The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

4 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

True

The claims are that the FISA warrant against Page (and possibly others) was obtained with an improper application which failed to disclose certain information and included false information.  Then it was extended 3 times and possibly without the necessary additional evidence.  That's the rub.  Trump and his DOJ aren't bitching that we have a FISA process.  They're bitching that the process deliberately wasn't followed correctly. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The claims are that the FISA warrant against Page (and possibly others) was obtained with an improper application which included a failure to disclose certain information and the inclusion of false information.  Then it was extended 3 times and possibly without the necessary additional evidence.  That's the rub.  Trump and his DOJ aren't bitching that we have a FISA process.  They're bitching that the process deliberately wasn't followed correctly. 

mandate scopes and pedantic close-ups shift and alter as a matter progresses

21 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

The claims are that the FISA warrant against Page (and possibly others) was obtained with an improper application which included a failure to disclose certain information and the inclusion of false information.  Then it was extended 3 times and possibly without the necessary additional evidence.  That's the rub.  Trump and his DOJ aren't bitching that we have a FISA process.  They're bitching that the process deliberately wasn't followed correctly. 

And both Amash and Gary are leaving out very big changes made to the FISC and FISA process while renewing the 702 program. More are coming on the heels of what Barr will uncover as well.  

But honesty isn't important to Gary. Never has been. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And both Amash and Gary are leaving out very big changes made to the FISC and FISA process while renewing the 702 program. More are coming on the heels of what Barr will uncover as well.  

But honesty isn't important to Gary. Never has been. 

Gary? I thought he was the former poster 26Copy/Paste?

Might be Ben then. 26CP seemed to me was always curt and rude to a point.

Could be Ben's back with a bug up his arse because things just haven't turned out the way he hoped and thought they would.

Regardless, they're a WOB (wast of bandwidth) that are adding zero to the dialogue here.

Just throwing shite about process and sources that they don't care for. That and a TDS-like fixation on Q and "conspiracies." 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

bust them into smithereens

I just really don't know what that looks like ultimately though. Social media isn't Ma Bell, they can't just break up the companies into smaller companies that do the same thing and think that will solve the problem. I'm really curious to see what the aftermath/plan is in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Might be Ben then. 26CP seemed to me was always curt and rude to a point.

Could be Ben's back with a bug up his arse because things just haven't turned out the way he hoped and thought they would.

Regardless, they're a WOB (wast of bandwidth) that are adding zero to the dialogue here.

Just throwing shite about process and sources that they don't care for. That and a TDS-like fixation on Q and "conspiracies." 

Ben was Beginner's Mind if I remember. There's too many of these people playing the name game to keep them straight.

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I just really don't know what that looks like ultimately though. Social media isn't Ma Bell, they can't just break up the companies into smaller companies that do the same thing and think that will solve the problem. I'm really curious to see what the aftermath/plan is in that regard. 

Regulators don't know what to do either.  In all these cases they will look to past examples, which obviously won't fit in the Internet age landscape.  My guess is that they will put in some kind of a Chinese wall between the social network plumbing and the advertising & sales departments.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Facebook buys up everything and anything that might be considered competition. On the one hand, they are a private company, and should be able to since they have the money to do so. There are people who develop strictly to be purchased by Facebook (and other big tech/social/search). Kinda hard to tell these companies/people they should not do that.

On the other hand, Facebook is the social behemoth that ate... everything. Heck when G+ couldn't complete (lots of reasons for that, but they still couldn't dent Facebook), who can? That does stifle speech and creativity in this day and age.

As for Google... there are search engine alternatives in  yahoo & bing (which actually have worked with Google on some projects - so separate, unequal, and yet still in the mud together) , Pinterest, duckduckgo, etc. So while Google is definitely the biggest search player (by far), it is that Google controls so many of the ads we all see online that may be of greater concern. They are responsible for delivering over 80% of all ad content online (last figure I saw was 85% - could be up or down from that). That is a LOT of monetary control via affiliates, as well as another avenue of speech control when those ads are not accepted (we won't even get into how they know what ad to target to what user).   
Edited to add: there are a lot of sites that Google will not allow ads on which could be the argument for free speech. If it is legal, and google had such a stranglehold on ads (revenue streams), why isn't it discrimination to not allow accept those sites to host ads?

And Google buys up stuff left and right too (why Google was allowed to by Youtube when they were one of the top 3 "search engines", I will never know). They are not saints in any way. 

Should these giants be broken up? While I do not have a strong opinion either way, my weak opinion says: probably. And it will be painful in the beginning if they are. But long term, it may be for the best for speech, creativity, competition, and the future of the internet. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well, for starters they could make Facebook divest Instagram in whole. How did that one ever get approved?

Google could/should give up Youtube. 

Google the search and destroy engine should be separated from G-Suite. 

Amazon's Alexa integration should be separated in some manner that doesn't allow listening in on in-home conversations and should be separated from the Amazon virtual BigBox Store.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For clarity as to who's who in that picture: 

(The picture had improper labels -- my fault / corrected)

Note, this is a picture of people vacationing together. Friends. The picture shared by Gary/Ben in the Russia thread of Trump/Nadler is one anyone can get with Trump at his events during the 2016 election. One is not like the other. The relationship between Trump/Nadler is non existent whereas the relationship between Bill and Nadler goes back decades. 

Be careful of programmed NPCs thinking they know what they're talking about. 

And, per the Mueller report, Nadler was working with both campaigns: 

Fullsized image

Someone is being pressured to flip. ;) 

CORRECTIVE EDIT: The picture of them in the water has improper labels. There are two George Naders, both connected to Clinton, both visited Epstein Island with Bill per the flight records -- but the Nader in the previously included picture is the other Nader. This is on me, apologies! 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
Updated information
  • Like (+1) 1