The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

So much for 44's claim to be scandal free. Yesterday destroyed that narrative. Not only was his FBI corrupt and illegally spying on his political opponents, he was gaming the Pentagon and public sentiment on his DISASTROUS foreign policy. 

44 will go down as one of the most corrupt and worst presidents in history when the books are written 50 years from now. 

Note that buried in there is a statement about General Flynn who wanted to tell the truth to the people about the war. 

He was fired by 44 for wishing to do that. 

Now re-think the attacks on Flynn from the jump.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

So much for 44's claim to be scandal free. Yesterday destroyed that narrative. Not only was his FBI corrupt and illegally spying on his political opponents, he was gaming the Pentagon and public sentiment on his DISASTROUS foreign policy. 

44 will go down as one of the most corrupt and worst presidents in history when the books are written 50 years from now. 

To be fair, I don't know if you can really call it his foreign policy. I never got the impression Obama cared all that much for foreign affairs, other than the hobnobbing/social aspect of it. He was likely rubber stamping all the policy decisions presented to him that benefited power players here and abroad. I think history will likely paint him in a similar vein as Bush II, a puppet for the power behind the throne.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

To be fair, I don't know if you can really call it his foreign policy. I never got the impression Obama cared all that much for foreign affairs, other than the hobnobbing/social aspect of it. He was likely rubber stamping all the policy decisions presented to him that benefited power players here and abroad. I think history will likely paint him in a similar vein as Bush II, a puppet for the power behind the throne.

Say what you want about Bush regarding his policies but he was/is a far better man than Obama could ever aspire to be. 

Edited by 3rdnlng

32 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

It seemed incoherent, but it wasn’t.

It was narrowly focused on selling the United States’ foreign policy to the highest bidder for the personal enrichment of those involved.

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It seemed incoherent, but it wasn’t.

It was narrowly focused on selling the United States’ foreign policy to the highest bidder for the personal enrichment of those involved.

In collusion with Russia.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In collusion with Russia.

"I'll have more flexibility after my reelection". 

That statement alone has more in it favoring impeachment than anything Trump has ever uttered. Break it down to "I'll sell out NATO and our relationship with it, but only after I have secured four more years in office". 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wasn't the format changed after the Rosemary Collyer report? I seem to recall Trump saying something last year about a change of some sort.

Yes and no. 

Collyer and Adm Rogers worked together in October of 2016 (the day AFTER the Page FISA was issued) to address the specific use of "about queries" inside the DOJ National Security Division and the FBI's Counterintelligence Divisions. Rogers made something like 200+ recommendations for how to change procedures around the handling of 702 data inside the DOJ/FBI and those were implemented by December of 2016 before Rogers left. 

But the core issues with the court itself were not addressed. That can was kicked down the line by congress twice (most recently a few weeks ago). March is when it's next up for renewal, by then I think the country will be in a better informed place to have a serious conversation about how to fix/alter/change/abolish the FISC and how FISAs are obtained on US citizens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I bet they still made money on this.  From the report:

The $192.35 million penalty against HSBC Switzerland has three parts. First, HSBC Switzerland has agreed to pay $60,600,000 in restitution to the IRS, which represents the unpaid taxes resulting from HSBC Switzerland’s participation in the conspiracy. Second, HSBC Switzerland agreed to forfeit $71,850,000 to the United States, which represents gross fees (not profits) that the bank earned on its undeclared accounts between 2000 and 2010. Finally, HSBC Switzerland agreed to pay a penalty of $59,900,000. 

notice that it goes out of it's way to say not profits.  Looking further:

In 2002, the bank had approximately 720 undeclared U.S. client relationships, with an aggregate value of more than $800 million. When the bank’s undeclared assets under management reached their peak in 2007, HSBC Switzerland held approximately $1.26 billion in undeclared assets for U.S. clients. 

192 million seems like a lot until you see that they were handling almost 10 times that amount.  I can almost guarantee the new year will see increases banking fees for all HSBC customers.  Just like At&Ts fines were passed down to the same consumers they took advantage of.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/20949850/att-fine-unlimited-data-plan-fake-throttling

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/301680-att-switches-customers-to-more-expensive-plans-without-permission

it’s particularly noteworthy that AT&T is rolling out these new plans in the very same week it paid a $60M fine to the FTC for lying to customers about the nature of supposedly unlimited data plans.  According to a new AT&T document, mobile users with old Mobile Share plans now enjoy 15GB more data than they previously had. Mobile Share Value 30GB plans are now Mobile Share Value 45GB plans. Mobile Share Value 60GB is now Mobile Share Value 75GB, etc, etc. Sounds like a nice bonus, right?

Not so much. According to AT&T: “Enjoy more data. Starting with your October 2019 bill, you’ll get an additional 15GB of data on your Mobile Share plan. This bonus data comes with a $10 price increase.”

By all means though lets not worry about corporations and 1%ers but instead the imaginary welfare queens that are spending all your hard earned tax dollars... :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

I bet they still made money on this.  From the report:

The $192.35 million penalty against HSBC Switzerland has three parts. First, HSBC Switzerland has agreed to pay $60,600,000 in restitution to the IRS, which represents the unpaid taxes resulting from HSBC Switzerland’s participation in the conspiracy. Second, HSBC Switzerland agreed to forfeit $71,850,000 to the United States, which represents gross fees (not profits) that the bank earned on its undeclared accounts between 2000 and 2010. Finally, HSBC Switzerland agreed to pay a penalty of $59,900,000. 

notice that it goes out of it's way to say not profits.  Looking further:

In 2002, the bank had approximately 720 undeclared U.S. client relationships, with an aggregate value of more than $800 million. When the bank’s undeclared assets under management reached their peak in 2007, HSBC Switzerland held approximately $1.26 billion in undeclared assets for U.S. clients. 

192 million seems like a lot until you see that they were handling almost 10 times that amount.  I can almost guarantee the new year will see increases banking fees for all HSBC customers.  Just like At&Ts fines were passed down to the same consumers they took advantage of.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/20949850/att-fine-unlimited-data-plan-fake-throttling

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/301680-att-switches-customers-to-more-expensive-plans-without-permission

it’s particularly noteworthy that AT&T is rolling out these new plans in the very same week it paid a $60M fine to the FTC for lying to customers about the nature of supposedly unlimited data plans.  According to a new AT&T document, mobile users with old Mobile Share plans now enjoy 15GB more data than they previously had. Mobile Share Value 30GB plans are now Mobile Share Value 45GB plans. Mobile Share Value 60GB is now Mobile Share Value 75GB, etc, etc. Sounds like a nice bonus, right?

Not so much. According to AT&T: “Enjoy more data. Starting with your October 2019 bill, you’ll get an additional 15GB of data on your Mobile Share plan. This bonus data comes with a $10 price increase.”

By all means though lets not worry about corporations and 1%ers but instead the imaginary welfare queens that are spending all your hard earned tax dollars... :rolleyes:

this is not the first time HSBC was fined/found guilty of impropriety. it seems every other  year they are in trouble for violating some US law or another. they have been fined billions of dollars.

additionally, i do hope your not advocating for the breaking of or minimizing of US law.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

this is not the first time HSBC was fined/found guilty of impropriety. it seems every other  year they are in trouble for violating some US law or another. they have been fined billions of dollars.

absolutely and continue to operate this way because it is beneficial.

Since we are on a Bills board I can use the example of the Patriots.  Lose a first round pick here and there, fined a half million dollars, suspend golden boy for 4 games.  Worth it for 6 championships and the millions upon millions (if not billions) they made while winning them and being the face of the NFL.