The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (Ericsson or the Company), a multinational telecommunications company headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, has agreed to pay total penalties of more than $1 billion to resolve the government’s investigation into violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) arising out of the Company’s scheme to make and improperly record tens of millions of dollars in improper payments around the world.  This includes a criminal penalty of over $520 million and approximately $540 million to be paid to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in a related matter.  An Ericsson subsidiary pleaded guilty today for its role in the scheme. 

“Today, Swedish telecom giant Ericsson has admitted to a years-long campaign of corruption in five countries to solidify its grip on telecommunications business,” said U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman of the Southern District of New York.  “Through slush funds, bribes, gifts, and graft, Ericsson conducted telecom business with the guiding principle that ‘money talks.’ 

According to admissions by Ericsson, beginning in 2000 and continuing until 2016, the Company conspired with others to violate the FCPA by engaging in a longstanding scheme to pay bribes, to falsify books and records and to fail to implement reasonable internal accounting controls.  Ericsson used third party agents and consultants to make bribe payments to government officials and/or to manage off-the-books slush funds.  These agents were often engaged through sham contracts and paid pursuant to false invoices, and the payments to them were improperly accounted for in Ericsson’s books and records.  The resolutions cover the Company’s criminal conduct in Djibouti, China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Kuwait. 

Details at the link.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

So it goes with the facial recognition pictures they have of you, of course.

I am opposed to willingly giving them my fingerprints. If they're too lazy to get my prints from NYS, *****'em.

However, if they want to send an attractive cis-female agent to my door, I may be persuaded into giving her a DNA sample. You know, for the good of the nation and all...

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This is a real WTF!?

The link from the tweet just spins for me, but here are some others:

I believe this is where the tweet link attempts to go

Pilot Program Allows Electronic Fingerprint Submission for IdHSCs at Select Post Offices

Just now, Koko78 said:

I am opposed to willingly giving them my fingerprints. If they're too lazy to get my prints from NYS, *****'em.

However, if they want to send an attractive cis-female agent to my door, I may be persuaded into giving her a DNA sample. You know, for the good of the nation and all...

You, sir, are a true patriot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hedge said:
2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You, sir, are a true patriot.

No he's not!
He's just another vagrant willing to swap spit for self gratification! 

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You lawyers, always mincing words. Why don't you just come out and say getting your fingerprints are going to cost the feds one good looking hooker. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

You lawyers, always mincing words. Why don't you just come out and say getting your fingerprints are going to cost the feds one good looking hooker. 

No, the fingerprints they can get from NYS. The DNA sample will require a good-looking hooker.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Long thread:

Well, as much as I enjoy uncovering dirt on Clinton and others, I'm not sure this is fair criticism. We've been selling arms and training Saudi military and helping Saudis build bases in their country for a number of years and Trump has continued to approve the arms sales.  Bush and Obama did same.  In part it's a counter to growing Iran military capability in the region. 

Certainly a tragedy the shooting in Florida and I think we have to have a strong response to S.A. maybe to discontinue training here.  We do train their pilots in Saudi.  Maybe train only there. 

Certainly fair to question the CF contribution.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Thank you (+1) 1