The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

Just now, Gary Busey said:

How does Brennan keep yapping? You said he'd be in the slammer by late summer/early fall (2019)

Gary, I told you. I don't want to date you. I'm sadly just a boring straight man. And if I were going to try dating a man, I'd want one with two fully descended testicles with something more than a mirco-peen to offer me. You just don't make the cut, sweetie. I know that's hard for you to accept but it's time for you to move on and let your dream of me banging you go.

• Haha (+1) 1

I sure hope Trump keeps Fauci on board.  That would end up being a disastrous decision from a public confidence perspective.   

With that said, and I made this point earlier, it is not the job of a president to do what his experts want.  It's the job of an effective CEO/president/manager to listen to all his experts, weigh the costs and then make a decision.

A health expert is always going to look at just the health implications.  An economic adviser is only going to look at the economic consequences.  A military adviser is only going to advise on military matters.   When you make decisions, you have to look at these on a whole.  

Right now during this scare we are experiencing, there is a bit of a danger that the public (primarily amplified by the media), believes that we must do what the health experts say.

While I agree that the decisions from local/state/federal government should tilt on the side of caution, they CANNOT only look at the health side of the equation.  I'm pretty sure that Fauci the other day said or at least implied that we need to get to 0 cases before we can open things up.   There has to be benefit/cost analysis to all this.

If we are going to be reasonable about this, then that has to be the choice, not whether or not the public is 100% safe from the Virus.  Because if that is the choice, being 100% safe from the Virus, then the economy cannot restart until after a Vaccine is made.    

This has to be viewed on a spectrum, and somewhere on that spectrum is the point when we phase back in.

With that said, the press is not responsible enough to even entertain this concept.  Not until some prominent democrats come out realizing this fact.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3