The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump has already compromised going from 25b to 5b. He also in the past offered to up the DACA people from 700k to 1.8m. The dems won't give a damn penny for a wall.

Not only that...they won't pass DACA legislation.  They'd rather force Trump to recognize an unconstitutional program than give people legal rights.  :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Civilians Could Serve on Military Tribunals

• By GERALDINE SEALEY
December 10, 2001

Pentagon lawyers designing historic military tribunals to try terrorists are poring over history books and legal tomes for guidance.

While U.S. law permits the executive branch to design the commissions with few restrictions, even with little regard to precedent, officials drafting the rules are reportedly keeping history in mind.

Derp

46 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not only that...they won't pass DACA legislation.  They'd rather force Trump to recognize an unconstitutional program than give people legal rights.  :wallbash:

They've never wanted a DACA fix. I think that may be part of the reason they don't want to fund a wall----it takes away their issue. They're just as disingenuous as can be.

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They've never wanted a DACA fix. I think that may be part of the reason they don't want to fund a wall----it takes away their issue. They're just as disingenuous as can be.

True.  The wedge issues are more powerful in elections than being able to take credit for solving a problem.  Nancy and Chuck could agree to support border security, get relief for over a million among the DACA folks and take a bunch of credit for getting it done but won't do it. 

Trump on the other hand because he can't argue with much articulation missed a golden opportunity today to tell them both with many watching: "the American people through your inaction will clearly see that you want neither border security or a lasting DACA solution".  "They'll see you both for the political hacks that you are if you don't bring your party to the table with a President who wants to fix this".  "You're both on the clock starting right now".  "The country is watching". 

13 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

True.  The wedge issues are more powerful in elections than being able to take credit for solving a problem.  Nancy and Chuck could agree to support border security, get relief for over a million among the DACA folks and take a bunch of credit for getting it done but won't do it. 

Trump on the other hand because he can't argue with much articulation missed a golden opportunity today to tell them both with many watching: "the American people through your inaction will clearly see that you want neither border security or a lasting DACA solution".  "They'll see you both for the political hacks that you are if you don't bring your party to the table with a President who wants to fix this".  "You're both on the clock starting right now".  "The country is watching". 

Exactly.

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From your link:

4. SDNY inclusion of these charges in the Cohen plea deal was a sleazy political and PR attack against the president by an office coordinating with Mueller and aligned with Comey. SDNY knew Cohen would plead. It, therefore, knew its absurd allegations would not be tested in any courtroom — district, circuit or Supreme Court. If they were tested, SDNY would be hammered like a nail. But it knew the left-wing media and politicians would use the mere over-the-top allegations from its office, with absolutely nothing more, to claim the president committed campaign felonies. No due process. No assumption of innocence. They knew they couldn’t charge a sitting president. Thus, they convict the president in the press, not only an extreme act of professional misconduct but a violation of the very purpose of the DOJ memos banning the indictment of a sitting president while effectively indicting him in the court of public opinion, and watch as untold numbers of media personalities and former members of the SDNY, among others, use this dirty work to predict or demand the president’s indictment and/or impeachment.

5. As for impeachment, NDAs involving wholly private matters occurring before the president was even a candidate and completely unrelated to his office cannot legitimately trigger the Constitution's impeachment clause. Indeed, they could not be more irrelevant. The history of the clause and its “high crimes and misdemeanors” language make it crystal clear that the office and the president’s duties are not affected in any conceivable way by these earlier private contracts. Of course, Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler, another NYC radical, could not care less. He’s more than thrilled to be an executioner in this French Revolution redux. The Constitution be damned. Meanwhile, he and the others wave around the Constitution as if they’re defending it against a tyrant. It is they who are the tyrants.

• Like (+1) 1

Did Clinton Foundation mislead IRS? State filings raise the question

When confronted by detractors, the Clinton Foundation often uses a common line of defense: The charity is one of the most scrutinized in history and no one has found anything wrong with it.

But state regulatory filings suggest that may not be true.

In December 2005, for example, the Utah Division of Consumer Protection flagged missing information in the Clinton Foundation’s federal tax filing with the IRS, known as a form 990. The state regulator specifically flagged money spent on professional fundraisers and consultants that were excluded from the required section of the filing.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I disagree with your take on Trump articulating his point of view.  I think you're overestimating sound bite management, especially in light of the way media chooses to cover this sort of thing.  I'm not disagreeing with the fact that Trump is a bull in a china shop, but I thought he was very effective in getting pelosi  and Schumer off their political game.  The key talking point was "let's do this in private", andTrump response's was to school them in what  transparency really means.  He's right, of course, even if he's oversimplifying the point. 

The fact is is that schumer has been in the senate since 1998' pelosi in office since 1988...and neither has done anything of substance as it realtes to border security.  Neither wants to do anything about border security, they have become quite rich, and quite powerful surfing the tides of the status quo.  Nothing Trump can say or do in the moment is going to change how they are viewed by their supporters, so bust it down to the lowest common denominator. He's got pelosi tap dancing after the fact suggesting they weren't prepared to discuss this issue in public, and they didn't want to embarrass the prez by correcting him. 

I think Trump artfully made them look like the political hacks that they are, if art can be made from a chain saw cutting into sludge. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I disagree with your take on Trump articulating his point of view.  I think you're overestimating sound bite management, especially in light of the way media chooses to cover this sort of thing.  I'm not disagreeing with the fact that Trump is a bull in a china shop, but I thought he was very effective in getting pelosi  and Schumer off their political game.  The key talking point was "let's do this in private", andTrump response's was to school them in what  transparency really means.  He's right, of course, even if he's oversimplifying the point. 

The fact is is that schumer has been in the senate since 1998' pelosi in office since 1988...and neither has done anything of substance as it realtes to border security.  Neither wants to do anything about border security, they have become quite rich, and quite powerful surfing the tides of the status quo.  Nothing Trump can say or do in the moment is going to change how they are viewed by their supporters, so bust it down to the lowest common denominator. He's got pelosi tap dancing after the fact suggesting they weren't prepared to discuss this issue in public, and they didn't want to embarrass the prez by correcting him. 

I think Trump artfully made them look like the political hacks that they are, if art can be made from a chain saw cutting into sludge. 

I applaud Trump for giving both of them "the business" while on camera and he had them backpedaling which will play well with his base.  He could put more pressure on Dems if he did a better job of stating succinctly the obvious case for better securing our borders and putting the ball in the Dems court to get on board.  The ranting about a shutdown and repeating himself too much (as he often does) takes away from the issue and making an effective pitch to Americans.  Cite the recent caravan problem, the years of immigration abuse, the olive branch of long term residency for DACA people and put the ball in their court for all to see.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I applaud Trump for giving both of them "the business" while on camera and he had them backpedaling which will play well with his base.  He could put more pressure on Dems if he did a better job of stating succinctly the obvious case for better securing our borders and putting the ball in the Dems court to get on board.  The ranting about a shutdown and repeating himself too much (as he often does) takes away from the issue and making an effective pitch to Americans.  Cite the recent caravan problem, the years of immigration abuse, the olive branch of long term residency for DACA people and put the ball in their court for all to see.

Here's the challenge. There are scores and scores of stories about the Dems, the border and everything else. We know Schumer is a big part of the problem, as was John McCain and every other long term senator who accomplishes nothing on border security. The caravan issue was  highly publicized....you would think that would galvanize all political leaders r, d and in the middle, as people of good will to solve this issue.  Literally every player in the game can look and see something horrible for their side. Yet, nothing happens. 

Anyway, I understand your point and thanks for the reply.