The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

Authorities arrested Jose “Fito” Salinas, 81, today. He is expected to make his initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Juan Alaniz 11 a.m. tomorrow.

A federal grand jury returned the indictment Feb. 11. It was unsealed today upon his arrest.

From June 2018 to approximately November 2018, the City of La Joya entered into a public relations contract with Sylvia Garces Valdez, according to the charges. As a condition for receiving the contract, the mayor’s daughter - Frances Salinas De Leon – was to allegedly receive a portion of the contract’s payments.

The indictment alleges that from January 2016 to approximately July 2016, Salinas devised a scheme that resulted in the City of La Joya purchasing property he owned at a highly-inflated rate.

SDNY

Withdraw as Attorney, Doyle et al v. U.S. Department of Homeland Security, No. 1:17-cv-02542 (S.D.N.Y. Feb 14, 2020)

Dear Judge Failla:

I write to inform the Court that I will be leaving the United States Attorney’s Office.
Accordingly, I respectfully request the entry of an order terminating my appearance in this
matter. My colleague, Assistant United States Attorney Sarah S. Normand, who previously
entered her appearance as counsel of record, will continue to handle this case.
I thank the Court for its consideration of this request.

Respectfully submitted,
GEOFFREY S. BERMAN
United States Attorney for the
Southern District of New York

• Thank you (+1) 1