sane people. And certainly not honest people. 

You responded to a perfectly sane exposition of the Fed's response to the COVID-19 crisis with the very adult gif "now is the time we throw back our heads in laughter."

What was funny about what I said?

What was wrong about it?

Responding in that manner is the hallmark of an intelligent (and sane) person.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Your boy" 

:lol: 

Can't argue honestly, so he must assign people positions for him to argue against. Trump is not AD's boy. But why let facts get in the way of a crazy rant?

Kudlow is Trump's Chief Economic Advisor!

He is literally Trump's mouthpiece on economic policy.

If Trump disagrees with him, he certainly hasn't fired him, nor has he let that be known.

If Alaska Darin disagrees with Trump's economic policy, well, here's your chance to tell me. So far all I've got is "Economics is Hard."

Edited by The Frankish Reich

You responded to a perfectly sane exposition of the Fed's response to the COVID-19 crisis with the very adult gif "now is the time we throw back our heads in laughter."

Wrong again, because you're VERY stupid. 

I responded to YOUR stupidity, and laughed at it, Frank. 

Difference. 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Kudlow is Trump's Chief Economic Advisor!

He is literally Trump's mouthpiece on economic policy.

If Trump disagrees with him, he certainly hasn't fired him, nor has he let that be known.

Proving you're too stupid to read a three line post, let alone comprehend it. Way to go, Frank! Keep on removing all doubt about that one cylinder engine you have atop your shoulders. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong again, because you're VERY stupid. 

I responded to YOUR stupidity, and laughed at it, Frank. 

Difference. 

So let's stop with the name calling.

What part of my explanation for the Fed's pivotal role in propping up the stock market since February is incorrect?

Just one example.

Listen.  I know you're stupid so I'll give you a bit of a pass here.

I never said what was part of the Deep State and what wasn't.  So stop with the Strawman.

I don't know who "my boy" is.  So feel free to expound on that.

Just because something is bad doesn't mean everything about it is "bad".  That's why checks and balances are put in place.  You can sit where you are and think it's a good idea to allow large government bureaucracies have exorbitant power to do whatever they want without any oversight.  It's not something I'm ok with.  You don't think the "Deep State" has done anything despite the overwhelming evidence that's been let out in drips and drabs over the last number of years.  You believe the MSM, despite their history of being INSANELY wrong about just about everything once time passes.

You keep fighting the good fight, dummy.  You're totes winning.

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

D2YkHQMUwAAMRqR?format=jpg&name=medium

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks for sharing that. A concept that is going back to the wacko fringe where it belongs.

What changed since this was written or this?

Rhodes Is Right About 'The Blob'

The Washington foreign-policy establishment protests too much.